THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Ramapge speaks about everything

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Ramapge speaks about everything Empty Ramapge speaks about everything

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Rampage says he will fight Evans for Free in any Gym! Evans was mouthy saying he would almost fight Rampage for free. Evans isnt popular with most fans still. Reportedly backing out of the Rampage fight originally and reportedly turning down a Couture fight. I think Rampage is a cool guy, Evans would have some balls to accept that challenge! Below is what Rampage said
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make no mistake the UFC treated me a lot better than Pride. If you get hurt in training in a UFC fight then will send you to the best doctors. If you get hurt in a Pride fight most of the time they will tell me “oh you better take care of that!” The UFC will always let you know in a timely matter who you will be fighting & give you enough time to train but with Pride if I knew 4 weeks ahead I would be happy cause most times they just give you a 2 weeks notice. Pride will rip you off on your merchandising but the UFC would find someway to hook you up on merchandising deals. Pride will make fights easier for certain fighters inside the ring (like standing up fights early). With the UFC whatever happens, happens. The only thing I see the UFC needs to fix in this area is to get better judges. Ones who know about MMA & not from the boxing world.

The reason why I’m talking about all this is that I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if UFC would have respected me more & rescheduled the fight about a month or more in my hometown, which I know fights can be rescheduled because of the Matt Hughes & Matt Serra was postponed due to injuries. Instead, Dana went on the internet and started talking bad about my decision. All we had to do was come to a certain type of agreement or understanding, which later came after a lot of trash talk from Dana. My manager flew to Vegas and talked to them and tried to work things out like a MAN. And still I keep quiet and I didn’t talk trash back on the internet. The only reason why I’m even talking now is because I feel like I owe my fans an explanation because I am a MAN…a real MAN. Yeah, I made good money with the UFC – more than Pride – but I made both shows more money than they made me. I didn’t care too much about Pride treating me like crap cause I was an American in a Japanese company. Now in my own country, I feel like I’m being disrespected. Everything is not about how much money you make. You could be the richest man in the world but if nobody respects you then it don’t mean shit. You can’t buy respect. It should be earned. And that’s what I’m all about.

Now Rashad wanna put his two cents in. Rashad remains to be a boy under me. He wins a few fights, and some of them I thought the judges fell asleep during the fight and woke up and saw him playing with his nipples and guessed he won. He knocked Chuck Liddell out when Chuck wasn’t even the same man anymore. And now he thinks he’s on my level. Yeah he talks about how he beat Forrest and I lost. But when I fought Forrest that was the worst Rampage I had ever seen. And I still know in my heart I won that fight. So now he’s Mr. All Cocky and says I got a big mouth and talk a lot of smack. If my memory serves me correctly, he’s the one that got into my face after the Jardine fight and started talking trash when he was the one that was originally supposed to fight me that night, but he told Dana on the phone he didn’t want to fight. He wanted to keep his belt longer. Now, I’m not saying whether or not I would have beaten Machida, but I wouldn’t have went out like a bitch like the way he did. So I’m the one that was looking forward to the Rashad fight the most. I have always been a fighter my whole life. As a kid my family treated me like shit which made me the person who I am today. This is why when I meet people I treat people the way I want to be treated (unless they approach me wrong or piss me off). I grew up thinking that I wasn’t even important to my family which made me not even care about myself. That’s why I can get knee-ed in the face fifteen times and come back for more. That’s why I can get my legs seriously hurt in a fight and still try to win. That’s why I can get my ribs broken in a fight &andnot tap out because my whole life I never thought I mattered to anybody or anybody cared about me. But now I have kids that love me and care about me and I’m not used to people caring about me but it feels good! I’m a very loyal person. Wolves are the most loyal animals on the planet. I was very loyal to the UFC, but now I owe all my loyalty to my kids… the ones who really care for me. The majority of my fights on the street I fought for free and they all were with emotion. I am a fighter, I will always be a fighter but my professional fights that were fought with emotion, I ended them all in devastating fashion. I am the wrong fighter that should fight pissed off professionally. I don’t even consider it fair. So Rashad says he will fight me for free. I will gladly meet him at any gym & fight him just to shut his mouth up. And I mean that for real!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also said....

“[Rashad] is probably happy as hell that I took this movie instead of whoopin’ his ass and he’s trying to play it up like he’s not. That’s all he is, he’s all talk. I did a show with the guy for six weeks, I know what he is. He’s all talk, it’s all show. If there wasn’t cameras or stuff around or nobody to grab his ass he wouldn’t do half the things that he did. Now he’s talking all hard, like he’s gonna hit me in the face? All he’s doing is really pissing me off more and more. I will go to Rashad’s house, knock on his door, drag his ugly ass out into the yard, let him play with his nipples first and knock him the fuck out. Like Rashad says, we’ll do the fight for free. I want him to put his money where his mouth is so I can knock his teeth out and give him some change, the boy needs a change, his mouth is too big but he ain’t nothing. The boy ain’t fought the people I’ve fought, he ain’t got the experience I’ve got. He’s barking up the wrong tree so he’s gonna get pissed on for real.”
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Ramapge speaks about everything Empty Re: Ramapge speaks about everything

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:00 am

less talky, more fighty.

if he really wanted to fight him for free, they were in a gym with a cage together for 10 weeks, they had ample oppurtunity.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:38 am

Im a fan of Rampage but I though he was stupid to leave UFC over Dana bitching about him... its what Dana does he runs his mouth. Evans would be an instantly loveable character if he did go to a Gym and beat him down! I wouldnt see a top contender in UFC risking it or Dana allowing it though! I think we will see this fight happen next year when Rampage is an out of work actor! Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm bored of Rampage and his constant waffle.

If he really wanted to fight Rashad he would have fought him. Let's not forget it was RAMPAGE that backed out of the original fight. Not Rashad. It's all well and good Rampage saying all this stuff now when he knows full well that the show is wrapped and that he's gone from the UFC.

Rashad would IMO beat Rampage. But Rampage is off to pretend he's Mr.T so we may never find out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm