THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
Sly Uses
Xmas
poz
payneNglory1
8 posters

Newbies,part timers get your predictions in ,so Ginginho can start the armbar cup

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Newbies,part timers get your predictions in ,so Ginginho can start the armbar cup Empty Newbies,part timers get your predictions in ,so Ginginho can start the armbar cup

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Hope Ginginho doesn't mind me putting this post up.

There's also still a few regulars that haven't posted their picks yet.

Ginginho has also got a part-timers/newbies league if I remember correctly,but even if your not bothered about the league,cast your predictions for the cup and challenge your fellow Armbarers.

call someone out if you want and i'm sure Gin will try his best to make it happen.

So Xmas,fluffy and you other newbies,and you other part timers,get your predictions in.

poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Newbies,part timers get your predictions in ,so Ginginho can start the armbar cup Empty Re: Newbies,part timers get your predictions in ,so Ginginho can start the armbar cup

Post  poz Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:39 am

Never bothered with the prediction league, but the cup might be fun. Can you repostthe rules or point me to the thread explaining them, ain't got the time to trawl through at the moment!
    Xmas
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Newbies,part timers get your predictions in ,so Ginginho can start the armbar cup Empty Re: Newbies,part timers get your predictions in ,so Ginginho can start the armbar cup

Post  Xmas Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:42 pm

I would give it a go but like ppozma I don't known what to do. Laughing
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:20 pm

Xmas wrote:I would give it a go but like ppozma I don't known what to do. Laughing
    same here!
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:29 pm

I think I'm working it out, we just post on the thread for round 12 of the predictions league, and probably mention we want to play in the cup?
    As I don't really know all the fighters, especially the lesser known ones, can anyone recommend a good site where I can view their stats? Wiki isn't reliable, and I've heard horrible things about Sherdog!
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Sherdog is the most likely to have a complete fighting history. The worst thing about it is the zoomers who post on the forums.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Sherdog is the most likely to have a complete fighting history. The worst thing about it is the zoomers who post on the forums.

Cheers Moose
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:26 pm

https://thearmbar.forumotion.com/mma-forum-f1/mma-predictions-league-2010-rules-and-registration-t547.htm?highlight=prediction+league

10 points for picking the winner
    5 points for picking the method
    5 points for picking the round/decision type
    30 points for picking a draw

To keep it simple, you are limited to the choice of method and round/decision type.

The methods are:
    stoppage (referee, doctor, KO, TKO, DQ)
    submission (fighter taps, choked out cold)
    decision (any fight that goes to the judges)

The rounds are self explanatory. If you choose decision for the method, then you must choose what type of decision instead of choosing a round the fight ends.

The decision types are:
    UD unanimous decision, all judges for one fighter
    SD split decision, 2 judges for one fighter, 1 judge for the other
    MD majority decision, 2 judges score for one fighter, 1 judge scores a draw.

All main events will be worth double points. In addition, you also nominate one fight as your trump fight, which is also worth double points. A trump fight can NOT be a main event. If a trump fight is not nominated, one will be chosen at random for you before the events start.

For UFC events, you will also be asked to predict the fight of the night, submission of the night and KO of the night. Each of these will be worth 10 points.

Your predictions should be posted on the prediction thread anytime before the first fight begins at any given event. If a round covers two events a week apart, you can post your entry for each event separately, as long as it is posted before the first fight of that event.

Each round will be a maximum of 20 fights from a number of organisations. I will try to keep it to main card fights and known fighters but will sometimes have to throw in the undercard of the WEC or Strikeforce events to ensure enough fights for a round. The very occasional boxing or K-1 match might also be added, but only major ones. A league table will be posted after every round.

also you only can score the RD and Method points,if you predict the correct winner of the fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:25 am

Wiki's records are normally quite relaible and Sherdog has most of the fighters records in the world. Useful for the lesser fighters you haven't heard of before.

Also every round you have one Trump you can use. Thats where you can get double points for the fight you predict if you get it right, it can't be any fight highlighted though. Always best to go for the fight where one guy is a major underdog.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:35 pm

sorry to "nit pick" but Aoki vs Kawajiri counted as a submission right??

he didnt tap nor was he choked out Wink and the ref stopped it.

how about this one:?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_718dOW09k
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:00 pm

I would say that any joint dislocations or bone breaks from submission attempts,throws or takedowns would all be classed as submission stoppages.
    Even when coleman did Shoguns freak arm injury,I'd say that should,for the purposes of this compitition go down as a sub stoppage and not a KO type stoppage.

I think the stoppages should just be down to KO's,DQ's and if the ref stops the fight because the fighter is taking to much damage from strikes.

We'll have to see what Ginginho thinks since it's his game.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:02 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I would say that any joint dislocations or bone breaks from submission attempts,throws or takedowns would all be classed as submission stoppages.
    Even when coleman did Shoguns freak arm injury,I'd say that should,for the purposes of this compitition go down as a sub stoppage and not a KO type stoppage.

I think the stoppages should just be down to KO's,DQ's and if the ref stops the fight because the fighter is taking to much damage from strikes.

We'll have to see what Ginginho thinks since it's his game.

Yeah it's like Payne says - if there is any doubt then I use the listed result from somewhere on the web.

I did originally have the rule so that the Aoki one would have been a stoppage but it was changed to save confusion

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:53 am