The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news


    Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Share

    Poll

    Whos next?

    [ 1 ]
    17% [17%] 
    [ 4 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    16% [16%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

    Total Votes: 6
    avatar
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6040
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Belfast

    Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  rudeboyben84 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:58 pm

    I think Diaz is probabally a bigger name than any, Id love to see Anderson cut and meet him as at a catchweight even 180lbs. He talked about it for GSP and its similar to his fight with Forrest, he isnt going after a lighter weight champ so I think its an amazing superfight.
    avatar
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1270
    Join date : 2011-01-19
    Age : 34
    Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Cowboys From Hell on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:22 am

    Weidman for me, Fair play for Nick/Caesar wanting to fight Silva but he has no chance of beating Silva It would be a one sided beating I don't see what Nick offers at least Weidman has his grappling to threaten Silva Nick has nothing IMO.

    I don't want see Silva fight smaller men like Diaz or GSP I'd rather he step up and fight a credible LHW If his team doesn't feel there isn't anything at 185.
    avatar
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1024
    Join date : 2009-08-17
    Age : 44
    Location : Auckland, NZ

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Ginginho on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 am

    I have a feeling it might be Weidman next, who I reckon will try the Sonnen blue print on beating Silva. But only because of the lack of other contenders.

    Bisping and Stann have both lost to Sonnen in their last 1 or 2 fights so I can't see how they are in the picture.

    Boetsch - no way. Same as Franklin. I can't see how Belfort-Belcher could be contender fight - both have average recent wins rankings-wise, other than perhaps Belcher over Palhares. And Belfort has recently lost to Silva.

    Leaves Weidman who has had a couple of good wins lately but that's about it.

    I would like Silva to retire or do something different, like superfights. Maybe Diaz would be ok but I reckon Silva would waste him. A fight with Jon Jones (that ones already a no) or Fedor (too retired) could be a great way to end his career.
    avatar
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1270
    Join date : 2011-01-19
    Age : 34
    Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Cowboys From Hell on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:53 am

    I want Weidman to get the shot but I don't think he will If Lombard had beat Boetsch this wouldn't have not been up for debate as we know he would of the Boetsch has thrown a big spanner in the works.

    Personally I think Anderson's camp are waiting and hoping for Bisping. If Bisping beats Stann you can bet he get's named the No 1 contender, Financially the fights is bigger, certainly more marketable and this is what Dana has always wanted to give Bisping a title shot he knows people will pay to see Bisping get maimed by Silva. Although he doesn't deserve the fight IMO I think this is what will happen either on the end of year show or in Brazil in some Football Stadium.
    avatar
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6040
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:23 pm

    Styles make fights and Condit is better at running away than Anderson.

    Condit was lucky he got the judges who agreed with the hole in MMA scoring and let him exploit it but he didnt really beat Diaz in the way Boetsch didnt really beat Lombard, he exploited a hole in MMA scoring where some judges dont noitce who is on the front foot or dont credit it as "octogon controll" correctly.

    Look at Diaz against fighters who came to fight, I dare say Paul Daley is among the best strikers in the Ww devision. Id back him to beat 90% of Ww's and Mw's in a striking only fight and Diaz bacme the only man to stand and strike with him and win.

    Sonnen used Boxing to drop Anderson but it seems no one thinks Diaz could when im on MMA websites.

    I think Diaz would give Anderson a close fight and a different challenge than he has faced before.

    I think Weidman isnt a bit name yet. Munoz was over rated, Hamill beat him, he needs another big win because honestly the average casual fan doesnt know him and will see thins as another Leties type deal where they are just throwing him someone to keep him busy,

    I keep reading that not many people watched the Weidman vs Munoz fight so Surely Diaz would be the biggest draw of potential contenders?

    Seems both guys managers are up for it and are wanting to see what fans think. You have to say Diaz always make for a great fight to watch at least and him vs Anderson would at least be a great standing fight no matter if Anderson KO'd him early or not.
    avatar
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1162
    Join date : 2009-08-23
    Age : 49
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:58 pm

    For me, Silva still has questions to answer, Sonnen dominated him for 6 of 7 rounds, the ideal man to ask those questions, would be Wediman. Of the fighters mentioned, I don't see Boetsch being good enough to pose much of a threat, similarly Bisping/Stann winner, and again with either Belcher or Vitor. As much as I love watching Diaz fight, I just don't see him beating Silva. If Silva were to have any 'Superfight', I would much rather it be at LHW.
    avatar
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6040
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:19 pm

    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:For me, Silva still has questions to answer, Sonnen dominated him for 6 of 7 rounds, the ideal man to ask those questions, would be Wediman. Of the fighters mentioned, I don't see Boetsch being good enough to pose much of a threat, similarly Bisping/Stann winner, and again with either Belcher or Vitor. As much as I love watching Diaz fight, I just don't see him beating Silva. If Silva were to have any 'Superfight', I would much rather it be at LHW.

    Only problem is that I dont see any 205ers with the balls to call him out, Rashad evans at 195 would be awsome. I dont want Weidman to get a title shot.

    I dont think any Mw diserves one fight now, Let Weidman fight the winner of the one of the other big matchups or fight Boetsch and let one clear contender emerge. I see Weidman as ahead of the pack but he has what 2 good wins to his name? A win over someone like Belfort or Bisping would cement his contender status, what about fighting Sonnen?

    Either way Id take a fight with Rashad or Diaz over any Mw right now since Lombard has such a flop.

    Although secretyl Id love to see him and Machida fall out and fight at 195lbs!
    avatar
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1162
    Join date : 2009-08-23
    Age : 49
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm

    I understand where you're coming from, but, at MW, the only fighter I can see, giving him a run for his money, would be Weidman. No problems with making Weidman fight any of the other 'contenders', but, as you say, there isn't exactly a huge amount of MWs with a realistic chance out there. A fight against Rashad would be one that I'd love to see, but IMO, it's more likely that it will be either Weidman, or (and I pray not) the winner of Bisping/Stann.

    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

    Posts : 247
    Join date : 2009-11-14

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  kavik2 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:15 pm

    rudeboyben84 wrote:Styles make fights and Condit is better at running away than Anderson.

    Condit was lucky he got the judges who agreed with the hole in MMA scoring and let him exploit it but he didnt really beat Diaz in the way Boetsch didnt really beat Lombard, he exploited a hole in MMA scoring where some judges dont noitce who is on the front foot or dont credit it as "octogon controll" correctly.

    Look at Diaz against fighters who came to fight, I dare say Paul Daley is among the best strikers in the Ww devision. Id back him to beat 90% of Ww's and Mw's in a striking only fight and Diaz bacme the only man to stand and strike with him and win.

    Sonnen used Boxing to drop Anderson but it seems no one thinks Diaz could when im on MMA websites.

    I think Diaz would give Anderson a close fight and a different challenge than he has faced before.

    I think Weidman isnt a bit name yet. Munoz was over rated, Hamill beat him, he needs another big win because honestly the average casual fan doesnt know him and will see thins as another Leties type deal where they are just throwing him someone to keep him busy,

    I keep reading that not many people watched the Weidman vs Munoz fight so Surely Diaz would be the biggest draw of potential contenders?

    Seems both guys managers are up for it and are wanting to see what fans think. You have to say Diaz always make for a great fight to watch at least and him vs Anderson would at least be a great standing fight no matter if Anderson KO'd him early or not.


    Weidman should get the next shot (Sonnen has shown the way to get at Anderson), can't see how you would call a fight with Diaz who hasnt proven himself to be the best in his weight division a "Superfight" Diaz beat Daley standing but was very close to being sparked himself in that fight.

    Evans at a catch weight would be interesting, other than that if Anderson beats Weidman he should IMO move up a division for any Superfights, although other than Machida (no chance of that fight) and Jones the LHW division doesnt seem very stacked at the moment.

    Although I am pretty sure that they are hoping for a Bisping win and an easy pay day and defence for Anderson.
    avatar
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1144
    Join date : 2011-01-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  p4pnumber_1 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:20 pm

    As a big Diaz fan I pray that fight doesn't happen. Anderson would destroy him.

    Weidman should be next. He earned it, more than anyone else anyway, after that destruction of Munoz.

    Ed Soares is a joke saying that he wants either Franklin, Rockhold or GSP. It's extremely unlikely that the Rockhold or Gsp fights would happen. But if he's going to have to fight GSP, now is the time to call him out. And him saying Franklin, seriously? The man hasn't fought as a middleweight in like 5 years.

    Boetsch, Bisping, Belcher, Lombard shouldn't be allowed in the cage with Silva.

    My hope would be for Anderson to vacate the belt and focus only on superfights (He should fight Jones but it won't happen). This would give the opportunity of a tournament to find the next champ. Weidman, Boestch, Bisping, Belcher, Stann, Belfort, Sonnen and Franklin.

    There's only 2 guys at middleweight I think can beat Silva. Belfort and Sonnen. Unfortunately Silva has already beat them both, so can't see either getting another shot.
    avatar
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

    Posts : 583
    Join date : 2009-08-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Leeds

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  sunthunder on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 am

    I like the concept of super fights for Anderson but he'd absolutely kill Diaz, so that fight just seems like a mismatch.

    I'd much rather see Anderson fight light heavyweights. Rashad would be a good opponent, but it's possible he might want to drop down to middleweight anyway, so maybe he'd want to build his contendership in that division first.

    I'd even like to see Anderson fight Rampage. Rampage is durable, he could take Anderson down, he's not going to have a Forrest Griffin style meltdown. Even if it just produced a fight where Anderson picks Rampage apart for 25 minutes, I still think it'd be interesting just to see how much damage he could inflict. Maybe he puts Rampage in the thai clinch and just kills him with knees? That'd be good to watch too. Perhaps Rampage can get him down and work some ground and pound.
    avatar
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6040
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:06 pm

    sunthunder wrote:I like the concept of super fights for Anderson but he'd absolutely kill Diaz, so that fight just seems like a mismatch.

    I'd much rather see Anderson fight light heavyweights. Rashad would be a good opponent, but it's possible he might want to drop down to middleweight anyway, so maybe he'd want to build his contendership in that division first.

    I'd even like to see Anderson fight Rampage. Rampage is durable, he could take Anderson down, he's not going to have a Forrest Griffin style meltdown. Even if it just produced a fight where Anderson picks Rampage apart for 25 minutes, I still think it'd be interesting just to see how much damage he could inflict. Maybe he puts Rampage in the thai clinch and just kills him with knees? That'd be good to watch too. Perhaps Rampage can get him down and work some ground and pound.

    Rampage had the tools to beat Anderson, Infact he could have been a challenge to Bones if he hadnt of moved to the Wolflair. They really ruined him as a fighter.
    avatar
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1162
    Join date : 2009-08-23
    Age : 49
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 pm

    rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Rampage had the tools to beat Anderson, Infact he could have been a challenge to Bones if he hadnt of moved to the Wolflair. They really ruined him as a fighter.

    Without a doubt. Watching Rampage before and after joining Wolfslair, is like watching two different fighters, used to be one of my favourite fighters, now he's just one of the most frustrating.
    avatar
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1270
    Join date : 2011-01-19
    Age : 34
    Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Cowboys From Hell on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:52 pm

    rudeboyben84 wrote:
    sunthunder wrote:I like the concept of super fights for Anderson but he'd absolutely kill Diaz, so that fight just seems like a mismatch.

    I'd much rather see Anderson fight light heavyweights. Rashad would be a good opponent, but it's possible he might want to drop down to middleweight anyway, so maybe he'd want to build his contendership in that division first.

    I'd even like to see Anderson fight Rampage. Rampage is durable, he could take Anderson down, he's not going to have a Forrest Griffin style meltdown. Even if it just produced a fight where Anderson picks Rampage apart for 25 minutes, I still think it'd be interesting just to see how much damage he could inflict. Maybe he puts Rampage in the thai clinch and just kills him with knees? That'd be good to watch too. Perhaps Rampage can get him down and work some ground and pound.

    Rampage had the tools to beat Anderson, Infact he could have been a challenge to Bones if he hadnt of moved to the Wolflair. They really ruined him as a fighter.

    Too right Ben like Pete said it's like 2 different fighters the move from Juanito's camp killed his career (although with the whole money thing It was understandable). Rampage needed someone to motivate and keep him focused at the Wolfslair I don't think he gets that to me he is a Big fish in a small pond there I get the impression they are privileged just to be associated with him.
    avatar
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

    Posts : 583
    Join date : 2009-08-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Leeds

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  sunthunder on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 am

    As I understand it, Rampage likes having a camp that he can push around. He wants to be able to decide he can slack off on a cardio session and go to subway instead without having too much resistance. Given that, you could say he ruined his own career more than the Wolfslair did.
    avatar
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 4621
    Join date : 2009-08-29
    Age : 39
    Location : North Carolina

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  payneNglory1 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:19 pm

    There is no way Diaz's name should even come into a conversation when talking about Silva opponents.

    6-4 at LW in the UFC
    1-1 at WW in the UFC

    Yeah obviously a contender for Silva Laughing

    Diaz hasn't yet properly proved himself in the UFC at the two lighter weights he's fought at,yet people think he would be a good option to fight,not only the MW champ,but arguable the p4p best fighter on the planet,come on,this isn't Japan people. Rolling Eyes

    Jake Shields is 10 times more deserving of a shot at Silva than Diaz is,he's beat the same or better fighters than Diaz,he's won more,lost less and he's actually fought,won and owned a belt at MW,but it would be considered a joke if he got the shot wouldn't it.

    I think it's got to be Weidman personally,unless maybe Hendo can heal up from the arse kicking Jones is going to put on him,and be ready to fight Silva again before the end of the year,giving the UFC a little more time for the rest of the chasing pack of MW's to fight and thin out the field,giving us a more clear #1 contender going into next year.

    The other option,is,I'd like to see Rashad drop down and fight Silva.



    avatar
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 4621
    Join date : 2009-08-29
    Age : 39
    Location : North Carolina

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  payneNglory1 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:06 pm




    Rashad Evans has been considering a drop to the middleweight division in the last couple of months, and it's an idea that seems to be gaining some steam. A coy Evans posted a picture of a staredown between himself and Chael Sonnen on Instagram, then simply smiled and walked away from Fuel TV's Ariel Helwani when asked about the picture.

    However, that's not the only fight with intriguing possibilities for Evans in the middleweight division, as another option presented itself off the top of the head from UFC President Dana White. In a media scrum following Thursday's UFC on Fox 4 press conference, White was asked about Evans' next move, and he had an interesting idea pop up.

    "Rashad? I dunno. Personally I haven't talked to Rashad. I've heard the talks of him wanting to go to 185 or possibly going to 185. I dunno. If he did, he'd have to fight somebody," White said (via BleacherReport.com. "Maybe you do Rashad vs. [Chris] Weidman and the winner of that gets a shot. You know what I mean? That just came off the top of my head."



    Sonnen - Evans sounds like a good match up to me,I'm sure there would be loads of shit talked in that build up.

    Evans has talked about dropping to 185 but Sonnen has also said he might move up to 205.

    If this fight did happen,I'd hope it would be at 185 and not 205,as Rashad would IMO make more of an impact in the MW division,than Sonnen would at 205.

    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 pm

    Can't see Rashad and Chael fighting if I'm honest.

    2 reasons. Firstly, if Sonnen beats him then Rashad might as well retired because he'll be out of the running at two weight classes. and secondly, if Sonnen beats him then Sonnen becomes the number 1 contender against at MW and I can't see Anderson giving him another fight.

    Nicely photoshopped picture that Rashad put up though, must have taken some time.
    avatar
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 4621
    Join date : 2009-08-29
    Age : 39
    Location : North Carolina

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  payneNglory1 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:23 am

    I think Rashad would have to take a MW fight against one of the contenders first before he was given a title shot though.

    So he would face the same risk if he fought any of them.

    If he did drop to 185,who would you think would be a good first opponent?

    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:44 am

    Assuming Bisping beats Stann, I'd pair him with Rashad. Or go with Rashad-Weidman. I think those are easier fights for Rashad than Sonnen.

    I think Rashad could beat any MW not named Sonnen or Anderson for certain.
    avatar
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6040
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  rudeboyben84 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:18 am

    Have andersons camp turned down weidman? It seems a fight that makes sence rankings wise but I think UFC want a bigger draw.

    Evans makes the Mw devision very interesting a fight with Belfort would be great to see too or Lombard if he is performing better down the line. Here's hoping he drops!

    Sonne vs rashad at 195 would work, two guys who just lost to the champs in their own devision and arent getting a shot right away.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:46 am

    I get the feeling that Anderson is waiting to see if Dan Henderson beats Jon Jones and if he does, he'll likely move up and fight Hendo at 205.
    avatar
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1144
    Join date : 2011-01-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  p4pnumber_1 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:30 pm

    Rampage is more of a mismatch against Silva than Diaz is!! Rampage is finished, and will probably never fight again after Glover flattens him!

    I personally don't think Silva has anything left to prove at MW. He should move up and fight Jones, never goin to happen though.

    The fact that Soares has came out and said he thinks Rich Franklin is a suitable opponent for Silva next is a disgrace!!

    If he does stay at middleweight, I wouldn't mind seeing him vs Weidman. But thats about all left at middleweight. I have no interest in seeing the likes of Bisping and Boetsch in with him. The same goes for the 2 best fighters at middleweight other than Silva : Belfort and Sonnen.
    avatar
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1570
    Join date : 2010-10-03
    Age : 24
    Location : Manchester

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Sheldan on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:20 pm

    p4pnumber_1 wrote:The fact that Soares has came out and said he thinks Rich Franklin is a suitable opponent for Silva next is a disgrace!!

    He must have been drinking out of the same cup that Ben has been drinking out of!

    Silva's co-manager has said they want either Evans or GSP next. UFC are a joke for allowing Silva to have the power to turn down fights with the likes of Weidman.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Anderson and Diaz's managment talking Superfight, do you want to see it or something else?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:48 pm