THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
Once Mohawked Pete
rudeboyben84
Moose Stuff For Money...
elmatadorafa
hendos_right_hook
GWillz
redmeanie77
ChelseaQuinsfan
12 posters

Open Weight Tourtument Second round

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Open Weight Tourtument Second round Empty Open Weight Tourtument Second round

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 pm

The Draw has been made and the following fights have been put together.

Gonzaga-Cain
    Thiago Silva-Carwin
    GSP-Anderson
    Jon Jones-Shogun
    Rampage-Crocop
    Thiago Alves-Belfort
    Henderson-BJ Penn
    Machida-Wandi

Some mouth watering clashes there, we start with a HW bout between Gonzaga and Cain.

The big Brazilian ogre looks to get out of his habit of choking in big fights as he takes on one of the best HWs in the world Cain Velasquez. Its BJJ vs Wrestling here as the two HW forces clash.

Let battle comence!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Open Weight Tourtument Second round Empty Re: Open Weight Tourtument Second round

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Gonzaga sub rd 2.

Cain way over-confident from his ko win over Nog, comes out striking neglecting his wrestling base, soon tastes some leather from the hard hitting Brazilian ogre, Cain is rocked, soon realises that his stand up is not what he thought it was and shoots in for a takedown ala Kongo fight. But wait, his opponent this time does not have a ground game that is an abomination. And Cain finds himself in a world of trouble and GG sweeps and locks in a kimura from north-south position.

Winner by sub Napao Gonzaga. Cool cheers
    GWillz
    GWillz
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Open Weight Tourtument Second round Empty Re: Open Weight Tourtument Second round

Post  GWillz Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm

I've gotta go with Cain on this one by UD.

I reckon he will just slam Gonzaga all over the cage to take an UD!!

Some interesting fights coming up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:52 pm

CAin to win this by TKO in the first with brutal GnP
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Napao via head kick (decapitation) rd 1.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Cain 1st round TKO via ground and pound
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Gonzaga 1st round Sub, I reckon this is one time he wouldnt choke on the big stage, Cain would get hurt by Gonzaga's kicks and bull into Takedowns were he would find Gonzaga was too big and has too high a level of BJJ.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Cain for me, by TKO 3rd.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:01 pm

I think Cain GNP's Gonzaga for a round,while easily avoiding any sub attempts,then carries on the second exactly the same but finishes Gonzaga at the end of the second when the ref pulls Cain off him after Cain has him stacked up against the cage and delivers a flurry of 10-15 unanswered punches.

Cain 2nd rd TKO
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:11 pm

If Gonzaga beats JDS I reckon were going to see this fight. I think stylewise it would make for great viewing. Ive never lost faith in Gonzaga, even when he looked shite against Couture and flopped against Werdum. Im still convinced he has what it takes to be a title challenger.... loosing to JDS will be a real setback though
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:03 am

I can't see Gonzaga beating JDS personally,I'm not saying that he doesn't have the skills because he obviously does,I think with JDS training full time with the Nogs and the rest of the team and with and the fact he has been brought up through the Brazilian ranks and has seen many a fighter with a similar game to Gonzaga,he will be better prepared for Gonzagas game than Gonzaga will be for his,afterall you can work on sub defence andf positioning but you can't train your chin not to turn the lights out when it gets clipped.
    I think JDS's purple belt will be enough to get him out of trouble but I don't think Gonzaga is going to handle the punching power of JDS.

In the UFC so far JDS has finished Struve and Werdum,both of whom have good ground games,both in the 1st rd without any problems,where as Gonzaga has been finished by lesser punchers than JDS,to be honest who has Gonzaga actually beat,just Cro-cop I think.(though he did it far more impressively than JDS did).

This will tell us if he is just a gatekeeper for the UFC or not because this will be his 4th top UFC fighter he has faced and so far he hasn't made the grade and is 0-3 against them.Randy,Werdum and Carwin.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:43 am

Fuck crazy to think that. I still think he had the Werdum fight won and the Carwin fight could have gone either way, two 265ers dropped each other. Records arent the whole story but a 0-4 youve a long long way back to the top... Couture schooled him though no excuse there. I think that was the most impressive performance of Randys career. I think he has been downhill since there in his latest comeback.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:12 am

"Couture schooled him though no excuse there."

Cough...... Headbutt......cough.......Broken nose......cough......cant breath.

Wink

Although im not sure it would have made a difference, but it still went along way in deciding the faith of that fight. GG was also actually dominating Carwin in that fight. And i think Werdum must have a mental hold on GG or something because i was sure he was going to beat him.

IMO, if JDS beats GG, then this will be his biggest win of his career. The winner should definatly fight Cain next.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Gotta be Cain by TKO, probably in the 1st or 2nd. Don't think GG has great stand-up (although it is good, don't get me wrong) but Cain is improving leaps and bounds each time we see him, and also unleashed a few kicks on Nog before putting him away.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 pm

gonzaga sub rd 3 Smile
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Open Weight Tourtument Second round Empty reply

Post  Raiden Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:21 pm

I like both fighters a lot, but I think there's something extra special about Cain.

Cain by TKO in Round 2.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu May 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Yeah I change my vote, Gonzaga isnt winning this one unless he gets a brain transplant. Laughing

Someone call this fight, i would do it but i suck at them. Embarassed
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Shit I've forgot about this, sorry guys Embarassed

OW tourtument 2nd round 1st fight: Velasquez vs Gonzaga

Velasquez is coming off a KO win over Nog. Gonzaga is coming off a KO loss to JDS.

Round 1

Steve Mazzaghati brings them to the centre of the cage and they touch gloves. Here we go.
    They come out, inside leg kick by Gonzaga. Gonzaga trying to establish some distance but Velasquez shoots in and gets him down. Gonzaga scrambles, works his way up but Velasquez pushes him up against the cage. Velasquez picks him and SLAMS Gonzaga down. Velasquez dropping BOMBs. Gonzaga covers up but Velasquez is still landing shots from side mount. Mazzaghati warns Velasquez about shots to the back of the head. Good scrambling by Gonzaga to back up. High kick from Gonzaga is caught from Velasquez and Gonzaga gets taken down again. Thats the end of the round.

Easy 10-9 round for Cain Velasquez, takedowns and GnP won him the round.

Round 2

They come out, big leg kick by Gonzaga. Cain is limping a little from that one, it was powerful kick. Nice combo by Gonzaga on the feet. Nice knee to the body know, Gonzaga finding some rythm. Gonzaga looks for another kick but Cain catches it and down goes Gonzaga. No takedown defence whatsover from Gonzaga thus far. Cain not doing much from his gaurd. Gonzaga looking for a Kimura, he has the arm but Velasquez rolls through. Cain stands back up. Gonzaga stalking Cain but he leaves himself open and Cain graps a hold of him. BIG SLAM by Cain, owww Gonzaga landed on his head/neck there and Velasquez is pounding away. Good defence from Gonzaga though and he gets Velasquez back to gaurd. Round 2 is in the books but that was close to being finished.

Gonzaga was winning that till he got careless with his kicks and Velasquez really made him pay. The story so far? Velasquez has taken his oppurtunities, Gonzaga has not. 20-18 Velasquez.

Round 3

Velasquez with a leg kick to start. Nice counter punch from Velasqeuz. Leg kick by Cain followed a an exchange won by Cain. Left by Gonzaga as Cain throws a head kick. Leg kick by Cain. Big exchange won by Cain. Leg kick by Cain. Good combo by Cain. Excellent striking from Cain. Gozaga trying to work the jab. Body shot by Cain and then just misses with the knee. Big left hook by Cain. Big right hand DROPS GONZAGA. CAIN POUNCES ON HIM. GONZAGA IS OUT!

Official Decision: Cain Velasquez by KO at 3:37 in Round 3

Cain says Gonzaga is a tough fighter but he trained hard and he knows he will win this tourtuemnt. Cain wants Carwin next.

Velasquez advanaces to round 3 cheers

Gonzaga is out Crying or Very sad
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue May 18, 2010 12:15 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:OW tourtument 2nd round 2nd fight: Shane Carwin vs Thiago Silva

Carwin is coming off a 1st round KO win over Mir, Silva is coming of a UD loss to Rashad Evans.

Round 1

The refferee for this one is Mario Yamasaki. He brings them to centre to read instructions and they touch gloves. HERE WE GO! They come out, leg kick immediatley from Silva. He is trying to find some distance. Silva with another leg kick but Carwin catches him with a right and DROPS Silva, CARWIN WITH HUGE BOMBS ON THE GROUND, SILVA IS OUT COLD! Yamasaki jumps into save Silva and this one is over.

Official Decision: Shane Carwin by KO at 0:47 in Round 1

Carwin thanks his team and Silva for fighting him. He says he is improving everyday and would love to fight Velasquez. Speak of the devil, Velasquez enters the cage. He shakes hands with Carwin and says he would love to get this together. They stare down and it looks like this fight will be made in the next round!

Shane Carwin advances to round 3 cheers

Silva is (KTF) out Crying or Very sad
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Fuck, I have to call this against my favourite fighter. Damn you guys Evil or Very Mad

Ok here we go

Herb Dean is the ref for this one. Both fighters meet in the middle of the octagon for instructions. They touch gloves and go back to there corners. We are about to begin.

Round 1

They come out, both tentive. Jab by Silva. Leg Kick by GSP. Nothing happening now. Leg kick by Silva is caught and GSP takes Silva down. GSP in Silva's gaurd right now. He tries to pass to half gaurd but Silva scrambles well. Some punches from the top by GSP. SIlva scrambles and gets up. They sererate. Jab By Silva. Excellent head movement from Silva as he avoids the punches from GSP but GSP shoots and gets another takedown. He is in side control now. GSP with some hammerfists. Looking for an armbar but Silva is escapes and thats the end of the round.

10-9 GSP, he scored with the takedown and the GnP he did. Silva didn't do much but he has defended well thus far.

Round 2

They come out and meet in the centre. Leg kick by Silva. Silva evades a right hand from GSP and connects with a left. He rocks with a combo. GSP is a little groggy, Silva rushes in but GSP takes him down. Silva was sloppy there. GSP postures up and lands some good punches. Silva pushes him off but GSP is still standing over him. Silva's lip is bleeding. GSP looking for a kneebar. It looks tight and Silva looks like he is in some pain but he rolls through and escapes. He is limping slightly on that leg and GSP can see it. He shoots Silva stuffs well. Hard leg kick by GSP on the injured left leg of Silva. Round ends. Silva is breathing heavily as he walks back to his corner.

20-18 GSP, I just gave him that round based on the GnP he did and for the submission attempt. Close round though.

Round 3

Silva comes out a little bit more aggresilvely. Leg kick by Silva followed by jab. GSP grabs a single and pushes him to the fence. Silva is really breahing heavily now. GSP with some dirty boxing. OOOOH, nasty elbow by Silva. Some big shots landed by SIlva. GSP gets the takedown but he is bleeding heavily. Heis cut badly. Dean stops the action and this could be over, GSP is being checked out by a doctor. He wipes the blood off and HOLY SHIT, that is one hell of a cut. Worst than Sanchez, worse than Eastman. This fight is over.

Winner by TKO (cut) in 2:37 of round 3 Anderson Silva.

That is come cut, brutal elbow from Silva.

Silva advnaces to the next round Evil or Very Mad

GSP is eliminated Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:16 pm