THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Strikeforce matchups

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Strikeforce matchups Empty Strikeforce matchups

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm

After Strikeforce what matchups do you think or hope we will see. Remember Dream fighers could well be available and Aoki is rumoured to be coming to Strikeforce!

I think were going to see Bigfoot vs Rogers, Rogers has slipped a few places and is perhaps off the top 10 list replaced by Werdum, Bigfoot has always been a solid top 15 and could well have finished Werdum or pushed the pace and won. IT was a round a each but in round 2 Bigfoot floored Werdum and still managed to win the round. Both are Huge Heavys with KO power and guarenteed to end in a KO!

Having said that Id love to see Sefo fight one of them, they both like to Stand and Sefo would really test if they can!
    -------------------------------------------------------

Jake Shields vs Jacare, Im dieing to see someone beat him, he is such a boring figher, and I think if he wants to play the groundgame with someone Jacare is the man to beat him at it. Obviously Jacare has to get passed Lindland

Fedor vs Overeem, Id rather see Werdum fight Overeem to decide who gets Fedor but to be honest Fedor vs Overeem appeals to me more and I think It makes more sence as technically Overeem is still the champ.

Ive said before Id like to see Whitemare fight Diaz, I think this would be fight of the year. And the winner could be WW champ as I dont think Strikeforce currently have one.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce matchups Empty Re: Strikeforce matchups

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:08 pm

i dont know if Rogers should be dropped from the top 10, i was fairly impressed that he didnt get Zulu'd and he has shown he has at least some ground game.
    i agree bigfoot/rogers would be a likely fight, i thought bigfoot lost 2 of the rounds though, Werdum is a great fighter, if not Overroid or Barroidnet, than Werdum to fight Fedor.

I also think you are being a bit Harsh on Shields. the finished 8 straight opponents, 6 in the first round before fighting Mayhem, i am a fan of his style. cheers

i am on the whitemare bandwagon well and truly, i would love to see him ktfo diaz with a headkick (who i dont like)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Eh Never liked Shields I think after 25mins of dryhumping I was pissed off, he had the chance to sink in a few cool subs and didnt. I think my main problem is that he has 0 standup and strikes like a girl even from top postition on the ground... I really think Jacare will turn him inside out on the ground when he gets his chance. It should have been him getting the shot over Miller anyway.

Rogers inst top 10 any more for me becuase I think Werdum has to go in to the top 10 and its between him and Overeem for who goes out... He did just loose 2nd round KO after all. I think Rogers is perhaps 11th now.. Antonio Silva top 15. Its a fight I want to see, Bigfoot needs to sort his head or Cardio out, whatever made him so hesitant in that fight, It looked like he could have beat Werdum but he but on a good show and gave a then fellow top 15er a 50/50 fight. I think Knocking a guy down and then loosing the round is a bit harsd. Id have liked to see a draw, I dont think Knockdowns count enough in MMA scoring.

Whitemare vs Diaz for fight of the year. They are possibly the two most exciting fighters in MMA, Although it might have to happen in Japan with Diaz' Smoking.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:00 pm

I really hope Fedor doesnt fight Werdum next. I want to see Fedor fight Barnett or Overeem next. Werdum-Fedor would not appeal to me at all.

Now that Rogers fight is over whos left for Fedor? just Overeem/Barnet/Werdum. 2 of those guys probably still cant fight in US so that could in japan. Antonio Silva after loosing to a guy outside top 10 doesnt deserve to fight Fedor in near future. He wont fight his brother of course...

Hendo? highly unlikely
    Arlovski? Hell No
    Sylvia? lol!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Overeem will be cleared to fight in the US, I think he is cycling off because his weight gain looks to have stopped, he even looks to have lost a little, I think Overeem will manage his Vitiman intake better and get the all clear to fight in the US. The Fedor fight is a cert because he said he will defend his strikeforce Title at the start of Next year.

With a Broken hand Fedor wont be free to fight Werdum before then, I very much Doubt it will happen.

So Who for Werdum then? Strikeforce is rumoured to have signed two new top tier heavsy... Barnett vs Werdum would work for me. Maby Arlovski will be one of them and we could see them rematch? I dont know who they have signed but im dieing to know. Monson? Rizzo? Sylvia? Who else is there really? Sergi is well overdue a fight? Maby him? Aleks E. deffo wont be signed because I believe he cant fight in the US
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:33 pm

I think Arlovski and Monson are 2 signings. Sylvia maybe instead of Monson? I definatly think Arlovski is one of them. They definatly should not be going anywhere near Barnett until his license hearing (not like ufc are chasing after him).
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:27 pm

I think Strikeforce are after Kharitonov, which I'm all for. One of the most entertaining fighters in the sport. Coker's mentioned him several times, and Sergei is rumoured to have trimmed down to 230lbs for his rumoured K-1 bout on December 5th. I hope he really is back in shape, he's got a lot of raw potential but he should never weigh 250+ like he did against Monson.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm