THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Adrenaline MMA (Spoliers)

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Adrenaline MMA (Spoliers) Empty Adrenaline MMA (Spoliers)

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Everyones favorite fighter Tim Sylvia picking up a win... He looks in a little better shape and showed off some heavy hands... Im not a fan of Tim but Id like to see him in the UFC or Strikeforce. The Mercer KO made him drop a lot of places on any rankings but I think he can be top 10 again just due to his size and decent enough striking and TD defence.

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/21199/Tim_Sylvia_vs_Jason_Riley_Adrenaline_IV

Houston Alexander keeps his UFC contract with a TKO win. As we all know he can really bang. He just needs to knuckle down and get some sort of a ground game if he is to be a serious contender. He looked great against a journeyman but its a long road to the top of his devision in UFC.

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/21200/Houston_Alexander_vs_Sherman_Pendergarst_Adrenaline_4
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Adrenaline MMA (Spoliers) Empty Re: Adrenaline MMA (Spoliers)

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Nice one Rudeboy, I know everyone hates Timmeh but he isn't THAT bad, he just has a poor attitude. If I were him id fight Mercer again to show everyone that was a fluke because you can't go into the UFC with that loss unavenged. I think he would be good for SF, Rogers vs Sylvia would be afun little match.

Alexander beats a guy he definitley should beat, Pendergast is a joke. If he improves his ground game he can be a decent fighter. I think they should book Alexander vs Kimbo soon, that would draw loads o fans and would be a fun slugfest between two heavy hitters and glass chins.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Good win for timmeh, he actually threw a punch which is more than he has thrown in his previous 2 fights, he can still be a top 10 guy, but i seriously doubt whether he will ever be champ or contender again.

As for houston, very impressive performance he chopped that guy down badly, but he was facing the 2nd worst UFC fighter of the modern era (after Jason "strangebrew" Thacker) who offered no defence or offense. He should use leg kicks more often, it will help keep the fight on the feet, where he is miles better than he is on the ground.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Yeah the Kicks worked well but they were against a sitting duck! I think UFC are a bit harsh on Tim, he was a title contender no time ago I think he would fit in well to UFC, A figth with say Herring or Kongo would work for me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content