THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Nog Saprring ahead of UFC 110

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog Saprring ahead of UFC 110 Empty Nog Saprring ahead of UFC 110

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 pm

http://mmabay.co.uk/Video%2010082.html

Outstanding, Anyone who has boxed a bit would appreciate his hands, he has his hands ready to slip and parry every shot his parner throws, Cain can look a little predictable on the feet, I can seriously see Nog schooling Cain on the feet because of the chin differences and his new improved punch power. Anyone notice the size of them becide each other, Nogs arms looked bigger! He is in good shape now. If Im half temped to stick a bet of TKO in the Bookies! Laughing I bet It get great odds....

Also anybody on here who grapples much tell me this... at 3:32 of he does a move that if he rolled into a mount insted of half guard in Thaijutsu it was called a "Ricebail" I actually used it in grappling a few times and it worked, maby it was because its at was a bunch of us amatures mucking about in a gym! but is it from abother Martial art? I think is Judo? Didnt really dont enough Judo to pick up names! But you rarely see it in MMA....

Also was just thinking 8 mins of sparring, its so funny to think Kimbo and Houston and even Gracie last UFC looked like they had just finished an Ironman triathalon after half the time! Laughing

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nog Saprring ahead of UFC 110 Empty Re: Nog Saprring ahead of UFC 110

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 pm

He looks fantatstic, which is excellent to see. Im really excited for this fight, this could be one of the best HW fights this year. His boxing looks crisp, he looks bigger than ever and his conditioning as always looks great. Nog has always had good conditioning but now he is training like an athlete its at an all time high. Litterly I have no idea whats going to happen, I flipped a coin for the predictions. I want Nog to win though, I still feel like he can be a force in the sport and the division and I can see him defeating both Mir and Lesnar. Its not an easy thing but I can see him doing it. I think im going to change my prediction to Nog because I just respect him so much.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Id love to see Nog as UFC Hw champ, I think he can beat Mir, Ive always worried how he would cope with Lesnar though it would be the ultimate underdog win for him. ALways hope for the old veteran as oppose to the young up and commer for some reason! Its not nice seeing legends loose! I was gutted when Mir beat him...

Nog has had his scares in his UFC career, Herring dropped him even Syliva battered him... I was worried his career was winding down before the Couture win. He really looks to have stepped up his training and is re-inventing himself like Mir is... only not with Horsemeat! A win here and the only possible fights would be Mir/Carwin or Brock, all are fights it love to see.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 pm

nog is looking sharp i think hes going to beat velasquez
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:22 pm

The thing I don't like is if Nog looses, people will jump on him saying he is past it and then it becomes a UFC vs Pride thing. UFC fanboys will say how this is overated and that is not what he used to be and the Pride guys will say he is past it, some crap about the cage and he would beat him in his prime.

If Nog wins, he beats one of the biggest prospects in the HW division, if he looses, he looses to one of the biggest prospects in the HW division. Its as simple as that really.

I actually always prefer the up and comer, especially if its someone as talented as Cain but I just love Nog too much, so I have to support him. Ive been supporting him for a long time now, I don't think he has gone into a fight with me hoping he looses.

Lesnar is a tough fight for anyone at HW right now, there isn't a fighter he couldn't POTENTIOLLY beat but I could see Nog capitalising on a mistake from Lesnar's belhaf and submitting. I think it has to be a leg though, Is Lesnar's neck too big too guillotine?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Nog does look in better shape physically, but i think Cain is just better than him in that department, Cain trains and fight like a welter weight. I dont think any other HW is as intense as him. I think Cain takes this fight provided that he doesnt get caught in the submission.

I wouldnt put alot of money on Nog winning by KO for this one to be honest, i dont know whats going to happen in the stand up but i dont think Nogs striking is good enough to trouble Cain much. And if he does Cain is smart enough to recover quickly like he did to Kongo.

I have Cain by UD, i think this will be fight of the year candidate. Cant wait for saturday. bounce
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Depends how bad he looks if he looses, if he gets dominated maby he done as a top contender who knows, Im a Nog fan and Pride fan and Ill admit that. I think if Wandy, Crocop or Nog loose there days at a Title contender are done... me an a few of the other Pride "fanboys" are going to take some stick if they all loose! If they all loose Ill hold my hands up and say everything Dana White ever said was right all along! Laughing

If Cain wins he has could have a title shot, If he doesnt get a title shot he will get the winner of Gonjaga vs JDS and that would be a great fight! It would be an easy Buildup for JDS vs Cain if he beat Nog!

I wonder what Cain and Nog are going to weight in at? Is Cain going to be heavier?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Nog is about 240 and Cain is 245(ish) i think. There stats say that Nog is 6'3 and Cain is 6'1.

But when they stood beside each other i could swear they were the same height, or at most half an inch in Nogs favours. Question
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 pm

I don't think Nog can KO Velasquez, I think Ben is overestimating or underestimating the effects of Kongo's punches but I do think Nog is the better striker. Probably a little bit more power and technichally much better, Velasquez leaves himself open to a lot of shots standing as well. He needs to sort that out. I don't think he has in time.

Cain trains and fight like a welter weight. I dont think any other HW is as intense as him

I think there is one HW who trains harder...

Nog Saprring ahead of UFC 110 BrockLesnar

Don't think anyone trains harder than him period, possibly Sherk.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 pm

I think out of the three, Nog needs the win the least by far. Cro Cop desperatley needs the win for his career right now. If he looses, I really would think about putting him lower than the third best HW ever, still top 5 but I don't think he would be top 3 anymore.
    He won't lose though, he will batter Rothwell hopefully (man I hate that guy) and keep his career going. I don't think he can be a real title contender anymore but he could still be close to that. Nog vs Cro Cop II is a real possibility in the future as well.

I think in all fairness Ben, you stay pretty balanced to both sides. Obviously your a big Pride fan and you have heart over head bias towards your favourite (this coming from me! Laughing ) but I think you might be the most balanced guy in the forum when it comes to Pride vs UFC.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Brock carrying Trees! Shocked thats the type of thing that makes me fear for Nog against him, they look weight calsses apart!

I think Kongo didnt caplitalise on Cain being rocked multiple times, Nog will dive on him, he will want to take it to the ground and If he drops Cain I think he will pound him out or Sub him... more likely Sub him but all the same I could see him TKOing Cain, I know its a crazy prediciton I dont expect it, I though it would be make a good bet because im sure the bookies see it as very likely with Nogs KO record! Laughing

Buildup is on MMA live on ESPN now by the way.

And yeah I am wildly Bios, In my head Nog vs Cain is prety much 50/50 If Nog hasnt really improved like I think he has, Mirko is only 60/40 at most to Rothwell if he isnt improved... Rothwell raelly is shit come on.... I know in my head what the chances are! I guess Im an Optimist... And a wildly Bios Wanderlei Silva fan cause Bisping is getting Knocked the fuck out come saturday! Laughing Nog Saprring ahead of UFC 110 Chief58-InsideTheOctagonWanderleiSilva278
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 pm

I guess Im an Optimist... And a wildly Bios Wanderlei Silva fan cause Bisping is getting Knocked the fuck out come saturday!

99% of the MMA world agrees and pray with you there.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:00 am

i will be cheering for all 3 "PRIDE guys". and i can't really explain it that well, i guess that means i am biased?

its just that i prefer them all as fighters to their opponents.

and that seems to always be the case with the ex-pride fighters with the exception of Kang, i was cheering for Mike in that fight (sorry guys).

though i do have other favourite fighters such as Hughes and Frank Shamrock, my top favourites are Crocop, Gomi and Saku in that order.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 am

by the way, you know that vid is from brock's wwe days right.

when he WASN'T a competitive athlete affraid
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 am

No because im cheering for all 3 Pride guys as well, and for this forums standards im considered more of a UFC fanboy!

Its nothing to do with Pride vs UFC for this one, Im going with Nog because he is my favoutite HW and the fighter I respect the most, Im going with Cro Cop because I don't want his career to end up like that (and I fucking hate Rothwell) and Im going with Wandy because well... He is Wandy.

I think your pretty down the middle for the most part but definitley more towards the PRide side than the majority of the forum.

I didn't even know that was Lesnar during the WWE days till after I watched it fully. He does deserve credit for looking the way he does.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 am

I have been looking up some Brock WWE stuff recently, i stopped watching wrestling a long time ago, my last recollection was Undertaker fighting with Giant Gonzalez at wrestlemania 12 or something. I must say Brock certainly made a huge impression in the WWE in such a short period of time.

Brock is a freak he doesnt count Chelsea, as being the most intense Razz

Undertaker has changed so much, is he actually into MMA, he now does the triangle choke and even the gogaplata affraid

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 am

I've liked wrestling for many years, i disliked the way Lesnar became an immediate main-eventer because of his look and size when far more talented people had been working hard for years and were passed over. I think a lot of wrestling fans felt the same, hence he wasn't given a very nice goodbye when he left.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:39 am

To be fair to him he pulled it off and the booking for his rise was flawless. He is better than most of the guys they have main eventing now, Cena, Batista, Shemus ect.

I think he wasn't given a nice goodbye because he was leaving the business, same with Goldberg.

Your avatar is absolute gold BTW Laughing
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 am

Your Avatar is way too big Chelsea, we cant see half your posts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:11 pm