THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
George_Louis_Costanza@who
TomHughes1983
Paolo_73
rudeboyben84
Albion_Oakley
Moose Stuff For Money...
sunthunder
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
13 posters

KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute. Empty KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute.

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Danas 2 twitter updates today:

"Karo Parisyan has fucked over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!"

"Pulled out of the fight the day before weigh ins again with a laundry list of excuses!!! Let the press ask karo why! Let him explain."

apparently he is injured and can hardly walk, but it was very short notice. Do we think he deserved to be cut? (i dont)

do we want to see him in Strikeforce or DREAM (no testing)?

Karo vs Whitemare!! bounce
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute. Empty Re: KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute.

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Probably deserved to be cut i feel ,he is probably juicing AGAIN.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute. Empty Re: KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute.

Post  sunthunder Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Nitpick, but he was done for pain killers, not steroids. I think there's a bit of a distinction.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:25 am

From Cagepotato...

Dustin Hazelett, MMA Weekly presents one explanation:
    Karo “The Heat” Parisyan is out of UFC 106 after failing to acquire a license in Nevada, according to Parisyan, due to not having the money to pay his fine from previously being suspended after testing positive for a three different pain killers following his UFC 94 bout with Kim Dong-hyun.

“There’s a lot of problems going on. They won’t re-license me unless I (expletive) pay them,” Parisyan told MMAWeekly.com. “I had to pay the $32,000 fine in order to fight. I never paid because I never had the money. I don’t know if I’ll be able to come back...Everything is over bro. I’m just going to go home. Everything is fucked up. I’ve got to think about what I’m going to do for my career. I’ve got to think about what I want to do as far as fighting goes.”

However, Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer's side of the story is quite a bit different. As he told Sherdog:
    ...Parisyan had already been fully licensed last January and was cleared to fight this Saturday. Kizer said Parisyan had not been required to take a pre-fight drug test for the painkillers he had been flagged for in January, as they would be tested the night of the bout.

Parisyan had contacted Kizer a few weeks ago to discuss a “nagging, lingering injury,” Kizer said, and asked what proper medications he could take prior to the bout. Kizer said he instructed Parisyan that Tylenol and icing was the safest method, but encouraged the fighter to have his physician send in a letter stating his injuries and what medications he was taking for it, so the NSAC doctor could work with him.

Kizer spoke again with Parisyan within the last week to discuss a payment plan for the $32,000 fine the fighter had previously accrued. Kizer said that NSAC Chairman Pat Lundvall had agreed to disperse payment for the fine out of the fighter's show and win purse for this weekend.

“We knew (Parisyan) was having some financial difficulties and wanted to try and help him,” Kizer told Sherdog.com. It was agreed that $16,000 would be deducted from each purse and in the case of a loss, Parisyan would make further arrangements to settle up the remaining balance. Kizer said Parisyan seemed pleased with the arrangement.

http://www.cagepotato.com/breaking-karo-parisyan-slapped-lifetime-ufc-ban-after-pulling-out-hazelett-fight
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:26 am

If there were any problems then Karo should have got them sorted out by now, I think the UFC's response is fair enough.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:12 am

If Karo has been cut due to painkiller addiction , the UFC should pay to send him through rehab. Even WWE do this.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:34 am

Bad loss for UFC Karo is a great fighter, I wonder what his list of excuses was? Was really looking forward to seeing him again. Im sure he will fight again soon elsewhere. Strikeforce could do with Strengthening the Ww devision
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:04 am

Weird guy, no great loss. Never found him exciting as a fighter and he clearly has personal demons that he'd be better off fighting at home before he starts to think about a comeback.....

Typically brash and childlike message from Dana though.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:36 am

Dana really doesn't seem to think before he speaks most of the time. His mouth burns an awful lot of bridges that his mind wants to keep and then he feels that he can't go back and apologise. I have to agree Albion_Oakley, if Karo really is having problems with pain killers then the UFC would do a lot of good by paying for him to go through rehab. The sport does not need another Mark Kerr.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Karo vs Diaz 2 in Strikeforce would work for me. Im sure Diaz would be keen to avenge a Sd loss.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:21 pm

TomHughes1983 wrote:Dana really doesn't seem to think before he speaks most of the time. His mouth burns an awful lot of bridges that his mind wants to keep and then he feels that he can't go back and apologise. I have to agree Albion_Oakley, if Karo really is having problems with pain killers then the UFC would do a lot of good by paying for him to go through rehab. The sport does not need another Mark Kerr.

Or the sleazy image boxing has for fighters being treated badly and ending up damaged. And if Karo has mental health issues the UFC should be bending over backwards to support him through it. It's not 1950 and the UFC is a billion dollar company built on the backs of guys like Karo Parysian.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Karo's done. Hasn't won in 2yrs and clearly isn't comfortable in the cage any more.

Pulling out of fights and self medicating to fight crippling anxiety? Not the best recipe for a fighter... Hardcore painkillers and a panic attack in the octagon and we'll have the first heart attack live on TV.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:04 pm

This isn't the 1st time Karo has done this so it isn't a shocker.....

Karo has him self to blame pulling out 2 days before an already injury card isn't going to endear him to anyone.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute. Empty KARO Parysian cut from the UFC at the last minute.

Post  TomHughes1983 Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:38 pm

@George_Louis_Costanza

Completely off the topic but that is a beautiful avatar! When the heck did Akiyama turn up to a press conference dressed like that?
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:50 pm

TomHughes1983 wrote:@George_Louis_Costanza

Completely off the topic but that is a beautiful avatar! When the heck did Akiyama turn up to a press conference dressed like that?

It was an Hero's event not sure which one you should see the Orange coat he wore before the Kang fight that was fabulous !
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:43 pm

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:33 pm

I liked Karo, and think it's a shame. Anyone else getting the feels The UFC is really struggling at the moment???

This weekends card isn't the strongest and can't say I'm really excited about any bouts coming up, well sept for PennVSanchez =D
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:09 pm

You never know how the card will turn out, I always say Big stars dont guarentee good fights People complained UFC 105 was a weak card and it turned out to be a great show.

Its a real shame about Karo and even bigger shame UFC wouldnt help the guy out. I read an interview with his training partner and friend who reminded us Karo has a problem and needed help... UFC didnt exactly help him. If he fought and came out Goilty in the Piss test would that have been better? Its only Pain Killers, UFC seem to be able to Turn a bolind eye and forgive blatant Roid use but they cant cut Karo a break for painkillers. Karos mate pointed out he was top 5 for 3 years in a row not so long ago.

Im really disapointed by UFC on this one, really shows they treat their employees like shit. Imk a big fan of Karo I really like Judo guys as a style, Karo has pulled out some really cool Judo throws in his time and been in a few wars. I wish him the best and Fuck UFC, if they dont want him im sure he wont go unemployed for long!
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Karo is one of those fighters i just never warmed to, so good riddance from me. Plus, all this addiction bleating, he is a grown man, the ufc isnt his fuckin mummy, needs to get his shit sorted, dont see why the ufc need to do that for him
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 am

The UFC is responsible if he's under contract to them.

Another stupid move by Dana, he's lost another great fighter. Hope Karo lands in Strikeforce. When he's on top of his game and in the right frame of mind he's a top 5 WW.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:30 am

Because fighting then training, fighting then training is what gets you hooked on painkillers. You wouldn't expect loiverpool too drop gerard if he was popping valium would you ?
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:08 pm

think you will find a lot of clubs drop players quick smart once they have a drug problem, and in chelseas case they went after mutu for their money as well, gerard may well be an exception, but only coz of what he is worth, karo aint in that league tho is he!

and i cant believe the ufc would be so dumb to not have a 'drug' clause within the contract

this is why society is goin down the pan, every fuck up an individual makes they never have to take responsibility for it, they just go cryin "its not fair and oooh the pressure of it all and my mummy didnt buy me new shoes and now i got these issues so it cant be my fault" !!

fuck off, grow up and be a fully grown man/woman!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Are you actually trying to compare Cocaine addiction to a painkiller addiction??????

Recreational drugs taken for a high as opposed to medication taken to combat the pain caused by injuries incurred whilst under contract to the UFC and meds taken to combat Anxiety which is a form of depression and is a major cause of suicide.

You're the one that needs to grow up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:40 pm