THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
paul815
Shanemc
wilksdaman
Paddyjock
manschesthair_utd
Hank Scorpio
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
12 posters

my ramblings...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

my ramblings... Empty my ramblings...

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Alright guys 1st of all just posting to say I became a Dad this morning! Baby Boy 8.2 and a half oz.... So im not going to get to updated the callendar till tonight cause im off back to the hospital shortly...

Anyway Wanderleis swelling to his face has gone down and he looks back to Normal, here are pictures from Fighters only taken 6 days ago

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2913

Apparently Nick Diaz and Marcus Davis also had the same suregery. It is to remove scar tissue and make the skin more elastic to stop cuts. Also he has had surgery to his nose as he couldnt breath right through it. Maby this partly explains his lack of Cardio against Rich? Hope we see him come back stronger than ever next year
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few rumoured UFC 105 fights Ross Pearson is in talks to face Aaron Riley and James Wilks vs Matt Brown also is in talks as well as the already rumoured DaMarques Johnson vs Peter Sobotta....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle Bradley is injured so its Phillipe Nover vs Sam Stout at fight night 19
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Athletic comission has aproved Video replays, this means no more wins via Eyestrike!! Surely a good thing for the sport, Also They have approved 5 rounds in non title fights. This means the main fight of the night could be a 5 rounder even if there is no title on the line... Im sure this will make big fights more interesting... though its hard to think when they will and when they wont sure it. But apparently UFC were very keen on it and will be doing it in the near future

One for the Palhares fans here! He is back in action against Alessio Sakara at TUF 10 final! Expect to see Sakara dumped on his head and tapped very quickly!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lastly if you were impressed with Bj Penn jump out of a 3 foot pool check this out Jake Rosholt jumps out of a pool forwards and backwards! I saw some NFL running back jump out backwards as well a while ago but though id post this because his comments are funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTJRWhIRyB0

"I know Im not the 1st guy to do it but I am White and over 200lbs.. gotta be something impressive about that"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On and one more crazy rumour before I go...

UFC 106 Carwin vs Lesnar for the Title!!! With the Valezquez fight being scrapped to make way for this fight!!!
    If you think about it Lesnar was about to a long time without a fight, this makes more sence, MAtch Brock up with his closest rival see how he fares with other big guys.... he can get a win or UFC can have a new champ without ruining a prospect in the process in Valesquez who perhaps needs more time to improve before he is thrown in with the likes of Carwin, I hope this comes off It makes a lot more sence to me.... Anyway thats all just though Id post a few things I found out and see peoples thoughts on them... off to Hospital now... talk to you all later.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

my ramblings... Empty Re: my ramblings...

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:27 pm

First of all, congratulations on becoming a dad mate

I heard somewhere that Velasquez disclocated his shoulder and so the match was abondened and Carwin was given the shot at Lesner. This is goin to be a crazy match, bloody hell to monsters going at it. I like Lesner in this fight, as long as he avoids Carwins power.
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Congrats Ben, great news on the sprog, I hope you have been getting in some extra kip over the last few weeks - your gonna need it Laughing

Really looking forward to that one(Lesnar v Carwin) if true, should be a cracker.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Congrats ben on becoming a father!

thank goodness for Wands swelling reducing, that looked hideous at first.

i think the 5 round non-title fights will be used for the like of Couture/Nogueira , fraknlin/Belfort etc. etc.
    its a good thing because main event fights like Wand/Rich could have done with more rounds.

not sure how the replays will work though.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Congrats ben

cheers
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:37 pm

Congratulations Ben!!

Hope the Lesnar Carwin rumour comes to fruition, would be awesome.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks very much lads... Lesnar and Carwin has been confirmed!!!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 am

oh forgot to say congrats ben
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:11 am

Shanemc Thanks V.Much mate Very Happy
    paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

my ramblings... Empty my ramblings...

Post  paul815 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 am

Congratulations Ben, is it your first? Sounds a big lad, bet you'll be in the gym with him in a few years time! Lesnar/Carwin sounds a great fight, probably Lesnars toughest fight in UFC.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:13 am

Congrats mate. Delighted for you!

Some great info in the post as well.
    great_ginger_10
    great_ginger_10
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  great_ginger_10 Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:44 am

Congrats on becoming a father Ben, hope the little one and Mrs Ben are doing well.
    Lesnar and Carwin should be epic can't wait.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Well done there Ben dude. Congrats.
    bounce

That match up - Carwin Lesnar promises to be ridiculously good. Just finished reading the post about Lesnar being Kod twice in sparring with Rodgers, Think that Carwin could really test that oversized jaw of Brocks. Have a feeling that anyone who can neutralise Brocks main weapon (his size) may well take him.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

my ramblings... Empty Congrats

Post  Raiden Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Sorry only seen that now

congratulations man
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Thanks v.much mate, got another week with the wee man before I go back to work.. Thats why ive been posting so much! the joys of being out of work!!
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:53 pm

I'll be living that dream soon as just got let go, really have no interest in looking for a job with all the interviewing shite that goes with it, nevermind when i win the lotto tonight i'll take us all to vegas VIP to a couple of big events.. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:40 am