THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
efils_god
superman_punch
Ginginho
2brutal
payneNglory1
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
Sheldan
12 posters

The Armbar Predictor Cup - Round 1 Draw

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar Predictor Cup - Round 1 Draw Empty The Armbar Predictor Cup - Round 1 Draw

Post  Sheldan Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:56 am

So here is the draw for the first round of the Armbar Cup:

Once Mohawked Pete VS wilksdaman
    Cowboy From Hell VS ChelseaQuinnsFan
    Shanemc VS Moose Stuff For Money
    MannpageJackson VS Anfields5thKing
    PayneNglory1 VS poz
    2brutal VS Chimerzero
    Sheldan VS Kavik2
    Ginginho VS Mryzyz
    superman_punch VS p4pnumber_1
    redmeanie77 VS FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    manschesthair_utd VS efils_god

Good luck to everyone, and i'm sure that Payne and Meanie will be delighted to know the random draw was kind to them and kept them apart Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

The Armbar Predictor Cup - Round 1 Draw Empty Re: The Armbar Predictor Cup - Round 1 Draw

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:04 am

Nice one Sheldan!

Oh and that Av is brilliant!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar Predictor Cup - Round 1 Draw Empty Re: The Armbar Predictor Cup - Round 1 Draw

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:23 am

Thanks Sheldan!

Good luck Superman, I'm sure you will be a very worthy opponent!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:11 am

It's close between me and poz after the first rd,great prediction on Duran mate,perfect prediction and chose the only sub of the night for your bonus,shame you lost your Trump though Twisted Evil

Typical,I'm one of the top scorers in this rd and I'm in the closest battle to get through to the next rd,why couldn't I have drew sheldan or efils in the 1st rd tongue

anyway,Good luck Poz mate
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:42 am

Nice trump chime zero although a bad night for both us
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:10 am

Here's the scores after the first event. Leaders are in bold.

Once Mohawked Pete 40
    wilksdaman 60

Cowboy From Hell 70

ChelseaQuinsfan 40

Shanemc 85
    Moose Stuff For Money... 80

MannpageJackson 60
    Anfields5thKing 80

payneNglory1 100
    poz 90

2brutal 50
    Chimezero 45

Sheldan 30
    kavik2 70

Ginginho 35
    Mryzyz 60

superman_punch 100

p4pnumber_1 40

redmeanie77 50
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE 100

manschesthair_utd 60
    efils_god 30
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:07 am

My last minute change of heart with Herman paid off. Still plenty of fights left this round but I'm happy with my start.

Prompt work ging, nice one!!!!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 am

Wow stinker from me there!! I'll be back though....

Thanks for the good work guys!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Absolute disaster
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Bloody Clay "Lay And Pray" Guida! It actually annoyed me when he ran round the cage after the fight like he was proud of his achievement, he spent the majority of 15 minutes just sat on top of Pettis while Pettis was working off his back from the guard the entire time. I went 3-1 on the prelims which I thought was a decent start and then 0-3 on the main card! Evil or Very Mad There is still UFC 131 and Strikeforce for me to try and pull things back though!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Greg Jackson has RUINED Clay Guida.

That being said, he did expose Pettis as being over-rated.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Lay Guida didnt even try to KO or submit him the whole fight, very bad showing...im not impressed by most of the UFC lightweight division right now to be honest.

anyone else think Maldonado was robbed blind?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Gray, Hendo and Miller are the only ones that have impressed me lately.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:42 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:It's close between me and poz after the first rd,great prediction on Duran mate,perfect prediction and chose the only sub of the night for your bonus,shame you lost your Trump though Twisted Evil

Typical,I'm one of the top scorers in this rd and I'm in the closest battle to get through to the next rd,why couldn't I have drew sheldan or efils in the 1st rd tongue

anyway,Good luck Poz mate

How do you think I feel Payne, never won a match, 4th highest score and I drew you?? Talk about shit luck Laughing

I did feel I was reaching a bit with my trump,was why (I think) I backed Roop for KOTN, and fucked that up too!

I wouldn't worry too much about the close score, I have started well before and arsed it all up, and I can't split Carwin and JDS at the moment, depends if it gets to the 2nd round I think.......

Anyway, good to be running you close, and may the best man lose Twisted Evil
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:56 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:Lay Guida didnt even try to KO or submit him the whole fight, very bad showing...im not impressed by most of the UFC lightweight division right now to be honest.

anyone else think Maldonado was robbed blind?

Not robbed blind, but I think he should have edged it. I think the judges saw all those knees from the clinch and thought they connected? Rogan was also claiming 'good kick to the mid section (R2, I think), when it clearly hit Maldonado's arm?

Although I backed Guida, I do feel that Pettis should have won? He was always active and working from the bottom.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Of course Pettis shouldn't have lost. Guida did absolutely nothing but take Pettis down and rub his body on him.

Pettis didn't really do much either, but that armbar attempt alone could have clinched the fight.

Really, it should have been a draw. There is not enough leeway for draws in MMA.
    Neither guy justified a win or a title shot.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 am

I thought the only bad decision of the night was Havison getting the decision against Edwards.

I don't really think it was that bad a performance from Guida as alot of people are making out,it made for some fans a dull fight granted,but I thought it was smart fighting on guida's behalf and I personally quite enjoyed the battle,I thought Guida did a good job of constantly avoiding the submissions while maintaining a dominant position for 3 rds.

I don't think there was any doubt that he should of got the decision either.

This was nothing like the bullshit Torres decision the other week IMO,where when he was on the bottom,he was by far the busier fighter and was constantly,attempting and going very close with subs and reversals all fight,Guida was the one that got all the takedowns,he was the more active fighter on the ground and basicly,apart from a couple of sub attempts that he had to fight through,even though he wasn't exactly lighting Pettis up with anything,he was the dominant fighter for all 3 rds.

Guida wasn't exactly going to stand and trade with a duke Rufus's protege was he,that would of been suicide for Guida.
    I thought the main reason that guida wasn't able to do that much from top,wasn't down to a lack of trying but more to do with the fact Pettis had such an active dangerous guard and he was able for most of the fight,keep a hold of Guida's wrists,so Guida wasn't able to create much space to do to much damage,I mean Guida never once stopped trying to improve his position and pass pettis's gaurd,(which he eventually did at the end when he took his back),but Pettis was doing a great job constantly defending and fighting him off,because Pettis has a top notch guard basicly,so Guida couldn't pass or find a finishing position,if he had managed to pass a few times earlier and got both hands free,then I have no doubts he would of tried hard for the finish.

I also think it's a bit funny aswell,to label Clay a lay and pray fighter after this fight,especially since before last night,he was on a three fight streak of finishing opponents..
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:26 am

Finishing them by grinding and humping until he got a choke. He'd have got a choke on Pettis last night if he'd had another minute or so.

But there's not controversy over the result. Guida won every round.
    Chimezero
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Chimezero Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 pm

2brutal wrote:Nice trump chime zero although a bad night for both us

Indeed very poor start, jorgenson saved my ass

at least its evenly matched for the next round

Thanks to Ginghno for all the effort of the past season much appreciated and to payne & sheldan for keeping it going
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Scores after UFC 131 are below. Leaders in bold.

Great stuff from superman_punch who is leading the League. He's only got 2 wrong so far with payne and FOWLERSHIGHFIVE on his tail 35 points behind.

2brutal and Chimezero are on even points but 2brutal leads as he has picked more winners. That could all prove irrelevant with 6 fights left in the round.

Once Mohawked Pete 185
    wilksdaman 170

Cowboy From Hell 150
    ChelseaQuinsfan 170

Shanemc 230
    Moose Stuff For Money... 190

MannpageJackson 180
    Anfields5thKing 220

payneNglory1 235
    poz 170

2brutal 165
    Chimezero 165

Sheldan 150
    kavik2 165

Ginginho 170
    Mryzyz 210

superman_punch 270
    p4pnumber_1 195

redmeanie77 185
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE 235

manschesthair_utd 185
    efils_god 145

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm