The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

All Pride Events...

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

All Pride Events...

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 pm

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/boxing-fighting/36406-all-pride-events-megavideo-links.html

I though that this is a link that should be posted again! If anyone hasnt got it saved to your favorites Id recomend doing so. Pride was the biggest and best MMA show ever. It made UFC look dull in comparision. Not Only was Pride in a bigger arena, with a Bigger (and argueabally more knowlegable) crowd with flashy intros Fireworks etc.. It was just a better show.

The fights were more action packed with more enphasis on striking as Pride was in a ring. This ment no hugging against a cage and no stalling the action (as stalling the action or avoiding a fight got you a yellow card and you lost 10% of your pay)

Also there was often tournaments were fighters would compete a few times a night, these events were far bigger than anything UFC has put on IMO. Seeing Liddell Beat Overeem, Only to loose to Rampage who went on to Loose to Wanderlei in the same night was something else.

Lastly Pride had openweight tournaments every so often, This was great as it pitted all sorts of fighers agaisnt each other we would ordinarily not see. A lot of people arent keen on the Idea as bigger fighers have an advantage but under Pride rules in a close 50/50 fight the Smaller man would get the nod, Also the smaller man could pick the rules as to wether kicks and knees to a downed opponent were allowed...

I really miss Pride, Dream and Sengoku havnt been able to capture the magic of Pride. To me it was the pinicle of MMA and something that UFC have not been able to recreate.

These Pride events are propper MMA history, You get to see Fedor become the worlds greatest figther, You get to see Wanderlei's 5year dominance as Champ and true MMA legends like the gracie hunter and Minowaman!!!

If your new to pride feel free to ask me or any of the other guys affectionatly dubbed "Pride fanboys" for advise on which one to watch but the full lineup of the events are posted below the video links...

Again Big thanks to Chesthair for posting it.. it is truely the best website ive ever seen!!
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Re: All Pride Events...

Post  manschesthair_utd on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 pm

and you get to see Crocop!!! What a Face
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:30 am

Sorry for bumping a really old topic but.....

Does anyone know where they have gone???? Sad Sad
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:13 pm

i assume they have been taken down because they were on megavideo.

p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Could someone check this link out for me as i dont have time here...

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-571960-Pride-1

If this link works then i will be able to provide links to all pride events.
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Speaking of CroCop...he's been offered a contract by K1.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/15835-exclusive-crocop-reveals-k-1-offer-talks-future-facebook-and-pat-barry

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:42 am