THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
rudeboyben84
Shanemc
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
KalDog
9 posters

If you could have......

KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

If you could have...... Empty If you could have......

Post  KalDog Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Bit of a lame topic but I'm off work after dislocating my knee (again)

If you could have one fighter from each division drafted to the Ufc, who would you pick

LW Joachim Hansen, I just like his style and didn't want to go with the obvious choice who I think would be Aoki

WW Mr Nick Diaz, love him or hate him he always comes to fight.

MW Now Vitor has returned this is difficult for me so I will choose Ceung Le, superb striker.

LHW Easy choice, Ricardo Arona, swings for the fences and has serious wrestling skills.

HW A toss up between Alistair Overeem and Fedor, Overeem is a monster and there are a tonne of good fights for him, and Fedor because I would like to see him shut Dana up and eat Brock
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

If you could have...... Empty Re: If you could have......

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:00 pm

LW: Shinya Aoki
    WW: Marius Zaromskis
    MW: Frank Shamrock
    LHW: Gegard Mousasi
    HW: Fedor Emelianenko
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Frank Shamrock? Seriously?
    The only reason I would have him in the Ufc is so Tito could avenge his loss. Franks gone down hill and isn't half the fighter he used to be
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm

wouldnt really be a fair fight, tito has about 45 lbs on Frank!, but then again he had almost that weight advantage the last time and lost, but anyway its irrelevant, Mr. Strikeforce would never go to Dana, he makes too much cash in strikeforce. i watched shamrock baroni again last night on extreme and reminded me why i am such a huge Frank fan!¬ i an getting my old avatar back!

as for the question:

LW: AOki
    WW: Zaromskis
    MW: Sheilds
    LHW: Mousasi
    HW: Fedor

(sorry for the stock answers No )
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:13 pm

LW:Aoki
    WW:Shields
    MW:Lawler
    LHW:Mosusasi
    HW:Fedor
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:52 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:wouldnt really be a fair fight, tito has about 45 lbs on Frank!, but then again he had almost that weight advantage the last time and lost, but anyway its irrelevant, Mr. Strikeforce would never go to Dana, he makes too much cash in strikeforce. i watched shamrock baroni again last night on extreme and reminded me why i am such a huge Frank fan!¬ i an getting my old avatar back!

as for the question:

LW: AOki
    WW: Zaromskis
    MW: Sheilds
    LHW: Mousasi
    HW: Fedor

Lol, it would have had to be the Baroni fight you watched, has he won a fight since then
    I know he's a legend, I just think the game has evolved and Franks stock has gone down somewhat
    (sorry for the stock answers No )
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:50 pm

I picked Frank Shamrock just to see what shit he'd stir up, his best days are behind him but he's still a legend.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Good post, I think Id go with

Eddie Alvarez at Lw, I think he is the next best to Aoki and I think he would do better in UFC. Id love to T-Rex arms Sherk try and box him! I think apart from Penn he would tear through the devision,

Ww is a tough one, Id love to see Zaromskis, Nate Diaz or Mach Sakurai (Partly to see him rematch Hughes) Ive gotta go for Diaz though because I love his style, the guy breaks records for punch output every time he fights these days!!

Mw Im going to go for Melvin Manhoef. I know he is really really 1 dimentional but he is probabally p4p the hardest hitter in MMA and now Wandy is a Mw I think this would be one of the most entertaining fights ever. If I wasnt going to pick him Id have to go for Filho, Id love to see Filho vs Palhares because they are both wee Bulldogs and it would make a clear cut contender out of the winner.... Id say Manhoef though. I know its a strange pick because he isnt top level but he is an entertainer and Fuck it if Kimbo and Houston are fighting in the UFC because they are entertainers Manhoef should too!

Lhw would be Mousasi for me for sure. I see a case for Arona but Mousasi would bring a lot more new exciting fights to the table. Mousasi vs Shogun would be an epic I think.

Hw would be either of the Emelianenko brothers. I think I would almost rather Aleks come in to UFC and start smashing him heavys to show if he can do that what could his big bro do!!! I really think Aleks could be the best heavy in the world. He is coming into his prime and has looked better and better all the time as well as being in a lot better shape these days. Id love to see Aleks come in and fight the winner of JDS vs Gonzaga.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Alright mucker?

Forgot about hayato! Again though, his best days are behind him and didn't go for Gegard as it's the obvious choice. Would love to see Arona v Wand again though
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:11 pm

LW: Eddie Alvarez. Great allround fighter. I've wanted to see him fight Sanchez for a while. I think that would be an insane fight.

WW: Nick Diaz. I think he's got the skills to beat GSP. With those long limbs and his incredible BJJ there's no way GSP could fight him the same way he fought against Penn or Alves. I think it'd make a great fight.

MW: It has to be Frank Shamrock. One of the greatest ever. The Legend is still one of the biggest draws in the business. He's the reason MMA has evolved the way it has. Shamrock pioneered training and fighting techniques in a way that no1 had before and no1 has since. And he's still a decent fighter. Sure, he's lost his last two fights but he fought Diaz with cracked ribs and he broke his arm against Le just as he was starting to get the better of Cung and he still managed to rock Cung badly with that wrecked arm. Plus, it'd just be great to see him take the piss out of Dana. I think he'd beat Tito in the rematch. And there's a couple of other legends walking around the UFC that i'm sure Frank would like to fight, Chuck and Randy. PPV buys through the roof in all 3 fights.

LHW: I suppose Mousasi. But i'd really like to see Babalu fight Tito.

HW: Has to be Fedor, just to see him demolish the UFC HW division and then walk away with the UFC belt.

Honourable mention: Tim Sylvia, just to see Brock smash him.

Kal, how on earth can you classify Ricardo "by decision" Arona's style as "swings for the fences"? The chap has been in some of the most boring fights EVER! Only 2 KO's in 19 fights and 11 of those fights have gone to the judges! When you've been knocked out more times than you've knocked out others, stand-up is not your strong point.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:08 am

He does swing for the fences though, big looping mother fuckers, I didn't say he connected with many, possibly used the wrong terminology, but he does throw haymakers.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 am

And did we just agree that nick Diaz as WW?
    I demand you change your WW choice damn it. People will start talking!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 am

LW,I would love to see Alverez or Aoki but I would also like to see some of the smaller guys like,MTB or Faber mixing it up with some bigger names in the UFC.

WW,Nick Diaz,I don't like the guy but since he left the UFC he has been unstoppable really apart from the cut in the K.J Noons fight,so I'd love to know if he has improved as much as I think he has and can hang with the UFC guys or he has just been fighting much weaker opposition(Shamrock win was great but it could be argued that Frank is a shot fighter now).

MW,Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza ,Would love to see him fight Maia.

LHW,Mousasi,easy to love his confidence and style and the UFC is really the only place he belongs while there LHW division is so strong.

HW,Fedor,not only because he is the best,but Fedor fighting in the UFC would settle everything for us fans,letting us finally having a undisputed Heavyweight champ in MMA.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am

KalDog wrote:He does swing for the fences though, big looping mother fuckers, I didn't say he connected with many, possibly used the wrong terminology, but he does throw haymakers.

Fair point. I just think he has horrendous technique. I do see your point.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:44 am

KalDog wrote:And did we just agree that nick Diaz as WW?
    I demand you change your WW choice damn it. People will start talking!

I think you should change yours because i'm older than you and you should respect your elders!!

My other choice would be Jake Shields, who i also think has a chance to beat GSP but he doesn't have Nick's boxing which i think is his key.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 am

payneNglory1 wrote:

MW,Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza ,Would love to see him fight Maia.

Jacare vs Maia would be possible the greatest grappling match in MMA history.

Although i'd like to see Xande Ribeiro against either of them.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:54 am

I'd have Anfields5thking in at every single different weight...... Wink Sorry fella, couldn't resist it.

In reality though:

Lightweight: Eddie Alvarez. Not the top of the pile but I like his attitude, heavy hands and bit more flair than Aoki.

Welterweight: Nick Diaz. Big talent, even bigger twat, but he's entertaining, and he has the length and handspeed to bother anyone at WW.

Middleweight: Cung Le. I know he only fights once every ice age but I just absolutely love watching him fight. He's totally unique in every way and is probably the only 'flashy' fighter that can actually take a shot and put people down as well. Kind of like the illegitimate love child of Shonie Carter and Dan Henderson.

LHW: Has to be Mousasi, everyone else except Filho is already there, and Filho should stay at MW where he belongs.

HW: Has to be Overeem. I'd love to say Fedor but the only fight I really want to see is him against Lesnar, and to be honest I do and don't want to see it in equal measures if you catch my drift. Overeem needs to stop clowning around and knuckle down though if he wants to carve out a legacy, which I think he can. Only concern is the post-roid phase slump he could well be headed for.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:39 pm

LW : Alvarez easy that is for me.
    WW : I'd love to see Zaromskis in the UFC.
    MW : If Cung gets back in to MMA full time it has to be him he is so unorthodox and very exciting and on exciting Manhoef would be my choice if Cung wants to stay Hollywood.
    LHW : Mousasi he would be an instant contender.
    HW : Fedor seems an obvious choice but i would really like to see Overeem in the Octagon more.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:23 pm

he has big power in his fists, little accuracy with his punches and sticks his chin out with no defence. So in that respect he "swings for the fences" but he rarely takes the fight to his opponent on the feet.

*arona that is

anyway Jacare would almost definatley beat Maia, he has the better of him in grappling i think, he certainly has more acheivments.

I want to see Braulio in MMA, one of if not the best grappler in the world right now, ADCC 88kg and absolute champion, and won it with some incredible submissions, including an inverted triangle on galvao iirc.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:25 pm

I think Xande would have beaten him in the Absolute if he hadn't gone in carrying the injury but he is a great grappler.

Paolo, show me the money!
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 pm

P4P Arona is the best surfer in MMA
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:48 pm

I reckon Babalu could give him a run for his money!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 am

I bet neither of them can jump out of a 3ft deep swimming pool no-handed like BJ. Aparrently only 3 men in the world can.

Can't embed it at work:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFTFZR1sKrc
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 pm

That is impressive. I've seen a few other guys do that. That's some serious leg strength.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:29 am