The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

AHAHAHAHAHA

Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

AHAHAHAHAHA

Post  Mryzyz on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:10 am

the fuck
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Re: AHAHAHAHAHA

Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Spoiler:
    It should have happened sooner, imo, my only disappoitnment, is that it was Weidman to do it. No problems with fighters trying to get into other fighters heads, but the whole lack of respect shown by Silva in previous fights, as well as this one, was sickening.
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:01 pm

If you haven't seen Anderson v Weidman yet, leave the thread...

I don't see what is disappointing about Weidman being the one to fell Silva, he absolutely deserved it and had Andersons number.

This isn't like other fights where Anderson was displaying his superiority with his showboating. He resorted to those antics as that was all he could do, if he had went after Weidman he would have got taken down, and he wasn't able to counter effectively at all. He could do nothing to Weidman.

Weidman would win any rematch, not that Silva wants anything more to do with him.

Machida and Mousasi are the only possible threats to Weidman at this point in time.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Just not a huge fan of Weidman that's all (no doubt that the lad has talent). With regards to Silva showboating because that's all he had left. Nonsense, imo. We've all seen Silva time and time again, use the first 1-2 rounds as a feeling out process, he stuffed the takedown attempts with relative ease and I have no doubt, had he not started with the dropping of hands, he would have gone on to win that fight. I saw nothing, in the first two rounds, from Weidman, that I had not seen before the fight. I didn't think he would win beforehand, and I still don't believe that he would win any rematch (again though, Silva seems not to want this), this is not to say, that Weidman will not progress and become a top class fighter, but I just don't believe he's in the same league as Silva. Please let's not fall into the same trap as we have with other fighters (Lesnar as a prime example), I still feel that Weidman has a lot to prove, but I've been proven wrong in the past. I for one will not get carried away by the result, Weidman did not so much win the fight, as Silva lost it.
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Silva was stuffing takedowns with ease when he had his hands by his side. Had he not he would not have been able to stuff them, not all of them at least.

When in the past Silva used the first rounds as a feeling out process he wasn't getting hit semi-cleanly multiple times. He wasn't able to land on Weidman at will like against Okami, Bonnar et al. He was still losing a decision if the fight continued in that manner.

How was Silva supposed to win exactly? A mistake by Weidman was the only way, which was why he was trying to goad him into one. The only thing he could consistently land on Weidman were leg kicks.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

We could debate that all day, but we saw less than 10minutes of a possible 50minute fight. How many times have we seen Silva lose the first round and a bit, and then still win with ease. As I say, don't get me wrong, I dislike Silva's antics, and totally see a big future for Weidman, I just fail to see how 8minutes or so, has suddenly propelled Weidman into GOAT status. Silva was hailed by many, as GOAT prior to last nights fight, and I did not see enough to claim that Weidman was a better fighter, just that Silva got lazy and caught. With regards to Weidman, I would like to see him against the likes of Vitor (although unless that fight were to happen in Brazil, I don't see it happening at all), or Jacare. I was ready to claim Cain as the future of HW after only 5 fights, but not quite ready to hail Weidman as a future (or current) great, until I've seen more. This is one rematch that I would have loved to see.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Not gonna lie I was jumping around like a lunatic at around 5:30am, I'm still in disbelief but I'm so delighted this has happened to Silva the lack of 'hespect' he has shown to his opponents doesn't bother me the thing that does is that Silva is nothing more than a Roy Jones Jr rip off act. And It was quite fitting the great man was in attendance to witness his humiliation.

I just had that feeling Weidman would win because he is probably the only fighter in the UFC that has not been mentally beat before and actually entering the cage. His confidence and mentality was the key to his victory he wasn't fazed by Silva's shenanigans one bit.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Silva was clowning about, you saw when he failed to slip a punch the 1st time he sorta tries the hands by his side dodging punches again and its clear he doesnt respect Weidmans hands.

In a way youve to remember that is often Silvas tactics, he tried to pull the same cage-a-dope as he did with Bonner with Weidman but its just a level of over confidence. And over Confidence cant be an excise of you giving away the fight. Wand was overconfident with Leben and he lost. Andersons loss is the same to me.

Weidman means business and I dont want to let Andersons bad over confidence take away from a win, Anderson used bad tactics and judgement and got caught. Weidman used the Sonnen tried and tested moving forward and mixing in TD's and it worked. That to me shows Weidman is a gameplan type of fighter and look at where that got Randy.

Randy didnt have any skills that matched up with top level guys, he was a wrestler, not the best one around and hadnt got subs, wasnt a KO artist but used what he had. For me Weidman showed the type of cool head even when his opponent messes around, stuck to a sound plan and won. Unline Randy he has top skills to go with it, Wrestling, BJJ and Striking as well as being a BIG 185er.

The rematch will show it all and im sure we are seeing one. Weidman could win again, Anderson with his hands up might end up put on the ground and pounded like in the 1st. Weidman is good and explosive at a low takedown and those low hands help stuff double legs.

Machida, Belfort, Mousasi or Rashad dropping as he said he would take a "Sexy" fight at 185, id wouldnt even mind seeing him defend against someone other than Anderson and let Anderson do some sort of superfight when he comes back. GSP still said he would fight at a catchweight and isnt avoiding him. Maby Anderson trying to take the 170lbs belt would be best for his legacy?
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:16 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing oh gosh...i was laughing so hard this morning. this trumps 'hello japan' as the funniest thing i have seen in MMA, just because its anderson, and for years - every time he taunts the opponent and drops his hands, i would think 'i really wish he gets clocked here' ...and the inevitable finally happened.

BTW ben, i put Wand vs Leben in the same category as Fedor vs Werdum, they were overconfident and got caught...nothing really funny or overly embarrassing about it.

Anderson was taunting his opponent, showboating, clowning about, and got steamrolled. Laughing 

GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm not buying Andersons antics at all, he was basically begging Weidman to keep the fight standing. Taking the piss was his was of trying to goad him into making a mistake. If there's a rematch obviously you wouldn't be surprised if Silva Knocks him out but Weidman was very clever in his attacks. Even when he was within striking range he didn't give him many chances to counter. In a rematch I agree with some comments, Silvas hands will be higher thus making it harder to defend a take down. Well done Weidman, been a long time coming and I'm glad it was him who done it.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Anderson wants a rematch Feb 2014. I dont think Weidman should wait. Thats 6 months sitting on the sidelines. A New young champ should be defending straight away. He hasnt the most star studded CV so id like to see Belfort fight him, Big name and a deserving challenger.

They could fight before the end of the year never mind Feburary. I wouldnt even mind Anderson havng a rematch after he wants to come back, no problem with him walking into a title shot after a 2nd round KO loss but I dont see why Weidman needs to wait for him.

Evans would drop to 185 for a title shot. Machida may feel he is stepping on Andersons toes but maby not. Belfort is clear cut number 1 contender but he he has to get a win so be it. Jacare with a win is right up there too, Rockhold bearly took that title off him and thats his only loss in 10 fights! If he gets past the king of all gatekeepers in Okami he has earned a shot in my eyes. Mousasi is dropping too, a win for him would put him up there.

The devision has a lot of challengers ready to go 4 in his own weight class and 2 who could drop down.

Anderson can sit out 6 months, when he comes back why not a Lhw supefight against Jones? Loss or not Anderson is a big a fight at Lhw as anyone.
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Supposedly Anderson wants the rematch this year, and is super motivated, which would be interesting to see.

In the meantime I hope the Belfort vs Mousasi fight comes to fruition so there is an outstanding number one contender at 185.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:05 pm

That would be a great fight, Silva vs Weidman II has been made so I think Vitor should fight Mousasi. Mousasi has more fights uner his belt than Vitor, held the SF and Dream Lhw titles, Cagewarriors and Dream Mw Titles as well as fights over 3 weight classes much Like Belfort. I dont think Belfort should be turning his nose up at the fight. Also they both love their Boxing and I think it would be a treat for us fans to see that fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 am