THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Whos Rampage going to fight outside the UFC?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Whos Rampage going to fight outside the UFC? Empty Whos Rampage going to fight outside the UFC?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Win or Loose whats Rampage going to do with himself?

Bellator is the clear cut number 2 place to go with SF gone... but they arent letting their guys go over to Japan and get their asses kicked any more.

I reckon Rampage will try to get some Action movie parts but wont have much luck unless he gets one soon because if you arent in the UFC the general public are going to forget you quick enough. Unless they watched the A-team....

I think he could go back to Japan as a few fights or wrestling matches and he is a superstar again. A fight with Mo is all Bellator have for him, Japan dont have much but maby a Hw fight with Crocop?

I dont know what WSOF contracts are like but Rumble vs Rampage? Spong making a gentlemans agreement not to take him down Laughing or even Arlovski at a catchweight if Rampage was living the good life. Thats 3 fights that id love to see him in.

If he can remain a free agent and not get tied down with regards to Japanese fights WSOF would be a good fit.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Whos Rampage going to fight outside the UFC? Empty Re: Whos Rampage going to fight outside the UFC?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:56 pm

I can see he him ending up in Bellator no they are on Spike and obviously a fight with King Mo will do well even though it seems the pair have now squashed their 'beef'.

He would a great pick up for ONE FC.
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Whos Rampage going to fight outside the UFC? Empty Re: Whos Rampage going to fight outside the UFC?

Post  gre660wl Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Manhoef or has he retired? No chance of manhoef takin him down!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Nice one mate id love to see that. I think Manhoef would be too much for Rampage (and 99% of other MMA fighters) to handle standing. Id love to see if this stand and bang attitude would stick once Bombs were flying form Melvin. Id back Rampage to win MMA but K-1 or a fight he refused to Wrestle id back Manhoef. What about yourself?

Crocop vs Rampage really needs to happen, I wonder if Rampage is open to K-1 fights again? I dont want to see King Mo out wrestle him and him become Bellators number 2 if even in their empty Lhw devision.

Soko vs Rampage would be great too.

Yvel will stand with him, id like to see that too.

Not too down on Rampage loosing or moving on from UFC, he is getting on in years for a fighter and if he wants to go out with a few fun fights outside UFC fair play, let him take those fights and enjoy himself. Probabally not a smart move but sure he is a grown man whatever he wants to do.

The reason I think he should have stuck with UFC he didnt disgrace himself in that fight, If Glover is up there in the top 10 now I think Rampage is top 15 still. It was a good performance compared to recent fights.

He would KO Forrest Griffin. Why not take that fight against a guy who is fringe top 10... Why not a rematch with Shogun that everyone has wanted? Shogun and him are both on the slide and I couldnt see a fight being at all uneven. Rampage has a lot of big money fights in that devision, ONE win against either of these guys and he would be talking about a fight with Sonnen if he looses, Maby Hendo/Machida looser... BIG MONEY FIGHTS.

The guys ive named apart form Crocop wont get him a UFC pay day id imagine. Money talks and I think Rampage might sit out a while and realise the offers might not be what UFC are throwing his way.
    AlanVanDamme
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  AlanVanDamme Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm

I think he should just call it a day. He's not the same fighter anymore.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm