THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries Empty Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries Thumbnail.aspx?q=606021751988&id=c126ce4bceae6384a68046e56f8d2f4c&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.combatlifestyle.com%2fpics%2falbums%2f012409afflictionlauzongreen%2f1008

Mixed martial artist Dan Lauzon suffered a non-life threatening stab wound during a late night fight in a Bridgewater, Mass. pub parking lot, according to a published report from local paper The Enterprise.

The newspaper's website originally named the 22-year-old in its report before removing his name. A source close to Lauzon confirmed to MMA Fighting that the original report was accurate and that Lauzon needed stitches to close a cut.

His brother, UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon, wrote a blog post that indirectly addressed the situation, writing, "Luckily everything was okay and it wasn't a big deal as was originally thought."

Dan Lauzon (14-4) has fought three times in the UFC in two different runs with the promotion, losing all three bouts. Since parting ways with the UFC following a UFC 114 loss to Efrain Escudero, he has won two straight fights.

According to the Enterprise report, he was stabbed with a knife at the top of his shoulder during a fight "with a group of men." No further details were released.

Unfortunately for Joe Lauzon, while leaving from his house to rush to his brother's aid, he rolled his ankle, spraining it badly in the process. The injury will force him to the sidelines for at least a week and caused him to miss a planned military goodwill trip to Iraq.

Joe Lauzon

Unfortunately, my ankle is way more jacked up than I realized. I had so much adrenaline going being worried about Dan, I didn’t even notice how swollen my ankle was.

Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries Method=get&s=joe-lauzon-ankle

Joe lauzon

I went to the ER when I woke up this morning and got it xrayed. They said it wasn’t broken, but that it was a bad sprain. They told me to stay off it for a few days and no “work” for a week… then I explained to them what I do for “work” and they said no training of any kind for a little while longer than that.

So needless to say, I will not be making it to the airport and heading to Iraq today. Hopefully I can walk on it better by tomorrow and I can get another flight out there, but it’s not looking real good. I definitely won’t be able to train out there, but I would still like to be able to do all of the Q&A, meet and greets and what not.

poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries Empty Re: Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries

Post  poz Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Without making light of potentially nasty situation, it seems that Joe Lauzon and I share the same bedroom carpet, gout in our ankle, and he shares Mrs P's weird 'finger toe syndrome' where the second toe is longer than the big toe!

Weird times affraid
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries Empty Re: Dan Lauzon victim in stabbing, lucky to receive only minor injuries

Post  the_king Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 pm

nasty looking ankle is this an injury or just swelling?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:25 pm