THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Who is next for JDS?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Who is next for JDS? Empty Who is next for JDS?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 pm

I was just thinking with Overeem fighting Bigfoot and then probabally on to the title where does it leave JDS?

He has already demolished most other ranked heavies in one sided beatdowns. Cormier said he wants Mir and will move to 205 after so not him either.

I dont see Carwin, Nelson or Mir being an option,

Maby Struve vs Hunt winner? - Probabally only likely if its Hunt.

Werdum rematch if he doesnt get a shot by beating Nog? (I dont see this as an option because the winner will only be ready to fight by the end of 2013)

Barnett if he comes to the UFC?

The only other half passible fight IMO would be Travis Browne who really only lost due to getting injured against Bigfoot.

Who do you think is up next for him? Will it take more than 1 impressive win to secure a rubbermatch?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Who is next for JDS? Empty Re: Who is next for JDS?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Barnett providing he wins this weekend would be a great fight to make maybe even a fight with DC considering he won't fight Cain.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah either of those would be good, I dont like Cormier calling out Mir, If he is expecting a shot at Jones after 1 win he should go after someone higher ranked than him which Mir isnt, JDS would be Ideal.

Aparently Barnett is sick going into this fight, If he looses UFC wont take him im sure of that he is a lot of hastle. Ive always wanted to see Mir vs Barnett myself.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 pm

I like Barnett or Overeem/Silva loser for JDS. Don't really fancy him going down to the Nelsons/Gonzagas/Carwins of the division again, no interest in seeing him beat up on guys he already has done.

Barnett would be my first choice just because of his durability and how generally well rounded he is, I think if it was a five round main event it adds extra intrigue because we've now seen how JDS stamina was an issue against Cain. Give him a guy like Barnett, with the durability and stamina to take him into those latter rounds.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Mir is a step down for Cormier from Barnett IMO, especially after a convincing victory.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:26 am

Agree Chesty.

For JDS, the only one of the guys he's beaten that I'd want to see him fight again is Werdum.

I think the Bigfoot/Reem loser would be good as well.

Barnett's the big draw against JDS for me though. That could be a hell of a fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:06 pm

I would actually love UFC to bring in either Sergei or AA to fight him, I think getting him in a high profile striking battle may not prepare him for Cains wrestling but it would keep bloodthirsty people who want to see bombs thrown happy!

Bigfoot is an interesting fight though I know they are good friends, Bigfoot said he would fight Junior if UFC threatened to fire him so he doesnt sound keen on the fight.

That and with a loss to Overeem I dont see him as a passible opponent, If Bigfoot looses and Gonzaga wins Id think they should fight.

For sure Werdum is the only interesting rematch because the 1st was over so quickly and Werdum was in a career worst shape.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 am