THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
manschesthair_utd
Shanemc
Hank Scorpio
Raiden
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
George_Louis_Costanza@who
11 posters

UFC 108........

Lightweight
    Lightweight

UFC 108........ Empty UFC 108........

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm probably alone on here on this but i think Vitor will not the fuck out Anderson especially if dances around like poor mans RJJ Very Happy

Back to the card with this booked as the main event and possible Thiago Silva vs Evans & Nate vs Dan how can this card get any better i'm really excited for this card these 3 fights on the same bill is certainly value for money.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 108........ Empty Re: UFC 108........

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah mate im with you, I saw them lined up with each other stats wise and Vitor has a slightly higher KO ratio. I said when he was in Affliction that I though we would see him come to UFC and beat Anderson, I think he has quicker and more powerfull striking, I think he could out wrestle him and I think he could beat him on the ground... Vitor is taking this and Ill go as far to stick my neck on the line and say I think Vitor will finish him inside 2 rounds.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Cant see Vitor winning this one, i think Hendo has a better chance of beating Silva than Vitor. I would never feel to confident betting against Anderson Silva, especially not in this situation where his opponent is known for loosing the big fights.
    And this is a very very big fight.....

Hendo,Rashad and Anderson FTW cheers
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 am

I'm with on that Ben one thing i have noticed is a lot Silva fans have dismissed Vitor's wins over Rich and Lindland and are using his 9 defeats as reason why he shouldn't get a shot i feel the Silva fans are worried Cool

Man the win over Rich was pure killer instinct and if Lyoto or Anderson done that would be talked about for years i don't even think Anderson makes it out of round 1 i see Anderson's ego getting the better of him dancing like a prat (funny when Rashad does this everyone shits on him) and Vitor lunging in and KTFO of Silva Cool
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

UFC 108........ Empty Re: UFC 108

Post  Raiden Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:56 am

I must watch the Vitor Franklin fight again, I was pulling for Vitor in that fight but I dont remember being seeing it as that convincing of a win.

It was a puzzling ending to the fight, but I was watching in a room full of drunk people so I could be wrong on that

I respect your guys opinions but I think your thinking with your hearts rather than your heads-i dont think Vitor has done enough recently to warrant all this "the man to beat anderson silva" malarchy

Anderson Silva KO/TKO Round 1
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Agree, i like Vitor and do think he's got a chance with his speed but AS generally takes the piss out of everyone he fights, at the very least it will be a decent test for AS unlike his last few such as Griffin, leites, Cotè...it would be just good to see the spyder have to defend something ffs Smile

What a card it's shapin up to be though, would have to go with Rashad, Silva and Nate the great in those 3 fights
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:40 pm

dont no what to think of the silva/belfort fight either could ko the other at anytime so should be interesting and for the rest of the card is looking great thiago silva vs rashad will produce fireworks and nate vs hendo will be a war i think few more big names on the card i see it being one of the ufcs biggest cards to date
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Yeah its Deffo a fight that could go either way, Anderson and Vitor are very evenly matched but I feel Vitor is Hungry for the win and I think he just edges Silva in both speed and power... Im really looking forward to it.

Wanderlei vs Sexyamam also rumoured for the card!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Should be an epic card!

as for Silva/Vitor, i can see how Silva fans are dismissive of Vitor.

The thing about Vitor is this, he doesnt ever dominate his opponents (except in some of his early pride fights which was a bit out of character) , but as Joe rogan said on the countdown show, he is a killer!! and the pessimist would say "he only threw 4 punches in the Lindland fight, or he only threw 6 punches in 3 and a half minutes against Franklin" but it took him a minimal amount of attack to KTFO 2 of the best middleweights in the world!
    I can see the anderson fight similar to the Rich one, and i hope it goes that way.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 pm

The ability to take out an opponent with a flurry of punches is what makes Belfort such a dangerous opponent for Anderson Silva. I reckon we'll get a cagey start from both fighters then the fireworks, can't see it going any further than the second round. If I had to pick a winner I'd go for Anderson Silva, however I wouldn't be willing to bet on it.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Belfort needs to find a way of closing the distance to get his power shots off which is easier said than done,if he stays out side then I think Anderson will pick him apart with his range and precision and if he gets to close he will either get caught up in Anderson's clinch game where no fighter wants to find himself or the fight hits the ground where I think Anderson has the easier way of winning unless Belfort can gain a solid top position and rain down some bombs.

I see the fight standing though,basicly because Anderson believes he can out strike anybody which gives Belfort a punches chance but I still think it's a small chance.

It's a very small area to capitilise on to get his shots off and I personally think Belfort will take to much damage and tire before he has a chance to find his range,he has a punches chance but I think overall he is out matched in every other department.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:07 pm

I think he'll need to approach the Anderson Silva fight the same way he approached the Wanderlei Silva fight. Attack from the first bell and don't let Anderson settle. Test that chin very early and see what happens. If the first attack doesn't work. Then go to plan B.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Belfort will win! i've been waiting for him to come into the UFC and proove himself for so long! His head is sorted and he wants that title! He looked big aswell against Franklin! Franklin is one of my fav fighters but he looked very weak against Belfort and Rich also has a good chin. If Vitor connects with Andersons chin it could be Goodnight!!! Poss the biggest match up in UFC history (dare I sat it).... can't wait!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm