THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Shanemc
james_hampton
6 posters

Could Haye beat the klitschko brothers?

james_hampton
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Could Haye beat the klitschko brothers? Empty Could Haye beat the klitschko brothers?

Post  james_hampton Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:15 am

After tonights performance from Haye a meeting with one or both of the Ukranian brothers seems inevitable how do you guys see both of the fights going. I see Haye as quite a clever fighter and would wait for Wladimir to punch himself out and either KO him late in the fight or win by decision (as long as it isnt in Germany) I think the Vitali fight would be much closer and think maybe Vitali just shades it. Interested to see your opinions though.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Could Haye beat the klitschko brothers? Empty Re: Could Haye beat the klitschko brothers?

Post  Shanemc Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:24 am

i dont think so think both would have to much for him and both would be way to smart to punch themselves out they both fight very slowed paced fights i think haye would have more of a chance against Wladimir as we have seen before he hasnt got a great chin unlike vitali who is known for having an iron chin.I think both would wear down haye and get a late stoppage or win a wide UD
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Could Haye beat the klitschko brothers? Empty Re: Could Haye beat the klitschko brothers?

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 am

He probably has the best chance right now, the HW division isnt that great at the moment.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:12 am

id love to see him fight Chris Arreola next if he gets by golota theres no way that fight goes 12 rounds
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 pm

I agree with Shane, I can't see Haye beating either of the Wilthisko brothers right now, sadly they are about the only top-class fighters in a pretty weak division. Haye probably has the best chance in beating them though.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:00 pm

if Haye is to beat the Klitchkos he will need to change up his style a bit if he fought either of them the way he fought Ruiz i cant see lasting very long he needs to keep his hands up and learn alot more head movement a slow ruiz was able to hit him a good bit if it was either klitchko he would have been ko'd i really hope if he does get to fight either that he can pull it off i cant stand watching them to rule the heavyweight division i nearly fall asleep during all there fights and i really only watch them hoping they will lose but sadly there great boxers hard to really beat either but think Haye can do it i wonder how much Haye would improve if he was being trained by Freddie Roach,emmanuel steward or even floyd mayweather sr
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Shane didnt know Arreola was fighting Golota, should be a walk in the park these days. Id like to see Tua and Arreola fight if he wins that, the winner has a clain to a shot, or maby one of them could fight Valuev for no1 contender spot.

Ive heard a horrible rumour that Valuev has a rematch clause in his contract so we might have to watch Haye vs Valuev 2 before the Klitschkos

As far as his chances are concerned he has a half decent chance of dropping Wlad and if he doesnt let up he could finish him. But thats offensivley, deffensivley he isnt at all sound, he will be hit with Jabs and Crosses all night long against either brother.

The other problem with Haye is that he cant keep up a high pace for 12 rounds, against Valuve he needed to pace himself and keep the punch output low so he could go 12 rounds, Against Vitali especially he needs to be able to fight 12 rounds and to beat someone who has so much height and reach who will pepper him with jabs he needs a high workrate... I just done see Haye beating Vitali (though he isnt getting any younger)

He has a chance to Swarm and KO Wlad but Wald has good recovery Ive seen him dropped 3 times or so in a fight and get up to win.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:18 pm

sorry Ben i meant to say Arreola is fighting Adamek which is going to be a tough fight for both id say Adamek is the more skillful boxer just have to see if he can cope with Arreola's power moving up in weight winner of that would be a good fight for haye
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Adamek beat Golotta didnt he? Arreola will be a handfull for him, What ever happened to Sam Peter, maby Tua can get a fight with him? I really hope Valuev doesnt get a Haye rematch, no one needs to see that.

Valuev should fight Choi in K-1, Barnett in MMA and then retire! Im sick of seeing him fight!
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Adamek did beat Galota.

Samuel Peter has been beating up cans since his loss to Chambers. He won an IBF title eliminator in March.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 am