THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

The Sexy One vs The Axe Murderer

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Sexy One vs The Axe Murderer Empty The Sexy One vs The Axe Murderer

Post  Ginginho Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Featured Story: from MMAfighting.com

Yoshihiro Akiyama said at a UFC press conference Tuesday in Japan that he will fight Wanderlei Silva inside the Octagon some time in early 2010, possibly in the main event of UFC 111 in Sydney, Australia.

Tony Loiseleur of Sherdog reported that Akiyama confirmed he'll fight Silva at 185 pounds, and although Akiyama said he would personally prefer to do the fight at UFC 110 in Las Vegas, my own opinion is that UFC 111 would make a lot more sense. Akiyama-Silva is tailor made to be the main event of an overseas show, and considering that Akiyama and Silva are two of the most popular fighters among MMA fans in Japan -- and that there's just a one-hour time difference between Sydney and Tokyo -- the UFC must be thinking that the Australian show will be a good one to draw in Japanese TV viewers.

UFC 111 hasn't been officially announced, but it's expected to take place in Sydney in late February. Predictably, the UFC's impending arrival has led to inaccurate, over-the-top news coverage from those who are sure MMA signals the decline of civilization. But there are plenty of people in Australia who understand MMA and are excited about seeing the UFC, and Silva vs. Akiyama would be a great fight for them to see.
    Posted By:
    Michael David Smith

I don't know what is more exciting from my point of view - this possible fight or the UFC coming to somewhere I could reasonably afford to attend a live event!!!!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

The Sexy One vs The Axe Murderer Empty Re: The Sexy One vs The Axe Murderer

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Now they seem to be saying that Akiyama is just too damn Sexy for the Aussies to handle so they're talking about Rampage vs Sinosic instead.

I guess if you're going to put on an event in Sydney then you need an Aussie in the main event, and there isn't exactly an abundance to choose from, but Sinosic has no business headlining a UFC main card, and it seems a little strange that Page and Dana have suddenly made up and agreed that he'll fight a bum 10,000 miles from home.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:01 pm

I don't know Paulo i think Australia can handle the sex in the evening but the question is can the UK handle the sex at 10am and the states between 3-6am that might be too hot for such an early time.

I do see Wandi dropping another fight here maybe even stopped.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Loving the Sefo Avatar mate! This is Awsome news, I dont see Wandy being in danger of loosing this one, Wandy is coming down from 205 and Sexyamam is realistically a 170lbs figher. I think Wanderlei is going to blow him away inside a round, Although if Wandy is going to get beat (again!) I wouldnt mind it being by the Sexy one! Really really cool fight I cant see it being fight of the night if it goes longer than a round.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:39 pm

agreed ben think wand has this but it wont be easy akiyama is tough
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:52 pm

I dont mean to look past Akiyayma obviously am a fan but I think he is going to get smashed. Even the Wandy that showed up against Rich should win this fight and look good doing it. Wanderlei had problems with a weight cut that fight and handled it poorly. I think he will turn up recaharged for this fight. He can Mess up Akiyama with a clinch because if the height, Wandy wont be a really short guy at Mw and I think we will see his Muay Thai being used a lot better, Knees from the Clintch and Headkicks being used more effectlvley. I think Akiyama takes a beating and cuts to Ww were I think he will deffo crack the top 5... at least.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:39 pm