THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Title shots in 2013?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Title shots in 2013? Empty Title shots in 2013?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm

So Who do you guys see getting title shots this year?

Hw: Overeem seems 1st in line if he gets past bigfoot. Id say Werdum after that if he gets passed Nog. JDS will get a rubbermatch I reckon but I could see Werdum getting in ahead if him. If Nog beats Werdum I could see a Nog vs Barnett rematch for a title shot.

Lhw: Cormier will cut to 205 in 2013, Machida will get a rematch as well. I think although Gus was told he will get one I could see him having another fight, Maby a Davis rematch?

Mw: God knows if Anderson will defend at all! Bisping is next in line if he beats Belfort but I see him getting KO'd. I think Lombard or Weidman will fight their way to a shot but I can see the belt only getting defended once.

Ww: Diaz is getting his shot next, After that Hendricks vs Ellenberger winner. I think Nate Marquardt will have to win 1 in UFC before he fights GSP.

Lw: Gil is walking straight into a shot, Alvarez has been promised one as soon as he joins too. Id hope if we get 3 defences that Pettis will finally have his moment.

Fw: Edgar is up next, Siver and Swanson say their bout is a number 1 contenders bout so I can see that happening. ID like to see the Korean Zombie fight the winner of Lamas Koch for a shot also.

Bw: Barao defends against MCDonald, winner gets Cruz. Assuncao or Wineland should get a chance at a rematch with Faber to see if they are ready for the top.

Fly: Dodson gets next crack at the title, The winner of Benavidez vs McCall seems logical to be next up. Moraga is top of the pack after that I think he should fight Uyenoyama or John Lineker to get to the top.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Title shots in 2013? Empty Re: Title shots in 2013?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Actually I could see Rockhold vs Anderson happening, Anderson actually made noise about fighting him before.

Wonder where Jacare will fit in to the Mw title race as well. The devision certainly will pick up with these 2 in it.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 am