THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Wanderlei vs Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 March 3rd

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Wanderlei vs Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 March 3rd Empty Wanderlei vs Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 March 3rd

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Mw: Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann
    Hw: Stefan Struve vs Mark Hunt
    Lw: Diego Sanchez vs Takanori Gomi
    Ww: Siyar Bahadurzada vs Kim Dong-Hyun
    Mw: Riki Fukuda vs Brad Tavares
    Lw: Cristiano Marcello vs Kazuki Tokudome
    Bw: Bryan Caraway vs Takeya Mizugaki
    Bw: Alex "Bruce Leroy" Caceres vs Kang Kyung-Ho

This is going to be some card! Crazy to think years ago that Wand and Hunt slugged it out in Japan.

Love this card though, Wand staying at 185 was a supprise, This will mark the 1st time since Ive posted online I havnt backed Wand to win. People have exchanged wins at Mw,

Le lost to Wand but beat Franklin who beat Wand
    Bisping beat Stann but lost to Wand...
    Wand lost to Leben but Stann beat him...

It seems a devision where a lot of the contenders could exchange wins with each other but I dont like anything about this fight. Stann has more 1 shot KO power than Silva at 185, also better Chin, Wand could outgrapple him or get back to kicks and knees but I dont see it. I see a repeat of the Leben fight and me upset! Laughing

Good to see Diego back where he belongs at 155, epic fight expected against Gomi, their styles should make for a war! Reckon he will win though, Gomi has only shown brief glimpses of the great figher he was. Where as Diego is still decent and before the Penn whooping at 155 looked the best he did in years.

Hunto vs Struve is great, pure freakshow fight the Japs will eat up. Im backing my boy Hunt. Partly due to my undying blind loyelty to the Old guy in fights! But Struves chin + Hunts power = a Brutal KO and I dont think Struve will get Hunt down easily.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Wanderlei vs Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 March 3rd Empty Re: Wanderlei vs Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 March 3rd

Post  efils_god Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:05 pm

This should be fun card, hope it holds up.

Wanderlei is going to sleep probably, and then will hopefully retire....
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei vs Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 March 3rd Empty Re: Wanderlei vs Stann at UFC on Fuel 8 March 3rd

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 pm

I think Stann and wandi are fighting at 205lb for this fight.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 am

I just saw that too payne. Bit odd. Stann says it is temporary for him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:52 pm

No mission of Wand winning, I dont see how he wins unless he suddenly decides to try his hand at grappling. 205 favors Wand who looked a different man at 185, he was almost Ivrin like and his Cardio and Power took a hit.

205 might favor him but I still see them trading and Wand going to sleep. If he looses this Perhaps its time for UFC to force him to retire like they did Liddell.

Wonder if he will be working with Blackhouse much coming up to this or just the Kings MMA crew?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 am

Why is this fight at 205? It should be at 195 if Stann is only going up for 1 fight. Wandi's going to sleep again unfortunately. He's going to wade it throwing haymakers and Stann is going to step and throw, his fist will meet Wandi's chin and the last thing the crowd will hear is Wandi's snores as they try to wake him up.

Hunt against Struve? They should just show the crowd a tape of Struve vs Nelson. My money is one this ending the exact same way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am