THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

How Important is Presentation in MMA....?

Poll

whats your opinion?

[ 6 ]
    How Important is Presentation in MMA....? I_vote_lcap100%How Important is Presentation in MMA....? I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How Important is Presentation in MMA....? I_vote_lcap0%How Important is Presentation in MMA....? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

How Important is Presentation in MMA....? Empty How Important is Presentation in MMA....?

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 pm

As viewers of the MMA programming, how important to you is the presentation of the show?
    here are some examples from the different shows...

UFC 91

DREAM.9

(the vtr is the good bit really the opening ceremony is always the same)

Strikeforce: Houston

KSW 13

Obviously the most important thing is the fights, but i think the opening and the presentation etc (including entrances) are important firstly in looking professional, and secondly simply to add to the entertainment, since this is a pro sport, not amatuer and entertainment is important...and the fights cannot be reliable in this area!!

Anyway, on a related note, don't forget that KSW is on tonight, main event Pudz vs. Butterbean!!

last time the show was great fun and a bunch of people were on the chatbox...i belive it starts at 7pm
    cheers

KSW TONIGHT AT 7PM: BUTTERBEAN vs PUDZILLA!!

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

How Important is Presentation in MMA....? Empty Re: How Important is Presentation in MMA....?

Post  the_king Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:49 pm

it definatley add value to the show, for example some pride events just blew me away they where doing it on a massive scale while if the never bothered i would not have been blown away.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

How Important is Presentation in MMA....? Empty Re: How Important is Presentation in MMA....?

Post  the_king Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:50 pm

ksw is on tonight were can i watch it?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:54 pm

there will be an internet stream knocking about im sure, last time there was a pretty good one.
    ...only bad thing was the 10 minute ad breaks and the annoying polish commentary, but the fights were top notch!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:00 pm

hey you can buy it here if you want Rolling Eyes http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/MMA/KSW_14__Judgement_Day/782

...oh, and Mariusz is Tiny!!! a mere 260 lbs
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:46 pm

No one should bother buying it, for sure there will be a stream on justintv or somewhere (watch me jinx it now lol).

Yeah i will try to be on the chatbox later, always great craic watching the tourneys, and the annoying adds and waiting for Pudz to fight bounce
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Presentation for sure add excitement and hype to the show, and its always much better to watch fights live.

For example i had to record UFN 22 this week as i had an early start to the day, but when i got home, for sure i fast forwarded to just catch the fights only. And it doesnt feel the same as watching it live i must say....
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:56 pm

if i can find a stream ill pop onto chatbox.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:08 pm

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:09 pm

I consider myself a hardcore MMA fan so for me the best presentation in MMA has always been the OTT approach of the Japanese orgs.

But i cant see a casual fan being too into having to watch fighters walk into the ring with loads of shit going on around them to make it look good. To the casual fans thats just time for them to go get a coffee or some food and prepare for the fight, so they definitely prefer the UFC's "less is more" approach i think, and its not hard to see why.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:42 pm