The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

MMA Prospects at the Olympics

Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Re: MMA Prospects at the Olympics

Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 am

Sheldan wrote:William Hill are offering odds of 6/1 that Joshua will win either a WBO/IBF/WBC/WBA world heavyweight title by 2020.

For those unfamiliar with betting, that means if you place a £10 bet, you lose £10.

haha! That's fucking brilliant!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 am

I think the Savon decision was a disgrace I couldn't believe Joshua got the nod in that fight and as for Cammarelle I did think he won although It was closer than the Savon fight I just didn't think he did enough. Soon as I seen Cammarelle was only 1 point up after the first Round in which he Joshua in huge trouble at the end ant landed around 7 or 8 clean shots I knew Joshua was going to get some home cooking.

Hopefully the on going rumors of a complete overhaul of the AIBA rules happens the sooner the better It seems there on about ditching head guards and using the 10-9 system essentially adapting Pro rules.

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:I think the Savon decision was a disgrace I couldn't believe Joshua got the nod in that fight and as for Cammarelle I did think he won although It was closer than the Savon fight I just didn't think he did enough. Soon as I seen Cammarelle was only 1 point up after the first Round in which he Joshua in huge trouble at the end ant landed around 7 or 8 clean shots I knew Joshua was going to get some home cooking.

Hopefully the on going rumors of a complete overhaul of the AIBA rules happens the sooner the better It seems there on about ditching head guards and using the 10-9 system essentially adapting Pro rules.

Thank god Amature scoring just doesnt work, it doesnt reward knockdowns enough, a foul looses you 2 points but a knockdown only gets you 1 (the same as a scoring jab)

I really hope for the Brazilian olympics they change things up. Joshua really did get some puzzling decisions, the Cuban mauled him I though, I could see a KO if it was a 6 rouder.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Also relying on 3 old men to push a button in quick succession means Combos dont often score, I remember in the last round of the Barnes fight he hit a few body head combos that didnt score clearly...

Bodyshots are often overlooked too scoring wise, I remember from watching my brothers amature fights thinking that the judges didnt press the button a lot of time for bodyshots.

The 10-9 system wont fix this but I find Pro scoring gives a more accurate result.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:54 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Also relying on 3 old men to push a button in quick succession means Combos dont often score, I remember in the last round of the Barnes fight he hit a few body head combos that didnt score clearly...

Bodyshots are often overlooked too scoring wise, I remember from watching my brothers amature fights thinking that the judges didnt press the button a lot of time for bodyshots.

The 10-9 system wont fix this but I find Pro scoring gives a more accurate result.

The scoring system ruined amateur boxing for me, I can hardly watch it anymore. And even though there was some dodgy decisions under the old 10pts must system, it has to revert back.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:03 pm