THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Sheldan
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
rudeboyben84
Cowboys From Hell
9 posters

Pacquiao vs Mosley

Poll

Who wins and how

[ 4 ]
    Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_lcap44%Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_rcap [44%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_lcap44%Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_rcap [44%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_lcap11%Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_lcap0%Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_lcap0%Pacquiao vs Mosley I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Pacquiao vs Mosley Empty Pacquiao vs Mosley

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu May 05, 2011 2:13 pm

The Big attraction this weekend in combat sports is Pacquiao vs Mosley seems like a lot of people are taking a huge interest in this fight even though Mosley last win was 2 1/2 years ago against manos de yeso and looked absolutely horrible against Mora (although in Mosley defence no one looks good against the awkward Mora).

How does everyone see this fight playing out Will Mosley's size, reach and power cause Paquiao problems or is Sugar just plain shot. ?

Will Pacquiao's speed be too much for Mosley, will he be the 1st man to stop Sugar or will his open and aggressive style be his down fall against Sugar. ?

Should be a great weekend for Boxing with International Prizefighter on too.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Pacquiao vs Mosley Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Mosley

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Mosley was in his Prime when he went 2-0 against De La Hoya, he is a shaddow of his former self. He still looks in good nick but Mayorga was beating him before the KO I reckon.

Last time he looked good was Margarito, apart from that he has looked old in every recent performance.

Floyd schooled him, Manny should do the same.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu May 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Sadly I see the same out come I really would love to see Shane roll back the years like he did against Margarito but I don't see it the under card looks interesting to with Kelly Pavlik returning and unbeaten Mike Alvarado getting a slight step up in competition.

I suppose the plus sign as a Mosley fan is he has never looked to clever at 154 (Mora fight) and got soundly beat by probably one of the most gifted Boxers ever (after stunning him early) in Mayweather another plus is Paquiao will just keep coming forward maybe his open style could benefit Shane........saying that I feel like I'm grasping at straws Sad
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu May 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Unfortunately for Moseley, this fights years too late. Pacman late stoppage for me.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Forgot to add Jorge Arca vs Wilfredo Vazquez Jnr is on the under card too should be great fight Vazquez is always great to watch.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 pm

would love to see shane win this but all he really has is a punchers chance at this point pacquaios in and out movement will give him fights as he easily outpoints him but i see shane is an 8/1 underdog in some bookies think thats worth a few euro on stranger things have happened
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu May 05, 2011 6:23 pm

2 years ago I was a much bigger Boxing fan than I was a MMA fan, now it is quite the opposite. I'm still a big boxing fan, but i'm just bored of all the politics that pretty much is what boxing revolves around these days. In a sport where a guy coming off a loss and a draw can then get a fight with arguably the #1 P4P fighter in the world is a joke, that's the equivalent to Wanderlei getting a title shot against Anderson coming off the back of his losses to Rampage and Franklin, money talks in Boxing, it's not about the best fighting the best, it's about fights which generate money, I know it's a business but that's what I like about MMA, the best fight the best, money doesn't talk, the fans do, and usually the fans get the fights they want to see.

Pacquaio will walk through Mosley, probably winning every round on course to a decision, Mosley hasn't been relevant for years, Pacquaio will win then there will be the talk of Pacquaio-Mayweather like there is after every fight, then Pacquaio will probably step up to light middleweight and fight Saul Alvarez, another fight that nobody is interested in.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu May 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Sugar ko rd 4

That was my dream last night anyway

I'm with sheldan boxing was my big passion I once owned all pbf fights including amatures

PAC man will no doubt have a easy nights work wish the mayweather fight was made,
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 pm

I think Manny stops him in the 10th or 11th. Mosley was an incredible fighter before he met Vernon Forrest. Since then he's looked a shadow of himself with the exception of the Margarito fight and for me, Margarito was too shaken up after getting caught cheating to ever have a chance in that. Ben, I also thought he was losing the fight to Mayorga before the KO. Manny on the other hand just gets better and better. I'm really looking forward to his next fight as it looks like it'll be against Marquez which will be a classic.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 am

He will destroy jmm this time look how much manny has come on since the last fought, jmm was unlucky not to get the nod in at least 1 of the 2 fights
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 pm

I think Marquez will be a tough fight for him. But Manny should win again.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Mosley weighed in at 147lbs, PacMan at 145lbs.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat May 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Mosley should be disappointed with his performance not once did he look like wanted to win the fight to me he looked more interested in picking up is guaranteed $6M rather than trying to win the fight in the 12th he didn't even have the desire to out on his shield.

After watching last night's fight I'm now convinced Floyd beats Manny If 39 Year old Mosley can avoid and slip Pac's punches so easily It makes you wonder If Pac can even touch Floyd.

Under card was hit and miss Pavlik looked rusty and blowing hard the Nrah vs Alvarado fight was truly bizarre and Vazquez vs Arca fight was fantastic plenty of guts and heart on show really hope we see a rematch.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Manny was injured and still beat Mosley more comprehensively than Mayweather. I have no doubts that Manny wins a fight against Mayweather.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon May 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Enjoyable, if a little controversial, article.

In fact fuck that, its not controversial. He's right. No argument.

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/story/15044429/in-matchup-with-big-boxing-ufc-wins-by-knockout
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 09, 2011 2:52 pm

1. As bad as PacMan-Mosley was, it was still a much better fight than GSP-Shields and at least the champion came out of the fight with credit.

2. PacMan-Mosley will comfortably outdo GSP-Shields in PPV buys.

3. There is not a person in the world that ranks Bernard Hopkins top 5 P4P, except maybe Bernard Hopkins. Boxrec is a joke, attempting to use them to prove something is ridiculous. The top 5 in Boxing are: Manny, Floyd, Martinez, Nonito and Andre Ward
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon May 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Manny was injured and still beat Mosley more comprehensively than Mayweather. I have no doubts that Manny wins a fight against Mayweather.

i have doubts that it will ever happen unfortunatley Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 am