THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

All gone very quiet on the GSP front???

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

All gone very quiet on the GSP front??? Empty All gone very quiet on the GSP front???

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:27 pm

As a fan of prob the best fighter in the UFC at the moment, it's all gone very quiet... is it just because theres no one good enough in his weight?? I love watching him fight and from recent annocements of future cards, doesn't look like we will be seeing him for a little while, which is a shame. Hopefully some of these match ups coming up at UFC 105 ect will create someone for him to beat up...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

All gone very quiet on the GSP front??? Empty Re: All gone very quiet on the GSP front???

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:37 pm

pinsman wrote:As a fan of prob the best fighter in the UFC at the moment, it's all gone very quiet..

Machida is fighting next weekend mate. not gone quiet at all.

As for GSP, he'll fight Swick next assuming Swick beats Hardy. But after getting injured at UFC 100(hit him with your groin!), he needed a few months off.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

All gone very quiet on the GSP front??? Empty Re: All gone very quiet on the GSP front???

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm

I love the dragon man, but GSP is the man of the moment imo, he's just a quality guy aswell. Love to see him fighting and just can't see him on a card for a long while which saddens me. When saying it's all gone quiet, i ment from the GSP side of things, don't get me wrong theres some awesome cards coming in many comps it's going to be cool!!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Hopefully GSP is busy picking out some furniture for the spare room at his house.
    mattn1977
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  mattn1977 Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:25 pm

I realise that I'll probably get flamed for this opinion but I don't massively look forward to GSP's fights in the same way as I do with other fighters. He is undoubtably a great talent.....he has superbly well rounded skills, excellent cardio and is a true gent.
    But, I'm finding his fights are becoming a little tedious. He has developed an incredibly effective way of winning fights based on his fantastic wrestiling ability and a very contolled (if not devastating) ground and pound game. Now whilst I understand that the level of technique/strength required to dominate opponents in this fashion is truly phenomenal (and I do still marvel at it), I hope that the remaining fights of his career don't all go down this path.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:12 pm

yeh your prob right there, but i have to say he's prob the only wreastler I enjoy watching, once he's on the floor he still trys to finish fights. Theres loadsa fighters who do the same aswell who have great reps and one of them is being mentioned all the time on here Mr Cain V. One thing i would like to see from GSP would be finishing more fights with a submission, the amount of time he spends gettin his opponents on the ground, some arm bars wouldn't go a miss...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:46 pm

GSP has become a boring wrestler. His fights aren't exciting and had BJ's corner not stopped the fight that would be 4 of his last 6 fights that he'd dry humped his way to a decision. He's a great fighter but Machida is the best in the UFC right now and if he does to Shogun what he did to Rashad and Silva, there'll be no doubts.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:29 pm

agreed just really hope Shogan turns up as i've taken a silly bet with a mate... ha ha think my chances are slim =(
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Maybe he is doing one to many parties now days.

I imagine that to many partys with Shonie and Mayhem would take quite a while to get over. drunken

But man I'd love an invite Laughing
    All gone very quiet on the GSP front??? 1014
    All gone very quiet on the GSP front??? 1015
    I like the water bottle for the photos,"come off it man,look at your eyes,your wasted"
    All gone very quiet on the GSP front??? 1017
    All gone very quiet on the GSP front??? 1016_0

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:07 am