THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Book Review: GSP The Way of the Fight

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Book Review: GSP The Way of the Fight Empty Book Review: GSP The Way of the Fight

Post  Ginginho Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 am

Not a bad book by quite an uninteresting person. I thought Greg Jackson was more involved with his career but he was barely mentioned. More Kristof Riboux, John Danaher (who sounds like a hard dude!!) and Firas Zahabi who each get their own sections.

It is written a little like a self help book, going over some of the techniques he uses to prepare and train for fights while not giving too much else away.

Some quotes people might find interesting...

On fighting: "During the fight, my job is to win by fighting as little as possible"

On Jon Fitch: "It was my favourite fight. Fitch kept attacking me... No matter what I did, he kept coming.... He is the most resilient opponent I have ever faced."

On being distracted in the cage: "...he was leaning on the fence and I was standing over him... I looked up and saw a really sexy woman... I realised it was Cindy Crawford... I kept staring at her until I caught sight of the man sitting next to her. I thought "Her husband is pissed off at me"... I took one last look and went back to work"

GSP seems to be a highly motivated person with a very strong work ethic and his success comes from that. He does come across as someone who sincerely wants to be a martial artist, not really as a fighter.

It was quite interesting in parts but not enough "gossipy" type shit to be really good. I wasn't really expecting it to be honest, as he is a really genuine, respectful person.

I would recommend it if you are a fan

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am