THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
kavik2
Anfields5thKing
Once Mohawked Pete
7 posters

TUF 17 (I think)

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

TUF 17 (I think) Empty TUF 17 (I think)

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Anybody been watching this ?, To be honest this season has been excellent so far the fights have been great both coaches have come across well especially Sonnen. It seems they have ditched the whole Man Drama format and actually concentrated on the fact they are genuine top level athletes (Gasp !).

Last nights fights were brilliant this has been easily the best TUF for a long time It's certainly worth catching up with.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

TUF 17 (I think) Empty Re: TUF 17 (I think)

Post  Ginginho Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Totally agree - Sonnen has surprised me in that he hasn't trolled JBJ as much as I thought he would. But most of the fights have been pretty good and of course there is a kiwi for me to support

C'mon the Villain!!!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:09 am

I've been enjoying it thoroughly. Far better now that the focus is on training and fights. Never used to find the whole 'drama in the house' thing that appealing. They seem to have a fairly well balanced bunch this time, although (and no spoilers here, just in case), found the 2nd of the two fights this week, really frustrating. Couple of future stars on this series as well methinks.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

I agree on the 2nd fight.
    Spoiler:
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:06 pm

It has been a great series,good fights,good training and good banter without the silly in house bullshit.

Sonnen and Jones are doing a good job coaching and the talent of the fighters this season is higher than it's been for a long time.

What's not to like about this season.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Sonnen comes across brilliantly. Great coach as well but that's only natural considering the camp he comes from.

Jones comes across as expected, no personality, little idea about coaching and overly cocky about his fighters.

I'm expecting an all-Sonnen final.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I've been enjoying it thoroughly. Far better now that the focus is on training and fights. Never used to find the whole 'drama in the house' thing that appealing. They seem to have a fairly well balanced bunch this time, although (and no spoilers here, just in case), found the 2nd of the two fights this week, really frustrating. Couple of future stars on this series as well methinks.

Luke's stand up looks really poor - he has the reach but everyone seemed happy enough to walk through his punches they just seemed to be thrown as a distraction and not too cause any damage - I was frustrated with the way he went out and in the interview after he was saying hopefully I will get a good fight at the event and I can make a big impression
    (it sounded very much like he was happy to avoid the final, and can instead impress against a lesser fighter and then get in the UFC that way)
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Yeah Kavik, was completely underwhelmed by the Brit. His stand up was poor and his TDD almost non existent, but for me, it was the complete lack of heart, it was almost as if, he didn't want to be there.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Do you think Dana will end up with the finale he wants? I can't really see any other conclusion TBH...
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm

you'd have to think so,Dana had to do it that way,it would of been a waste for me to have that as a semi fight and not a potential finale match up.

Also,I'm a proud dad at the moment,my boy came 2nd in a NC state wrestling tournament cheers

In his four matches,he went 3-1,pinning all 3 in his wins,including a lad that beat him a couple of months ago,He got pinned by the eventual winner in the 3rd rd.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Congrats Payne on your lads success I still can't they have removed Wrestling from the Olympics.....Still.....Forest will remain in The Championship next season though. Laughing

Back on to TUF I really hope KG knocks Samman out the way he has ducked Hall and campaigned for easy fights has been aggravating to watch I do think we will see a KG Hall Final.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Thanks

Lets hope you'll be there too Wink

I'll just be happy if we can just stay in the play off places,then who knows.
    Lets put it this way,i'd never imagined us at having a chance,8 games ago.Very Happy

Hall's a beast,but Sammon,even though I agree,he's been annoying campaigning for the easier fights from the start,doe's look like the clear 2nd best fighter on the show.

Even better,now he lost again,I won a 6 pack off my mate,who stupidly bet me that Bubba would win the whole show Laughing
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:42 am

Congrats on your boys success - future MMA star if the Olympics don't readmit wrestling??

The funniest thing about Bubba was how proud he was at breaking the will of Kevin Casey and then gets all chicken when he has to fight Hall!!!

I don't like Sammon at all but he is a pretty good fighter and yeah, Dana had to do it that way to give that finale a chance BUT it would be great to see upsets in the semis.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 am

Congrats on your kid doing so well Payne. Remind him that even though wrestling has been removed from the Olympics, Judo is still a key Olympic sport and a far more disciplined and rewarding sport!! And if he has any doubts just show him a picture of Ronda and tell him that there's plenty of girls like her getting into the sport now. No good looking female wrestlers!

Uriah Hall is a terrifying man. He finishes people. There's no messing about with him, no talk of "was it a premature stoppage" and no tapping to strikes which I find a bit embarrassing, he puts people to sleep and has them asking what happened when they wake up. Bubba was fucked up, as was that kid he KO'd in the last round. The Kiwi is going to sleep, then Sammon is going to get his ass kicked.

Sammon should beat Kelvin, who i think needs to go to 170 anyway.

Dana picked the right semi's IMO. I'd have preferred to have had an all-Sonnen final which I think there would have been in it had been Uriah-Sammon in the semi's, but this way the two best fighters should meet in the final.

Just on the topic of Forrest, Billy Davies has done a ridiculously good job.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I've been looking at some Judo and jiujitsu clubs for them,I'd love them to give it a go.
    The boy absolutely loves his wrestling,plus he's got a couple of cute girls in his class that i wind him up about,but I wouldn't mind both my son and daughter dropping karate,and finding a more competitive,physical thing to do,be it a team sport or individual,but they both like it and have been there 5 + years,so I have to but out.
    Also where we live,good clubs are expensive and everything is so far away,Greensboro,Raleigh,Durham are all 45+ miles away.

So proud of Billy and the boys,hopefully we'll sneak up this year but if not,we should give autos a good run next season.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 am

So, Josh gets choked out by Kelvin and Dylan gets his ass kicked by Uriah and I get my all-Sonnen final! Rightly so. Sonnen was the far better coach whereas Jones was awkward, unknowing and downright stupid. His advice to Bubba against Uriah was "go forward and pressure". Bubba got knocked the fuck out. Then Dylan, nowhere near the striker Bubba is, fights Uriah and his advice is "go forward and pressure". What an idiot. And that speech before the Dylan-Uriah fight was embarrassing.

Sonnen won in bowling, the coaches challenge and by getting his two fighters to the finale.

4 more for the bad guys.

Uriah's going to wreck Kelvin in the finale.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:25 pm

A big hole in Uriah's game was exposed by Gastellum. Unless he greatly improves his wrestling defense, he is going to struggle against a lot of guys.

I actually still thought he should have been given the decision (he won the last round by virtue of damage). But against say, Yushin Okami, he would just get smothered.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:38 pm

I was hoping, that he would have worked on that area of his game, as I think that this was exposed a bit in the semis. No getting away from Gastelum's performance though, last pick, and never a favourite in any fight. Worthy winner (I personally had it 29-28 Gastelum), and only 21!!!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 pm

It's pretty obvious Hall has a lot of self doubt issues he just didn't seem comfortable against KG who's constant aggression and pressure won him the fight as Hall seem to struggle. Maybe It was the occasion and the fact he was an overwhelming favorite in the fight to me I feel he choked not taking anything away from KG though I thought he sealed the decision with that last minute take down.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 am