The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Hendo open to going back to 185lbs?

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Hendo open to going back to 185lbs?

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:40 pm

I wonder where Hendo would fit in to the 185lbs devision now? His fight with Evans was competitive enough but you could see where bigger guys can just overpower him, Evans was able to put him into the fence and wear him down and at Evans is a guy who talked about a move to 185lbs.

Hendo only really has the gas tank to fight one round and in that round he could still KO anyone including Heavyweights. I think he should accept he has that 1 round gas tank and try plowing though 85ers insted of bigger guys at Lhw.

Im sure Wand would be open to a 195lbs fight to help him move down.

Hendo vs Boetsch
    Hendo vs Phillippou
    Hendo vs Cung Le
    Hendo vs Brian Stann

A load of fighters who would stand and bang with him and a win over any puts him right up there with the top contenders

I dont see him winning a title but Id like to see him mix it up with fighters who will put on a show against him.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Re: Hendo open to going back to 185lbs?

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Hendo said he was open to the move and said he weighed 204lbs and didnt miss a meal. This is Hendos actual walking around weight I reckon. He was drinking water before the Fedor fight to make sure he was over 205.

Its not even a big weight cut.

There is nothing between him and Shields size wise, Hendo is literally the smallest 205er. I said before I think he could make 170lbs if he was 20 years younger, Id like him back at 185lbs where he is only slightly undersized. He is still good enough to hang with Machida, Shogun, Evans who are top of 205, I think he could be a contender at 185.

Id love to see him fight Belfort again before he retires if he gets back up there.
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:44 am

I'd hate a Wand rematch, at this point in Wands career it'd end badly and I'd probably cry
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:55 pm

It's not a huge cut for him,but at his age and at this point of his career,i don't think hendo's cardio would last him a full round at 185.

I believe it was purely down to his cardio issues when cutting to 185 before,that made him go back to 205 in the first place.

It's a shame,it looks like he'll not be getting his shot at JJ or the LHW title now,but I don't think he'd get a chance at 185 either.

Personally I think he's better off staying at 205,where he's stronger and has,not the greatest granted,but better cardio than he has at 185.

He has managed to go the distance with 3 top tier 205ers,5 rds with shogun,but all 3 fights,even though he slowed towards the end where close,where as the last time at 185,it was just sad to watch,yeah he went the distance with Sheilds,but he was fucked after a round and sheilds just ended up laying on an exhausted,helpless hendo for 4 more rds to get the win.

I personally don't want to see him like that again.

give him Thiago Silva next.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Again, not certain that he has the cardio to last at 185, pity, because with his chin and that right, you'd give a chance against anyone in the division, I would have loved to see how JJ fared against a younger version of Hendo. I'd love to see him matched against the likes of T Silva like.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 am

What about a Nog rematch? If he stays at 205 it works, it would be nice to see one old Legend get a title shot. Nog just beat Evans but would be coming back from Injury and Hendo just lost a close SD to him.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am

Honestly don't think that's a a good idea for Hendo he's never looked like a world beater @185 I still remember him struggling with Misaki & Bustamante and of course him gassing hard against Shields.

Don't see Hendo being a Title challenger again I do think he'll be used as an attraction fighter like Couture was towards the end of his career.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Suppose he probabally has more of a gas tank at 205 and its bad enough there. Nog seems the logical matchup if they are both out for a bit. I think Hendo turned it down before because he wanted a bigger fight but with Nog being as high ranked as he has been in UFC it works well now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 pm