THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Man alive - SPOILER

Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Man alive - SPOILER Empty Man alive - SPOILER

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Man alive - Bones v Gus - great fight, been a while since I have on the edge of my seat for 5 rounds like that.

Altho Rogan seemed to be calling it for Gus TBH I didnt see how he had done enough to be taking the belt away. Interestingly tho bones obviously had problems fighting somene his size, altho he didnt look as fluid as he usually does so potentially just a bad day at the office - he could hardly walk when he left the ring. No denying either man's heart tho.

Still think he will eat glover alive

Now to go watch the rest of the fights Cool 
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Man alive - SPOILER Empty Re: Man alive - SPOILER

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Agreed, I thought it was a great fight. It could well be that Jones's size difference has been the biggest factor in his meteoric rise, regardless, I think that he just about won it. I gave rounds 1 & 3 to Gustafsson, rounds 4 & 5 to Jones and 2 almost even, with a slight edge towards Jones (48-47). I honestly think that Gustafsson was about 35 seconds away from taking the decision though, as he was winning round 4, until that elbow.

Rest of the card was decent too (if you can handle the nonsense being spouted out of Rogans during most of the fights).
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Great fight !

I had Mauler 48-47 but I would't argue If It was the other way round though close fight but Jones 4 Rounds to 1 was bullshit.....Speaking of bullshit again Rogan and Goldie were painful to listen to. I do believe they need to ditch the both or at least consider adding a 3rd man to the booth obviously a ex-fighter.

Overall the card was decent but to me something off maybe It was the crowd who I thought was poor all night barring the Main Event or the fact the main card featured Scrub vs. Meathead on a PPV Main Card and Black GSP making love to Costa for 15 minutes.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:15 pm

The combination of Rogan and fans who appear to want kickboxing bouts, have resulted, in me switching the sound off tbh.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:05 pm

enjoyed the whole night bar carmont - phillipou

Rogan was all about Gus in the main event.

Gus did brilliantly,fought like a warrior and really impressed,who would of thought he would,over and over again,do what collegiate wrestlers like Bader,sonnen,hammill and the janitor couldn't do,stuff Jone's takedown and also get a takedown himself,it was brilliant to watch,I was actually gutted for him when Jones finally got the takedown in the 5th,but no way did Gus win that fight to me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm