THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Mryzyz
GSPfan11
6 posters

New channel same shit

GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

New channel same shit Empty New channel same shit

Post  GSPfan11 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 pm

I bought BT sport and have so far been impressed with what I've seen. That new breakfast show presented by Lovejoy is brilliant and when they had Bones and Gustafson in the studio I thought both came across very professional and with the new shows they are making regarding MMA (mainly ufc) I got excited. HOWEVER having sat down to watch UFC Beyond the Octagon - I was horrified to see that greasy haired prick Gareth A Davies sat in the studio. Now I'm sure the guys very pleasant in person blah blah blah but he used to ruin the old Setanta sports MMA show for me and I must admit I'm a little pissed to see him on my TV again. Also these 'Fight Nights' the UFC put on always have ridiculous amount of adverts and that has carried on now they've moved to BT sport. Anyone else find it highly annoying or am I just over reacting?

Anyway to sum things up Gareth A Davies is a prick and these fight nights are not to be watched live!
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

New channel same shit Empty Re: New channel same shit

Post  Mryzyz Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 am

I can't see how anyone could watch a UFC event in real time.

The ratio of bullshit preamble to actual fighting is terrible. When you have adverts as well it is ridiculous.

Anyone else have BT cut out midway through the Browne-Reem fight? the picture only returned a few seconds before the KO.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Mryzyz wrote:I can't see how anyone could watch a UFC event in real time.

The ratio of bullshit preamble to actual fighting is terrible. When you have adverts as well it is ridiculous.

Anyone else have BT cut out midway through the Browne-Reem fight? the picture only returned a few seconds before the KO.
    Agreed, I never watch them in real time these days, it took me about 2 hours to watch the 6 hours of UFC programming for the last card, and I didnt miss a thing.

oh...and when the signal cut out during the Reem fight i felt like throwing my remote through the TV, luckily it came back before the finish.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 pm

I didn't watch Saturdays event live but I do watch some events live when the wife is on nights. I gota admit when a fights on that I've been looking forward to for ages I find it hard to sleep so its sometimes just easier to sleep on the sofa an set an alarm.

I'd totally forgot about the signal, in the interview with Rogan he said Browne was seconds from being finished before the knock out. Was he on about the knees an GNP we saw or did something happen when the signal went aswel?

Also I am not a fan of these new camera angles, hope they don't persist with them.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Mryzyz wrote:I can't see how anyone could watch a UFC event in real time.

I know what you mean especially with the non PPV Events the adverts are annoying but I have to say like all the Big Boxing Fights personally I have to watch them live not too keen on watching events next day.

As for the 'Beyond the Octagon' It's pretty bad Gareth A. Davies is beyond annoying his whole 80's Yuppie mannerisms are nauseating, Felt sorry for that Caroline sort he tried but seemed Clueless. I did like Pearson though ever since TUF Smashes Pearson has really grown on me he comes across well in the media.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 pm

I'd still watch UFC events live if I wasn't working at the time, miss all the times watching whilst on chat box with some of you guys. Still massively regret missing Anderson-Weidman live.

Really mixed feelings about Gareth Davies. He's done so much legitimising the sport in this country but there aren't really many analysts I like less than him.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:02 pm

I recorded the 2nd episode of 'Beyond the Octagon' Tuesday night, God It was awful Gareth A. Davies is beyond awful in fact the show is worse than the old Setanta show sure the set is very nice as is Caroline Pearce but Davies is horrendous and his voice.....Yuppie, Yuppie & Yuppie.
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi guys just wondered if any of you was aware of the Apple TV, I have mine jail broke so it can accept the Xbmc media centre, and on the 1channel you can watch ufc events all the way back to ufc 1, and the recent events are on only a few hours after they are broadcast, minus all the ad breaks and in HD quality! It's marvellous I'd definitely recommend it for those with an average broad band connection (3 meg) it's not just ufc it's pretty much all mma orgs. Just thought I'd share that with you guys!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm