THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

UFC 158 Main Fights Announced

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 158 Main Fights Announced Empty UFC 158 Main Fights Announced

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 pm

So,

GSP vs Nick Diaz for the title. The humper vs the stoner
    Jonny Hendricks vs Jake Ellenberger. Whoever lands first.
    Rory McDonald vs Carlos Condit. Not a personality to be seen anywhere close to this fight.
    Cote vs Sakara. Watch the back of the head!

UFC 158 Main Fights Announced Ufc_1511
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

UFC 158 Main Fights Announced Empty Re: UFC 158 Main Fights Announced

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm really surprised at the Main Event but considering GSP has fought who ever they have thrown at him at 170 and never complained I don't really begrudge him this fight If he wants It that bad.

The 3 under card fights should be good I have this feeling Ellenberger is going to upset Hendricks It's just a hunch I have with this fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Hendricks vs Ellenberger is a real Pickem fight, Ellenberger probabally more well rounded striking wise but Hendricks is probabally one man that packs more 1 shot stopping power. Only thing I have in Jakes favor is size. Hendricks isnt a HUGE welterweight, Id imagine Jake is taller, rangier and cuts from heavier... I remember thinking Story looked bigger than Hendricks and used that strength, maby same here? Ill stick my neck on the line and go for the underdog in Ellenberger too cowboys.

Aparently these big names at Ww have been put on the same card so if Diaz messes up drug tests or pulls out they have a replacement on hand which im sure Hendricks and co have been told.

GSP over Diaz. I know Bendo vs Nate isnt the same fight but Ive a really bad feeling that GSP will have too good a gameplan and make a Condit style kicking and running attack mixed with Takedowns and nothing from them. 5 rounds is a long time to play that game with Diaz because he can catch him in a Sub or with a KO. But gotta favor GSP over one of my favorites.

Rory vs Condit is a supprising one, a win over Condit would put him a fight away from GSP. Ill have to watch the last one but I remember Condit doing a lot of kicking but getting dropped or hurt. Im backing him to win again with hit and run tactics.

Sad to say but Diaz loosing to GSP is the result im most confident in Mad
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

It'll be enjoyable to watch Diaz become gradually more enraged as GSP shuts him out. I just don't think Diaz has the kind of one shot power he'd need to really have a great chance at winning, and GSP has too much to his game to just disrupt Diaz for 25 minutes. Don't have too much issue with Diaz getting the shot, the UFC has given out way more completely undeserving title shots than this. And it's not like GSP hasn't already faced nearly every great welterweight ever.

I'm still not completely sold on Hendricks, I don't think he's a striker of some incomparable skill that can't be stood with. I thought it was pretty telling that he revealed after the Kampmann fight that he only started practicing a lead hook - left straight combination a week before the fight. I'm just not sure if Ellenberger is that kind of fighter capable of exploiting technical deficiencies in a powerful fighter. Both Ellenberger and Hendricks tend to be better at overwhelming technical fighters with their power, so this could be both of them slightly outside of their comfort zone.

Favouring Mcdonald against Condit this time, but Condit has made more improvements to his game than he's being given credit for. Rory isn't the only improved fighter going into this match. Condit's boxing has come a long way since their first fight, Rory has generally sharpned his game all around. Should be fireworks.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 pm

What a devision Ww is, Maia and Fitch are fighting soon after so Id like to see Maia vs Fitch winner vs Rory vs Kampmann winner to get into the contender spot because im guessing GSP isnt fighting Silva any more because Dana pointed out he had too many contenders.

Backing Maia to beat Fitch, Fitch will never be a striker and I think were going to see Maia really look good on the feet down at Ww, Honestly I wouldnt rule out Fitch being on the bottom, Maias trips are great he took Sonnen down and I could see it happen again if he could back Fitch up on the feet who I think will be Gun shy or at least hesitant to get into a brawl after a KO.

Hendricks vs Ellenberger next shot
    Maia/Fitch vs Rory/Condit 2nd

Id like too see Alves trying to get in the Mix a Kampmann rematch would be great because he really threw that one away. Story will get back in the mix too soon, he beat both Hendricks and Kampmann.

Some cracking fights, Hope Nick stays in MMA if GSP beats him there are a lot of great fights and people in the devision who will fight his sort of fight, Kampamnn and Alves for example would be amazing scraps and both are happy to trade leather.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm