THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
Ginginho
Sheldan
Once Mohawked Pete
Cowboys From Hell
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
12 posters

Belfort is injured, Wanderlei Needs a new opponent

sammyj
    sammyj
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Belfort is injured, Wanderlei Needs a new opponent - Page 2 Empty Re: Belfort is injured, Wanderlei Needs a new opponent

Post  sammyj Wed May 30, 2012 10:21 pm

It's been confirmed lads, he's fighting Rich Franklin at a catch weight of 190
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Belfort is injured, Wanderlei Needs a new opponent - Page 2 Empty Re: Belfort is injured, Wanderlei Needs a new opponent

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed May 30, 2012 10:23 pm

sammyj wrote:It's been confirmed lads, he's fighting Rich Franklin at a catch weight of 190

Good night Wandi, its been a pleasure.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed May 30, 2012 10:40 pm

What makes you think Franklin has this in this bag? He might very well decision him, but he isn't KOIng him.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed May 30, 2012 11:20 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:What makes you think Franklin has this in this bag? He might very well decision him, but he isn't KOIng him.

Theres nothing I would love more than for Wandi to come out and blitz him honestly, I would so love to be wrong here...but this will be Franklin/Chuck all over again.
    sammyj
    sammyj
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  sammyj Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 am

Im hoping for Wanderlei to win by sheer violence, but i dont think it will happen - Rich is too smart a fighter for him to enter a brawl with Silva...
    I agree - think it will pan out similar to the Chuck/Franklin Fight... late stoppage for Franklin I think.

Dont think this is a great fight if im honest - whole card is pretty lackluster at the moment
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Ill always blindly pick Wand to beat anyone... I dont think ive ever gone again him. But say what you want KOing Cung Le is a far bigger achievement to loosing to Forrest who can bearly hang with Tito and has lost interest in the sport.

Rich hasnt been active either he only has had one fight and that was at Lhw since the Liddell fight in 2010.

He will be a year and a half inactive. And this time Wand is used to the weight cut. You can see his Body has changed since the 1st fight.

a 5 rounder does favor Rich the Cardio machine though... I guess im still going for Wandy. I think he will win a hard fought UD.

---------

Cote is getting Cung Le now! Good Call UFC, though I was hoping they would sign Mamed Khalidov.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:35 am

Franklin lost to Forrest because of size. He had a serious size disadvantage in that fight.

I'm always going to go for Franklin, I think it should be his fight. He'll control the fight better and will finish Wandi in the later rounds. It would be interesting to see if Franklin retires Wandi like he retired Liddell and should have retired Shamrock.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:07 am

Franklin will beat Wandi. Did he really lose to Forrest? I thought it was a poor decision, so did a lot of people. And as chelsea says, big size difference.

KOing Cung Le when he's fresh might be a great achievement. KOing him when he's gassed is something Scott Smith did.

Dana must have been reading the armbar and seen my post on the first page of this thread.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:39 pm

I thought Franklin won because Forrest did very little in the fight. All he did was outsize Franklin.

Cung Le is a top fighter for about the 3 opening minutes of the first round. He's 40 years old and more interested in acting than MMA. Could have been a great fighter but he got into the sport too late and never committed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 am