THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Armbar prediction league rules

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

prediction league - Armbar prediction league rules Empty Armbar prediction league rules

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Rounds featuring one or more events will be posted and you will be asked to pick the winner, method of victory and which round the fight ended or in the case of a decision, what type of decision.

You get points for the following:

10 points for picking the winner
    5 points for picking the method
    5 points for picking the round/decision type
    50 points for picking a draw or a majority decision

You only get points for method and round/decision if you pick the winner correctly.

To keep it simple, you are limited to the choice of method and round/decision type.

The methods are:
    stoppage (referee, doctor, KO, TKO, DQ)
    submission (fighter taps whether by submission or by strikes, choked out cold)
    decision (any fight that goes to the judges)

The rounds are self explanatory. If you choose decision for the method, then you must choose what type of decision instead of choosing a round the fight ends.

The decision types are:
    UD unanimous decision, all judges for one fighter
    SD split decision, 2 judges for one fighter, 1 judge for the other
    MD majority decision, 2 judges score for one fighter, 1 judge scores a draw.

MD was the least common method for a fight to end last year so I have made this a 50 pointer, the same as a draw, if picked correctly.

Main events and title matches will be worth double points and will be listed in the rounds draw in red. In addition, you also nominate one fight as your trump fight, which is also worth double points.

You may NOT use your trump on a fight already worth double points.

Some rounds where there is 3 or more events in one round,you will be given 2 Trumps,but you can only play one Trump per event.

If a trump fight is not nominated, one will be chosen at random for you before the events start.

For UFC events, you will also be asked to predict the fight of the night, submission of the night and KO of the night. Each of these will be worth 10 points if predicted correctly.

Your predictions should be posted on the prediction thread anytime before the first fight begins at any given event.

Changes will not be accepted to an event once the first fight of that event has started.

If a round covers two events a week apart, you can post your entry for each event separately, as long as it is posted before the first fight of that event.

If for any reason you have to miss a round of predictions during the season,you will automatically score whatever the lowest score of that round was.

I think that covers everything,but if I've missed anything or you have any suggestions,please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by payneNglory1 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

prediction league - Armbar prediction league rules Empty Re: Armbar prediction league rules

Post  poz Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Just a suggestion? I know some people missed a round last time, and I would of had to, if you/Mrs Payne hadn't helped out. Would it cause many problems to allow each person to miss a round once a season, and get the same points as the lowest score?

I think Ging generally did this anyway, but it might be helpful it was in the rules. We can all forget, or have things crop up at short notice.

Just a thought, I'm happy either way.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

prediction league - Armbar prediction league rules Empty Re: Armbar prediction league rules

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 pm

That sounds fair to me,especially now summers here and more than likely,more people will be going away on their hollidays at some stage.

If everybody is all good with that,I'll happily add that to the rules.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Good job Payne. How many rounds is there going to be mate do u know at this stage? Just so I can plan the cup around it. Smile
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:20 pm

With regards to to a missed round, sounds okay to me, as poz said, this has been done before and has been an unwritten rule pretty much.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:29 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Good job Payne. How many rounds is there going to be mate do u know at this stage? Just so I can plan the cup around it. Smile

you'll have to wait to see how many players you get first,but as for how many rounds,I'm not quite sure,but since we have got over that mini UFC break,I'd say there will be roughly 3 - 4 rounds per month,so probably about 12 - 16 total rounds to a season.

This month I'll probably break it up into something like this.

Bellator 67 & UFC on Fox 3 - May 4th - 5th

Bellator 68 & UFC on Fuel 3 & Bellator 69 & Strikeforce - May 11th - 19th

Bellator 70 & UFC 146 - May 25th - 26th

this is just a rough plan,other events may be added.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 pm