The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

DREAM will hold a new year's eve event!

manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

DREAM will hold a new year's eve event!

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:02 pm

http://www.dreamofficial.com/free/news/detail.php?id=1351000944

the announcement regarding the NYE event and their new regime will be on thursday (I'll update this thread then). Kawajiri, Takaya, Kitaoka expected. It will be interesting, i assume they are no longer affiliated with K-1.

the new years eve tradition continues! cheers
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Re: DREAM will hold a new year's eve event!

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 pm

any good memories of new years eve fighting from PRIDE and K-1?

shockwave
    dynamite

shockwave
    dynamite

shockwave
    dynamite

Yarennoka!

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Cracking news mate! Aoki will fight im sure. For me Minowa winning the Super HLUK belt was the best, Soko is as legit a win as that guy will ever pick up.

JLB vs Minowaman this year for the Title.

Hope Hellboy fights as the event, Maby he could meet Aoki at 150lbs and have Aoki test the waters to see if he can make 145lbs.

Looking forward to it wonder how it came about?
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 pm

I think Aoki isnt that certain to fight, apparently he damaged his relationship with those guys when he vacated the title.
    I expect KID Yamamoto to fight, one of the mainstays of new year fighting down the years.

and JLB/Minowa is a great call! Laughing

Its came as a complete shock to me, will be interesting to hear the announcement about whats really going on.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:15 pm

I hope it's true and they can get a good New Years card together,but at the moment,I'll believe it when I see it.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:I think Aoki isnt that certain to fight, apparently he damaged his relationship with those guys when he vacated the title.
    I expect KID Yamamoto to fight, one of the mainstays of new year fighting down the years.

and JLB/Minowa is a great call! Laughing

Its came as a complete shock to me, will be interesting to hear the announcement about whats really going on.

I wonder if OneFC will allow fighter to compete if its a one off? Id love to see it kept around as a yearly thing but even a 1 off is a nice supprise.

Dan Severn to get his retirement fight there, he said he is hanging em up this year, what a way to do it. If Ol Ironhead is still alive after the Uberknee stick them 2 togeather in a retirement fight.... with Fireworks and things like the japanese love! Laughing

Glad Crusher will fight, I want to see him keeping busy he is one hell of a tallent at Featherweight. Couldnt see Bellator allowing their guys to go over and compete, think overseas competition got soured a bit for them after Nam vs Dantas!
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Maby Ishii? Id like to see him fight Monson or maby Duffee at Hw, Rimbon is a good free agent to move back to 205 against but maby Soko for more name value?

Any word on him Chesty? He still at Blackhouse?
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:54 pm

apparently ONE FC CEO Victor Cui mentioned a DREAM NYE event in an interview on eddie goldmans show. There was also something from DREAM about possibly working with ONE FC and/or Glory, the kickboxing promotion.
    M1 co-promoted the last NYE show with Fedor didnt they, they've got a sizable stable of fighters if they could work something out.
    ...and you would assume the usual suspects will dust of the cobwebs and fight on the card, Tokoro, Lion Takeshi, Miyata etc

Havent heard anything from Ishii apart from that he is under contract to Super Fight League and his scheduled fight was cancelled.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 am

I got a text today telling me that Fedor could be tempted back for one last fight, against CroCop.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:19 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:I got a text today telling me that Fedor could be tempted back for one last fight, against CroCop.

I wonder if he will be waiting on CC fighting Rizzo? If Mirko won against him as impressivley as Fedor did he would make a good case for it. Personally id like to see CC get another 2 wins and make himself a top 20 guy again. Maby AA or Sylvia. It would matter more to Fedor's legacy to beat CC coming off a couple of wins.
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:38 am

to be honest i'd rather crocop stays in kickboxing, ive been impressed with his return to the sport...and his recent MMA showings have been pretty bad.
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:59 am

no fight announcements (press conference is tomorrow) but this is new information:

The upstart GLORY promotion will team up with DREAM to stage the traditional New Year's Eve show in Japan.

According to a GLORY official, details of the partnership will be announced at Thursday's press conference in Japan. The official would not confirm or deny whether the partnership would extend past the NYE show.

The event, which will be held at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, on Dec. 31, will be entitled "GSI Presents DREAM 18 - Special NYE 2012." Several bouts are also expected to be announced at Thursday's press conference.

GLORY, which is owned and operated by Glory Sports International (GSI), is primarily a kickboxing promotion. It made waves earlier this year when it purchased rival promotion It's Showtime.

The promotion's third event is scheduled to take place on Nov. 3 in Rome, Italy, while it's fourth event is slated for Dec. 2 in Japan, which means the organization will hold two combat sports cards in Japan in December.

GLORY's personnel is made up of hedge-fund investors, the sports marketing agency Total Sport Asia and several executives from Golden Glory and the former It's Showtime team.

Good stuff! GLORY is #1 in kickboxing right now ahead of Its Showtime! and the new K-1, they have MMA fights/fighters on their roster too.
    I expect the makeup of the card to be like Dynamite, with kickboxing and MMA, even though its an official "DREAM" event.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 am

The chap who text me is a friend who lives in Tokyo and worked for Pride for about 2 years in their marketing department before leaving to take up some high up marketing role with one of the baseball teams over. I'm not sure how good his connections are these days so can't be certain if he's got solid info or just heard a rumour and gotten carried away.

I'd rather see Fedor not return to MMA tbh, I'm at peace with his retirement, and like Chesty, I'd prefer to see CroCop stay in kickboxing.

Random idea, Fedor vs CroCop in kickboxing rather than MMA??
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Sergei Kharitonov is confirmed to be fighting in MMA at this event.

...unofficial poster but still cool
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 am

also rumoured to be fighting on the card, making his MMA debut is Robin Van Roosmalen, one of the best and most aggressive -70kg kickboxers in the world, a real KO artist. just lost in the final of the GLory world tournament to Petrosyan.

Always exciting to see top strikers move to MMA, especially because he has a blackbelt in Judo, which i know doesnt neccessarily make him a great grappler but at least its something.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Holy Shit! Judo is far better in a ring than it is in a cage, sure any of the lads on here who have done it would agree, With that level of Kickboxing its similar to having great TDD in a cage. Dont know him but love a Kickboxing Judoka! Any fights youd recomend to watch?

Sergei is a legned, great to see him fight anywhere. Bring on Ishii! Twisted Evil

Maby Sakurai vs Whitemare rematch for that Cuveted Dream WW title? Laughing Id like to see it.

Im busting to see if Minowa is fighting more than anything mate. Balls to fighting guys his own size. Wheel out Tank Abbott who is probabally fat enough to qualify as a freak (especially with the Wig) and make them slug it out! Aparently Minowa wanted no part of a fight with Baroni so Id bet a freak fight would make him happy.

Any Gracies? There are a load of them about right now it seems!
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 pm

the 2011 its showtime tourney was his big arrival. He is a bit of a brawler and couldnt really touch Petrosyan in their fight, but i think its a great style for MMA.

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Thought I was watching for the guy in the red in the 1st one, Laughing that boy had some serious Hoost style at times, but didnt want to loose those good looks!

When I heard them saying his name I recognised it, Maby fought on Eurosport over here.., seems Solid enough and with a BB at Judo and only 23 seems he could do well.

Love any K-1 fighter and Judo for he is an absolute treat to watch, Cant wait for this event.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:also rumoured to be fighting on the card, making his MMA debut is Robin Van Roosmalen, one of the best and most aggressive -70kg kickboxers in the world, a real KO artist. just lost in the final of the GLory world tournament to Petrosyan.

Always exciting to see top strikers move to MMA, especially because he has a blackbelt in Judo, which i know doesnt neccessarily make him a great grappler but at least its something.

Depends on whether he IS a blackbelt or whether he HAS a blackbelt. Same as with BJJ. If he's a real blackbelt, then he'll be a great grappler, if he has one for turning up to classes every day for a set period of time, then he probably isn't. Judging by his age and where he's from, I'd say it's the latter. No great Judo schools in Holland, and their female Judokas are normally better than their males because the lads tend to go into kickboxing more often that not.
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 pm

At least he has more than most pure strikers coming into MMA! The rumours are that his first MMA opponent will be K1 vet, Jienotsu Nagashima (3-2 mma), the guy who KO'd Aoki.

Both very aggressive, but Van Roosmalen should have the better of the slugger Nagashima in striking.
    ...grappling is anyones guess, if he is a blackbelt they you'd probably give him the nod there too.
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:31 am

GLORY 4 Tokyo will be moved from its original date of December 2 and will be combined with the DREAM 18 event on December 31. This includes the Grand Slam tournament, which is a 16 man, one night, heavyweight tournament.

Details from the press conference include that the show will be around seven hours and will feature 15 GLORY kickboxing fights and 7-9 DREAM MMA fights. The event will be broadcasted on SkyPerfectTV in Japan,
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 pm

http://www.gloryworldseries.com/system/uploads/featured_item/image/32/big_G4T_1200x350px_final8.jpg

apparently Sergei will compete in MMA and the kickboxing tournament....on the same night.

oh and Ray Sefo is having a pro-wrestling bout scratch
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 am

Manhoef v Kang and BiBi vs Maeda has been added.
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 pm

manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:38 am

the MMA fights at this event are under ONE FC rules.
    hello soccer kicks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:45 pm