THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Sergei Kharitonov

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Sergei Kharitonov Empty Sergei Kharitonov

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:38 pm

What do people think SF are going to do with him... I havnt heard any talk about him since he signed with Strikeforce.

I really think Sergei can be a contender and he is still only 30!! He hasnt fought MMA since that loss to Monson last year which IMO is the biggest thing Monson has done since he left UFC.

He scored a brutal 1st round KO in the last K-1 event a couple of weeks back. He is currently 16-4-0 in MMA finishing 15 of those fights inside the distance.

His Career wins include
    .Werdum
    .1st round KO of Overeem
    .1st round Sub of Mike Russo
    .1st round KO of Pedro Rizzo
    .1st round KO of Semmy Schilt
    .1st round KO of Ninja Rua

Pretty impressive stuff really. Considering apart from Monson his losses are to Big Nog (devision) Aleks Emelianenko and Overeem

I think he should be matched up with Andrei Arlovski. Both men have good Striking especially Boxing and both have a sambo background. Honestly id expect Sergei to take his head off.

His only other option is Josh Barentt I suppose, Overeem is out doing K-1 and Werdum is injured and Fedor (or his managment or whatever) probabally considers himself above a fight with Sergei.

V.Overeem and Bigfoot are fighting each other

Maby Brett Rogers (assuming he beats Warpath!) or maby Lavar Johnson as a warmup fight that could really push him?

What do people want to see SF do with him?

Honestly id back him against Rogers, Lavar, Arlovski and give him a half decent change against Barnett who hasnt competed at top level in a long time.

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Sergei Kharitonov Empty Re: Sergei Kharitonov

Post  Sly Uses Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:23 pm

I heard he might fight Arlovski first in SF awhile ago, nothing since. I dont like the fight though, AA needs to be built up again and not get KOd. I wouldnt mind seeing him vs Rosario
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote: his losses are to Big Nog (devision)

Woah, didn't know Nog was that good at maths! Laughing

I kinda like IamFluffykins idea of the Del Rosario fight, that'd be a good test for both men, a step up for Del Rosario and a "welcome back" fight against a tough opponent for Kharitonov.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:43 pm

[quote="The_Axe_Emperor"]
    rudeboyben84 wrote: his losses are to Big Nog (devision)

Woah, didn't know Nog was that good at maths! Laughing

lol funiest responce ever. would be an intense matchup i wonder if the athletic commision would ban the use of a calculator.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Haha thats a cracker didnt notice that Embarassed

SDR would actually be a cracking fight, SF have so many good heavies right now and are doing a really bad job of matching them up.

I honestly think SDR should be built up slower, V.Overeem would have been Ideal but a win over Lavar Johnson would put him in the big leagues.

Id love to see AA stand with Sergei. My Money would deffo be on Sergei and he looked in better shape than when he fought Monson someone on 606 pointed out.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:04 pm

cannot remember when i was last on 606. strikeforce do have a great heavyweight division but i think the need to tie down on their contracts as 3 of the top 4 are doing their own thing and leaves bigfoot nothing.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:19 am

Overeem has said he is out till MAY after K-1. Thats near 8 months. When is Werdum ready to go? The Fedor situation does my head in cause if he took fights to stay busy like Lindland, why not fight Bigfoot who also lost to Werdum but in a fight he was winning and he is coming off a win to Arlovski another common opponent. Bigfoot had lost one scrappy fight to a Shw. 1 in 14 before Werdum and Fedor or his managment doesnt think he is worthy?

He surely is a step up from Brett Rogers? scratch

Im seriously puzzled by the whole Situation. Barentt is there too....

Hw Title: Werdum vs Overeem
    Number 1 contenders: Barnett vs Fedor
    Hw: Bigfoot vs Sergei
    Hw: Arlovski vs SDR
    Hw: Daniel Cormier vs Brett Rogers
    Hw: Herschel Walker vs Ray Sefo
    Hw: Lavar Johnson vs V.Overeem

Not to mention Monson is suppose to be fighting for them and probabally comes at a quarter of the price tag of Lashley!

There are so maby decent free agent heavies and they are making a good start to a devision this strong but with Names like Sylvia or Rizzo. They want another Superfight/Freakshow give Ken Shamrock a few grand to fight Hershel. I though Sefo would work cause he is a faded K-1 legend who cant really grapple (Big Sefo fan, that pained me to say!)

Thats bar the Sefo fight 7 Big world class fighs SF need to get on the ball a bit insted of having Rogers and Cormier fighting in B leagues on the same week they need to fight each other!

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 am

yeah ben you basically said whati wanted too. sf need to up their game they currently have some of the best heavies but need to take a herder stance on their contracts or maybe the loose dealings is why they sign.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:17 am

By loaning in and out fighters frequently you can tell they're really trying to compete with the UFC by getting all the best talent fighting under one promotion, but the fighters they actually have nailed down to a contract (Fedor, Barnett etc) they are doing an absolutely terrible job at matching up.

Its all very well and good making fun matchups like Cyborg- Whitemare and the like but they need to concentrate on making RELEVANT matches as opposed to exciting ones.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 am