The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Dream are out of Buisiness

payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dream are out of Buisiness

Post  payneNglory1 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:38 pm

DREAM is no more - ceases operations

DREAM is no longer a going business, we learned today from various people in the industry. Multiple sources have confirmed this with MMA-Japan. OF COURSE and I put this in bold print - YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THINGS IN JAPAN but more than one individual has told me the exact same thing.

Earlier, we reported that they had delayed their July event, possibly for the rest of the year. Now, we are being told that DREAM is no longer a going concern.

This will leave a plethora of Japanese fighters without a job and give OneFC the ability to scoop up a roster's worth of very talented fighters. Others may descend upon the USA to try out their ranks with Bellator and on the regional circuit.

Tis' a sad day in Japan.
    Tweet this

http://mma-japan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1483:dream-is-no-more-ceases-operations&catid=49:dream&Itemid=93
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Re: Dream are out of Buisiness

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:42 pm

I read this earlier It is a shame as I will miss watching streams of their 4-6 hours shows and awesome production (The pre fight Promo's are first class Zuffa can not even touch them for this) but I don't think anyone will be surprised really sad for Japanese MMA losing Dream & Sengoku (Official or not). Sad

I really hope we don't lose any of the NYE card's too.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:20 am

Sad day for Japanese MMA but it's been a long time coming.

I hope One FC pick up most of the talent so they can truly be the face of MMA in Asia.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:03 pm

There will always be a place for a japanese MMA organisation. Asias Population is so big a UFC event or 2 a year isnt enough. It would be good if OneFC took over because its Pride rules and as long as we get a massive NYE show I dont care what promotion it is. If Bob Sapp wants to take a dive and get paid id rather it be under Pride rules on new years where he would get a soccerkick for doing it and earn that payday! Laughing

Dont think OneFC will ever reach the levels of Pride or even Dream though. Zuffa Monoploy is slowly taking over, with SF Owned by them and the other major MMA promotion other than Bellator closing.

Im hoping that we see some fighters willing to travel and make a go of it in the US, I think after a few shit showings it seems Aoki doesnt do well under the unifeid rules but could be a Star in OneFC if they are a smaller promotion. I think he is staying in Japan.

Bibiano Fernandes has signed with UFC though!!!?? just WIki'd him, fighting Roland Delorme if its true this is actually great news! He will destroy Faber in a rematch I reckon! Cracking to see a Genuine title contender in the smaller Weight classes signed.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:34 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:There will always be a place for a japanese MMA organisation. Asias Population is so big a UFC event or 2 a year isnt enough. It would be good if OneFC took over because its Pride rules and as long as we get a massive NYE show I dont care what promotion it is. If Bob Sapp wants to take a dive and get paid id rather it be under Pride rules on new years where he would get a soccerkick for doing it and earn that payday! Laughing

Dont think OneFC will ever reach the levels of Pride or even Dream though. Zuffa Monoploy is slowly taking over, with SF Owned by them and the other major MMA promotion other than Bellator closing.

Im hoping that we see some fighters willing to travel and make a go of it in the US, I think after a few shit showings it seems Aoki doesnt do well under the unifeid rules but could be a Star in OneFC if they are a smaller promotion. I think he is staying in Japan.

Bibiano Fernandes has signed with UFC though!!!?? just WIki'd him, fighting Roland Delorme if its true this is actually great news! He will destroy Faber in a rematch I reckon! Cracking to see a Genuine title contender in the smaller Weight classes signed.

cheers Great news, I've wanted to see him come to the UFC for a long time now. Adds to a growing division. I would favour him over Faber as well although I can't see him beating Cruz.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 am