THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
redmeanie77
Once Mohawked Pete
efils_god
Ginginho
8 posters

MMA Predictions League - Table after Round 13

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League - Table after Round 13 Empty MMA Predictions League - Table after Round 13

Post  Ginginho Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:07 am

And we have a new leader!!!! Moose has moved to the top, albeit by only 5 points, off the back of a few big rounds and efils having a couple of average ones.

redmeanie77 has had an adjustment made to his score between rounds of 130 points as he missed a round due to him performing humanitarian work - any complaints?

Prediction of the round goes to ME cheers being the only person to pick Feijao over Mo. Upsets of the round were Gono and Thompson losing in Sengoku SRC and Lashley losing in Strikeforce with nobody scoring any points for those fights.

Round 14 out soon......

Rank Name Winners Methods Rounds Bonus Points
    1 Moose Stuff For Money... 1470 285 200 450 2405
    2efils_god 1390 355 210 445 2400
    3manchesthair_utd 1370 320 220 390 2300
    4payneNglory1 1300 330 230 400 2260
    5redmeanie77 1260 275 220 505 2260
    6Anfields5thKing 1380 330 190 345 2245
    7ChelseaQuinsfan 1370 255 190 405 2220
    8George_Louis_Costanza 1330 270 190 370 2160
    9Once Mohawked Pete 1290 285 185 400 2160
    10Ginginho 1280 305 165 400 2150
    11Shanemc 1290 270 175 315 2050
    12Albion_Oakley 940 245 150 265 1600
    13 hendos_right_hook 940 200 125 215 1480
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

MMA Predictions League - Table after Round 13 Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Table after Round 13

Post  efils_god Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:06 am

Cheers Ginginho, i had a bit of a stinker there!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League - Table after Round 13 Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Table after Round 13

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

Cheers again dude.

Getting a bit of a nose-bleed at the moment. Don't thimk I've ever been this high in the table before.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh my !!!

Forget the Armbar Cup Payne. Your locked in a head to head battle with me till the end of the year. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

May the best man win cheers
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 pm

thanks Gingho near the bottom usual Sad
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:04 pm

cheers

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:18 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Oh my !!!

Forget the Armbar Cup Payne. Your locked in a head to head battle with me till the end of the year. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Wow that shot you up a good few places mate,getting nervous now,can't handle the pressure pale Laughing

should be a good battle till the end of the season mate,good luck and as I said,if you do end up beating me(which will obviously will never happen tongue ),I'll sort out a prize for you.

Not being picky or trying to come of as a dick,but what is the ruling on the amount of pts you get,when you miss a round,is it 130 pts? and if so did they also get added to the 80 pts that you already scored in the 1st half of that rd or did your 80 pts just get topped up to 130 pts.

I think for every ones sake and to keep it fair,this part of them game needs clarifying.(sorry if you have already done this Gin,I must of missed it)

Gin,how many pts do you get for mmissing a rd,is it 130 then?
    and is there a set amount of times you are allowed to miss a rd and still get the pts,because if there isn't,then there shouldn't be a part timers list,as they will all,atleast score the set amount every rd.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:

Wow that shot you up a good few places mate,getting nervous now,can't handle the pressure pale Laughing

should be a good battle till the end of the season mate,good luck and as I said,if you do end up beating me(which will obviously will never happen tongue ),I'll sort out a prize for you.

Not being picky or trying to come of as a dick,but what is the ruling on the amount of pts you get,when you miss a round,is it 130 pts? and if so did they also get added to the 80 pts that you already scored in the 1st half of that rd or did your 80 pts just get topped up to 130 pts.

I think for every ones sake and to keep it fair,this part of them game needs clarifying.(sorry if you have already done this Gin,I must of missed it)

and is there a set amount of times you are allowed to miss a rd and still get the pts,because if there isn't,then there shouldn't be a part timers list,as they will all,atleast score the set amount every rd.
    I think the point here Payne is that Red was doing some humanitarian work and also had no access to a computer?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Giginho asked me who i would have picked if i didnt know the results. I told him i couldnt do that. And asked him to give me the same score as whoever that did the worst in that specific round.

I assume thats what he's done mate.

It's On !
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 pm

I think the point here Payne is that Red was doing some humanitarian work and also had no access to a computer?

yeah I think thats cool and have zero problems with that,but for the game and the rest of us,it would be nice to know how this works,incase we find our selves in a position where we have to miss a round or two.People in the past have missed rds,but Gin credited them with Pts,I just don't know how many and what he actually did about it.

This is only the second season of doing this for Gin,so obviously we can't expect him to have every scenario covered,but when they do come up and he makes a ruling on them,then in the name of being fair to everyone and having consistancy in the game,he'll have to stick to these rulings and make them part of the rules,which I think we should all know what they are,thats all.

Again didn't want to come off as a dick mentioning this,I thought it might be seem that way by a few but honestly,I just mentioned it to help Gin and the game out.

I've no doubt Meanie would be there or there abouts anyway,if he wasn't busy doing his thing.

poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:10 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:

yeah I think thats cool and have zero problems with that,but for the game and the rest of us,it would be nice to know how this works,incase we find our selves in a position where we have to miss a round or two.

This is only the second season of doing this for Gin,so obviously we can't expect him to have every scenario covered,but when they do come up and he makes a ruling on them,then in the name of being fair to everyone and having consistancy in the game,he'll have to stick to these rulings and make them part of the rules,which I think we should all know what they are,thats all.

Again didn't want to come off as a dick mentioning this,I thought it might be seem that way by a few but honestly,I just mentioned it to help Gin and the game out.

I've no doubt Meanie would be there or there abouts anyway,if he wasn't busy doing his thing.

Didn't think you a dick, just thought you might of not read the reasons why.
    As a 'part-timer' I'd probably be happy with 130 points a round Very Happy
    But sooner or later, I might win a round.......and I might just gloat Twisted Evil
    Probably be a while tho
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:34 pm

I don't blame you one bit mate,gloat untill your heart is content,your big rd will come,I just hope it's not at my expense Evil or Very Mad

This league's good fun and adds to the events when your watching them,theres been loads of times when I've predicted a UD or something and have been screaming at the TV in the 3rd rd,hoping when my guys got them in a bad position,that he doesn't finish Laughing

plus it's a good way of getting some good banter going between us Armbarers
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:

This wasn't something I would have done normally but as he has played every round and circumstances meant he couldn't complete the rounds so I felt I had to do something. I think it comes down to circumstances and I wouldn't want to do it for someone who had missed anymore than one round.

redmeanie77 missed 19 fights or 2 half rounds - the average score for those fights was 190. I took the average and deducted 30 points for each half round. This method was made up on the spot and just seemed about fair. It worked out to be around the lowest score for the same fights.

I will use the same method for anyone else who misses a round, that is, average score for the round less 60 points, to maintain some consistancy. If anyone has any better ideas, then let me know.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Cheers for clearing that up mate,sounds fair.

I just hope if I miss a round,it's a bloody high scoring one Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:38 am