THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
kavik2
Mryzyz
Ginginho
payneNglory1
poz
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
19 posters

Football discussion

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:

Nice to see Kenny Dalglish continuing to embarrass Liverpool last night by the way.

Whats more embarrassing doing an interview and standing up for one of your players and speaking your mind, or, spitting your dummy out and refusing to do interviews?????

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

I would much rather, that the likes of Daglish, Ferguson, Warnock, Hughes and all the other managers, that fel they are above answering questions to the media, were just allowed to STFU. I can understand reactions t 'stupid' questions, but surely they must understand, that the questions asked, are ones that the everyday fan, woud want asked. I have no problm, if I never hear Daglish, Ferguson and the likes, ever again TBH.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Anfield, i know you're a fan of Belhanda so here's the belter he scored tonight against MArseille. Really hope Montpellier take the title.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 pm

efils_god wrote:Anfield, i know you're a fan of Belhanda so here's the belter he scored tonight against MArseille. Really hope Montpellier take the title.

There was a campaign from Marseille fans for them to throw the game to stop PSG winning the title Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 am

Sheldan wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389011/Ashley-Young-Im-diver.html

That article shows that Young was accused of (and rightfully so) diving for Aston Villa plenty of times, while Sunday's incident was one of a few cases for United this season. I don't recall a player coming to United having been a saint and then suddenly becoming a diver, far from it in my opinion. The likes of Ronaldo and Nani started their United careers with a number of dives, and as their United careers continued, that began to stop.

Nice to see Kenny Dalglish continuing to embarrass Liverpool last night by the way.

Ronaldo was just as bad a diver the day he left as he ever was. Nani dives just as much now as he always has.

Berbatov wasn't a diver pre-United. Cole and Yorke the same. All became divers at United.

Embarrassing Liverpool? He'd had enough of the repeated questions. At least he gave an interview.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:56 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I'd like to congratulate Manchester United on winning the PL title this season despite having one of the weakest teams they have had for a while. City don't deserve to win the title and for the best team in England they are really quite weak compared to the Man Utd and Chelsea winning PL teams. Their CB partnership of Lescott-Kompany is pale in comparison to the Terry-Carvahllio and Vidic-Ferdinand partnerships. Just have a look at how bad they were in Europe. This current City side does not intimidate teams like Chelsea and Man Utd have in the past. Mancini will get sacked most likely, not sure who the replacement will be. Interesting to see what happens to Ballotelli, a complete disaster to manage and he's stupidity is quite unbelievable at times but at least he was one of the few City players giving it a 100%.

In other news GET IN NORWICH! Brilliant performance and they have done us a huge favor. Newcastle won as well though, magic goal by Ben Arfa he is real quality. This Newcastle team has really developed into a great side.

Also Young always used to dive at Villa, during the latter seasons.

Firstly, Kompany is as good as any CB that either United or Chavski had, and City's first choice 11 is as strong as almost any team the PL has seen. The difference is in the managers.

Secondly, how bad City were in Europe? They had by far the hardest group of an of the English teams in the CL and with their points total would have qualified from almost every other group and if they were bad in Europe, what were United??

Norwich did Newcastle a favour. But Spurs are still the clear favourite for 4th.

Did Young dive a lot of Villa? I saw limited amounts in his final season and a bit there because they weren't worth watching but he didn't used to.

Kompany isn't anywhere near prime Terry, Vidic, Carvallio or Ferdinand IMO. At their best all could have been considered the best in the world. Lescott isn't even close, he's closer to the likes of Alex and Brown than Terry or Vidic.

I disagree their starting 11 is as good as any PL team. Their attack might be but outside Silva, Nasri and Toure their Midfield lacks quality. Barry, De Jong, Milner and Pizarro lack the quality for the highest level. Nasri has been inconsistent this season although I don't think Mancini has used him as well as he could have and Silva has dropped down drastically in the last couple of weeks.

City were poor in Europe, never looked all that impressive in any of their games. United were comical in Europe this season but as I mentioned this is one of the worst United teams in years which makes their victory in the PL title race all the more impressive IMO. Fergie and Scholes deserve all the credit in the world for United's success this season. Fergie for being able to get the best out of average players and turning them into top performers. Nevermind the likes of Young and Valencia, but just have a look at Johnny Evans who looks like a completely different players in the last few weeks. Carrick as well has had a great season. Since Scholes has returned the United team has looked infinitely better.

They have done us a favor too because it means we still have a chance and spurs are fading badly. Their top 2 players Bale and Modric are looking more and more exhausted by the game.

Not counting this season I watched alot of Villa over the last 2-3 years. One of my close delusional mates was a Villa fan who was convinced every season that they could make the Champions league and as a result I watched a lot of Villa games. At first Young didn't dive because he was in terrific form and defenses had a hard time dealing with him but he was found out after a while and was kept quite. That's when the diving started.

I haven't seen as much of Villa lately, lost interest after O'Neill left, and he wasn't a diver under O'Neill. Did the diving start under Houllier when Villa became shite?

Newcastle are in prime position for that 4th spot now. Chelsea were horrendous against Wigan and Benfica and were let off the hook. I think they've had their bounce under a new manager and will fall off. Spurs have been dire since Capello quit the England job and Harry lost interest in Spurs.

City had some excellent performances in the CL and again in the Europa League. Not as good as in the league, but it was their first time in the CL. They'd have qualified from any other group.

2 of their 4 midfielders, Silva and Toure are world class, Nasri is consistency away from being world class and as a pure DM DeJong is as good as anyone not named Essien or Song. Their best 4 midfielders are as good as any the Premier League has seen. Poor management from Mancini to keep Barry in the team. Pizarro was class, but he's too old now. Milner-Barry-Pizarro-Johnson is an incredible back-up 4. That 4 would start for a lot of teams in the Premier League. They have Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli, nobody has had a group of strikers like that. Poor management again cost them with their strikers. Joe Hart is a fantastic keeper, best in the league. Richards is the best right back in the league, and his back-up, Zabaleta, is probably one of the 5 or 6 best as well. Kompany is the best centreback. and both Kolarov and Clichy are quality players. The second central defender position is their weakness. Lescott is a good player but prone to errors, and Kolo Toure is past his best. If they sign a top class central defender this summer, which they will, and perhaps a Javi Martinez to play next to Yaya, they'll have a team that's almost perfect. Their best 11 is as good as any the Premier League has seen, but they have a poor manager.

Neither Terry nor Rio have ever been close to the world's best and have never been rated as close to the world's best outside of English football fans. Carvalho was far better than Terry and with Cole on the other side, Terry was protected and his mistakes went unpunished. Same with Rio, Vidic and Evra protected him a lot. Typically over-rated English players to be honest. Rio and Terry are better than Lescott obviously, but not close to Vidic, Carvalho or a few others. Kompany this season has been as good as Carvalho or Vidic were in their pomp but he's not had a partner who's been as good as what Vidic and Carvalho had. That being said before their injury and suspension problems they were the best pairing in the league.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57 am

efils_god wrote:Anfield, i know you're a fan of Belhanda so here's the belter he scored tonight against MArseille. Really hope Montpellier take the title.

He's a cracking player. I'd love to have him at Liverpool.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I'd like to congratulate Manchester United on winning the PL title this season despite having one of the weakest teams they have had for a while. City don't deserve to win the title and for the best team in England they are really quite weak compared to the Man Utd and Chelsea winning PL teams. Their CB partnership of Lescott-Kompany is pale in comparison to the Terry-Carvahllio and Vidic-Ferdinand partnerships. Just have a look at how bad they were in Europe. This current City side does not intimidate teams like Chelsea and Man Utd have in the past. Mancini will get sacked most likely, not sure who the replacement will be. Interesting to see what happens to Ballotelli, a complete disaster to manage and he's stupidity is quite unbelievable at times but at least he was one of the few City players giving it a 100%.

In other news GET IN NORWICH! Brilliant performance and they have done us a huge favor. Newcastle won as well though, magic goal by Ben Arfa he is real quality. This Newcastle team has really developed into a great side.

Firstly, Kompany is as good as any CB that either United or Chavski had, and City's first choice 11 is as strong as almost any team the PL has seen. The difference is in the managers.

Secondly, how bad City were in Europe? They had by far the hardest group of an of the English teams in the CL and with their points total would have qualified from almost every other group and if they were bad in Europe, what were United??

Norwich did Newcastle a favour. But Spurs are still the clear favourite for 4th.

Did Young dive a lot of Villa? I saw limited amounts in his final season and a bit there because they weren't worth watching but he didn't used to.

Kompany isn't anywhere near prime Terry, Vidic, Carvallio or Ferdinand IMO. At their best all could have been considered the best in the world. Lescott isn't even close, he's closer to the likes of Alex and Brown than Terry or Vidic.

I disagree their starting 11 is as good as any PL team. Their attack might be but outside Silva, Nasri and Toure their Midfield lacks quality. Barry, De Jong, Milner and Pizarro lack the quality for the highest level. Nasri has been inconsistent this season although I don't think Mancini has used him as well as he could have and Silva has dropped down drastically in the last couple of weeks.

City were poor in Europe, never looked all that impressive in any of their games. United were comical in Europe this season but as I mentioned this is one of the worst United teams in years which makes their victory in the PL title race all the more impressive IMO. Fergie and Scholes deserve all the credit in the world for United's success this season. Fergie for being able to get the best out of average players and turning them into top performers. Nevermind the likes of Young and Valencia, but just have a look at Johnny Evans who looks like a completely different players in the last few weeks. Carrick as well has had a great season. Since Scholes has returned the United team has looked infinitely better.

They have done us a favor too because it means we still have a chance and spurs are fading badly. Their top 2 players Bale and Modric are looking more and more exhausted by the game.

Not counting this season I watched alot of Villa over the last 2-3 years. One of my close delusional mates was a Villa fan who was convinced every season that they could make the Champions league and as a result I watched a lot of Villa games. At first Young didn't dive because he was in terrific form and defenses had a hard time dealing with him but he was found out after a while and was kept quite. That's when the diving started.

I haven't seen as much of Villa lately, lost interest after O'Neill left, and he wasn't a diver under O'Neill. Did the diving start under Houllier when Villa became shite?

Newcastle are in prime position for that 4th spot now. Chelsea were horrendous against Wigan and Benfica and were let off the hook. I think they've had their bounce under a new manager and will fall off. Spurs have been dire since Capello quit the England job and Harry lost interest in Spurs.

City had some excellent performances in the CL and again in the Europa League. Not as good as in the league, but it was their first time in the CL. They'd have qualified from any other group.

2 of their 4 midfielders, Silva and Toure are world class, Nasri is consistency away from being world class and as a pure DM DeJong is as good as anyone not named Essien or Song. Their best 4 midfielders are as good as any the Premier League has seen. Poor management from Mancini to keep Barry in the team. Pizarro was class, but he's too old now. Milner-Barry-Pizarro-Johnson is an incredible back-up 4. That 4 would start for a lot of teams in the Premier League. They have Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli, nobody has had a group of strikers like that. Poor management again cost them with their strikers. Joe Hart is a fantastic keeper, best in the league. Richards is the best right back in the league, and his back-up, Zabaleta, is probably one of the 5 or 6 best as well. Kompany is the best centreback. and both Kolarov and Clichy are quality players. The second central defender position is their weakness. Lescott is a good player but prone to errors, and Kolo Toure is past his best. If they sign a top class central defender this summer, which they will, and perhaps a Javi Martinez to play next to Yaya, they'll have a team that's almost perfect. Their best 11 is as good as any the Premier League has seen, but they have a poor manager.

Neither Terry nor Rio have ever been close to the world's best and have never been rated as close to the world's best outside of English football fans. Carvalho was far better than Terry and with Cole on the other side, Terry was protected and his mistakes went unpunished. Same with Rio, Vidic and Evra protected him a lot. Typically over-rated English players to be honest. Rio and Terry are better than Lescott obviously, but not close to Vidic, Carvalho or a few others. Kompany this season has been as good as Carvalho or Vidic were in their pomp but he's not had a partner who's been as good as what Vidic and Carvalho had. That being said before their injury and suspension problems they were the best pairing in the league.

He dived a couple of times under O'Neil, however MON wouldn't have any of it if memory serves me correct. When MON left and Villa became shite he certainly increased the amount of diving he did. My mate thought O Neil leaving Villa was a good thing at the time Laughing

We've been poor in the last few games and I think it's fatigue. We should probably sack RDM at this stage so we can have the bounce we always do after we get a new manager Laughing

I disagree about De Jong. I rate Essien, Song, Parker, Lucas, Tiote and possibly even Fletcher and Fellani over him. He's a good player and I respect his work rate but he lacks discipline IMO. Barry is shite IMO, lacks any sort of pace or creativity and he's tackling isn't even great. Pizarro was a good player at one point but nothing special. Hargreaves is better than both IMO. Johnson needs to find a new club because no matter how well he plays he is left on the bench. Milner is turning into a utility player.

Tevez has barely played, Dzeko had about 6 weeks of good form and Balotteli has spent have the season getting sent off. City have had a ridiculous transfer policy with strikers, don't forget Adebayor and Santa Cruz are still officially with the club. It's actually a joke the way they've signed so many strikers. Hart is the best keeper in the league, maybe world right now fair enough. RIchards still lacks consistency, I rate Ivanovic and Walker over him. Clichy and Kolarov are good players but they aren't on the same level as Cole and Evra.

I believe we have had this discussion before. I remember telling you that Carvhallo carried Terry and you disagreed. Either way I think both are comfortably better than Kompany, their partnership is arguably the best the PL has ever seen. They only conceded 15 goals in one season (without Cole). Terry has his many faults but he reads the game as well as anyone. Compare that to now where City have the best defense and they have conceded 26 with the season not even finished. Same goes for Vidic and Ferdinand. Vidic is far better than Kompany, Vidic is the best in the world at his best. Prime Ferdinand was better than Kompany and I'm no fan of Ferdinand. During their prime Terry and Ferdinand were considered class by everyone, a plethora of top clubs tried to sign them. Overrated? Ofc they are English but they were still quality. Sad thing is Ledly King probably could have been better than both of him but injuries ruined his career.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

He dived a couple of times under O'Neil, however MON wouldn't have any of it if memory serves me correct. When MON left and Villa became shite he certainly increased the amount of diving he did. My mate thought O Neil leaving Villa was a good thing at the time Laughing

We've been poor in the last few games and I think it's fatigue. We should probably sack RDM at this stage so we can have the bounce we always do after we get a new manager Laughing

I disagree about De Jong. I rate Essien, Song, Parker, Lucas, Tiote and possibly even Fletcher and Fellani over him. He's a good player and I respect his work rate but he lacks discipline IMO. Barry is shite IMO, lacks any sort of pace or creativity and he's tackling isn't even great. Pizarro was a good player at one point but nothing special. Hargreaves is better than both IMO. Johnson needs to find a new club because no matter how well he plays he is left on the bench. Milner is turning into a utility player.

Tevez has barely played, Dzeko had about 6 weeks of good form and Balotteli has spent have the season getting sent off. City have had a ridiculous transfer policy with strikers, don't forget Adebayor and Santa Cruz are still officially with the club. It's actually a joke the way they've signed so many strikers. Hart is the best keeper in the league, maybe world right now fair enough. RIchards still lacks consistency, I rate Ivanovic and Walker over him. Clichy and Kolarov are good players but they aren't on the same level as Cole and Evra.

I believe we have had this discussion before. I remember telling you that Carvhallo carried Terry and you disagreed. Either way I think both are comfortably better than Kompany, their partnership is arguably the best the PL has ever seen. They only conceded 15 goals in one season (without Cole). Terry has his many faults but he reads the game as well as anyone. Compare that to now where City have the best defense and they have conceded 26 with the season not even finished. Same goes for Vidic and Ferdinand. Vidic is far better than Kompany, Vidic is the best in the world at his best. Prime Ferdinand was better than Kompany and I'm no fan of Ferdinand. During their prime Terry and Ferdinand were considered class by everyone, a plethora of top clubs tried to sign them. Overrated? Ofc they are English but they were still quality. Sad thing is Ledly King probably could have been better than both of him but injuries ruined his career.

Nobody outside of England ever tried to sign Terry or Kompany, neither were as good as Kompany is now. King would have been better than both. He could have been the best in the world if not for injuries. Woodgate would have been better than both too if not for injury. King-Woodgate were the two best CB's from England's golden era. Both ruined by injuries.

Never said Terry carried Carvalho. Their last season together Terry was the better of the two, but Carvalho had fallen off sharply. 15 goals game with Cech behind them when he was incredible and Makelele sat infront of them. Kompany doesn't have that level of protection. He has Gareth Barry.

Evra? He's wildly inconsistent. Both are still amongst the 5 or 6 best in their position in the league. Richards is streets ahead of both Walker and Ivanovic. Hilarious to mention consistency and then mention those two! Sagna is far better than both of them as well. He's second to Richards who's not had a bad game all season. Zabaleta's a better two way fullback than either of them as well.

Poor management messed their striker situation up. A real manager would have gotten the best out of them.

As a pure DM, which is what City need, DeJong is better than anyone not named Essien and Song. They have a lot more to their game than him but he'd beat either in a tackle.

Pizarro was a class act in his prime. Johnson's a typically over-rated English player, but him, Milner and Barry would walk into at least 12 of the teams in the Premier League.

Nobody has had a squad like them or a best 11 like them. If Mourinho or Benitez took over, made one or two signings - partner for Kompany, maybe a Martinez or M'Vila type in midfield, they'd walk the league. They should have walked it this year. This is a very poor Premier League. Liverpool are awful, Chelsea are mediocre, Spurs are good but have a poor manager, it's the worst Arsenal team since Wenger took over, and the worst United team since the start of the Premier League. City should have the title as good as wrapped up but Mancini's is a blundering idiot living off titles he didn't actually win at Inter Milan.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Just to chime in with my two cents..

Ferdinand was always inferior to Vidic, but as a partnership they were much more reliable than Terry and Carvalho IMO. A few years ago Ferdinand had a bit of pace too, so he was even harder to beat. Now though his athleticism has dwindled and his reliability has taken a huge knock as a result. Remember the Manc derby when he tried to chip Bellamy? Bellamy easily intercepted, outran him and buried it past VDS. If I were to rate them all on PRIME form, 1 Vidic, 2 Terry, 3 Ferdinand, 4 Carvalho. To clarify, I'm a huge fan of Carvalho, always have been. But the other three were just that bit better than him. Definitely 4 of the best centre backs in PL history.

I don't rate Walker anywhere near as highly as most people seem to. He's a defensive liability and apart from lightning pace and a good shot he offers very little going forward. Think his is another case of the famous "He's British so he must be better than most foreigners". Richards has been a subtle revelation this season. His form had dropped off in recent seasons but he's back to the form he was in when hen first burst onto the scene, and more. Brilliant player, all-round though Ivanovic is on another level. He is the best in the league by a distance IMO.

De Jong is just what a Defensive mid should be. Tough tackling, aggressive and with energy in abundance. He's not close to Scott Parker, Alex Song level, but he is good enough for a team of City's stature, no question. Miles better than Garry Bareth,

I rate Pizarro, even at his advanced age. He can make things happen, and he has on a few occasions for City this season. A couple of goals and a few assists. He has the experience City need.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Terrible, terrible news. Livorno's Piermario Morosini has died after collapsing on the pitch earlier today. R.I.P!

Another one, this isn't good Crying or Very sad
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Nobody outside of England ever tried to sign Terry or Kompany, neither were as good as Kompany is now. King would have been better than both. He could have been the best in the world if not for injuries. Woodgate would have been better than both too if not for injury. King-Woodgate were the two best CB's from England's golden era. Both ruined by injuries.

Never said Terry carried Carvalho. Their last season together Terry was the better of the two, but Carvalho had fallen off sharply. 15 goals game with Cech behind them when he was incredible and Makelele sat infront of them. Kompany doesn't have that level of protection. He has Gareth Barry.

Evra? He's wildly inconsistent. Both are still amongst the 5 or 6 best in their position in the league. Richards is streets ahead of both Walker and Ivanovic. Hilarious to mention consistency and then mention those two! Sagna is far better than both of them as well. He's second to Richards who's not had a bad game all season. Zabaleta's a better two way fullback than either of them as well.

Poor management messed their striker situation up. A real manager would have gotten the best out of them.

As a pure DM, which is what City need, DeJong is better than anyone not named Essien and Song. They have a lot more to their game than him but he'd beat either in a tackle.

Pizarro was a class act in his prime. Johnson's a typically over-rated English player, but him, Milner and Barry would walk into at least 12 of the teams in the Premier League.

Nobody has had a squad like them or a best 11 like them. If Mourinho or Benitez took over, made one or two signings - partner for Kompany, maybe a Martinez or M'Vila type in midfield, they'd walk the league. They should have walked it this year. This is a very poor Premier League. Liverpool are awful, Chelsea are mediocre, Spurs are good but have a poor manager, it's the worst Arsenal team since Wenger took over, and the worst United team since the start of the Premier League. City should have the title as good as wrapped up but Mancini's is a blundering idiot living off titles he didn't actually win at Inter Milan.

Terry was voted best defender in the Champions league and was attracting attention at the time. IMO both Ferdinand and Terry in their prime are better than Kompany. King could have been the best in the world, Woodgate was good but still inconsistent. He had some awful performances for Real Madrid.

No but you disagreed that Carvahllo was the better of the two. Ofcourse Cech and Makalale had a huge part to play in it but that shows the strength of the team. Terry also had no protection from Bridge and Feirrera. Kompany has Toure, De Jong and/or Pizzaro protecting him though. Maka is on a different level all together but Kompany has some good cover.

Evra is not widely inconsistent, he is a top LB and has consistently been the 2nd best LB in the PL after Ashley Cole (except for this season). Richards is a top player, always had the potential to play like he has been playing now but I disagree he is streets ahead of Ivanovic. Ivanovic has been a hero for us this season and his all round game is terrific. Both Richards and Ivanovic are better CBs than RBs to be fair. Walker is a good player, lots of pace and has a terrific shot from distance. He's form has just dropped in the last couple of weeks but to be fair the whole Spurs team has dropped. Sagna is quality and if Zabaleta played more he could become one of the best RBs in the league. The City Back 4 should be Kompnay and Richards in the middle with Clichy and Zabalata on the flanks.

As today shows the striker situation probably cost them the title. If Tevez played from the start with Aguero and Silva, backed up with Dzeko and Ballotelli City would have walked the league. Next season Ballotelli could be sold and Adebayour should be brought back in. He's scored as many as Dzeko and Ballotelli and provides assists.

De Jong is a good player but I definitely think Parker and Lucas the way he was playing before his injury are better DMs. Essien and Song are the best in the league. Johnson is a good player, his all round game is good, he works hard and can often pop up with goals or provide assists. Far better than Downing for example. Barry is an overrated English player, no pace, no creativity and not even a good defender. Milner is not a bad player but he isn't a top one either.

Mancini really has butchered the league for City, he's a terrible manager.

The first strength City side should have been:

Hart
    Zabaleta
    Kompany
    Richards
    Clichy/Kolarov

De Jong
    YayaToure
    Nasri

Silva
    Aguero
    Tevez

Best starting 11 in England.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:47 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Terrible, terrible news. Livorno's Piermario Morosini has died after collapsing on the pitch earlier today. R.I.P!

Another one, this isn't good Crying or Very sad

Awful news, RIP.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Unrelated but anyone do any grand national bets? I literally know nothing about horse racing lol, anyone know the returns on this? Smile ..

14 Apr 12 / 13:10 Single (EW) 1 4:15 Aintree – Win Seabass @ Guaranteed Price (9/1) 4@1/4 Placed £20
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:15 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Unrelated but anyone do any grand national bets? I literally know nothing about horse racing lol, anyone know the returns on this? Smile ..

14 Apr 12 / 13:10 Single (EW) 1 4:15 Aintree – Win Seabass @ Guaranteed Price (9/1) 4@1/4 Placed £20

You get a quarter of the odds for an each way bet so 2.25/1 was it a total bet of £20 or £40??
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:Unrelated but anyone do any grand national bets? I literally know nothing about horse racing lol, anyone know the returns on this? Smile ..

You get a quarter of the odds for an each way bet so 2.25/1 was it a total bet of £20 or £40??

£20 total stake mate.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:12 am

Wembley is fucking great. Watched the mighty reds beat the blueshite despite Kenny gets his team selection completely wrong and us generally not being very good. Everton are fucking horrendous. Their fans are funny though, they seem to take solace from the fact that they win fuck all in the possibility they might finish above us this year. Ah well, 2 cups will help dry our eyes if that happens.

Going to Wembley again tomorrow to watch the Chavs play Harry Trotters and Spurs. Hope Chavski win so we can smack them about in the final. Think they have more to play for tomorrow. Only chance of making this season good for them is winning the FA Cup because Barca will smash them and they're going to finish 6th.

LALALALALALALA FUCK THE BLUE SHITE!

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 am

wembley is an amazing stadium!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Typical Celtic, fucking bottlers Evil or Very Mad

Never a penalty though.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Fucking Ashley Young
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:53 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Fucking Ashley Young

no you aren't, he's on the pitch!

sorry....

but yes, what a diving twat.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:18 pm

There was contact like last week, but it was another dive, disgraceful. Someone needs to have a word with him.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 am

I see the Chelsea Chav Scum have covered themselves in glory yet again, singing sick songs and booing during a minutes silence at Wembley on national TV is disgraceful no matter who it is. You could here a pin drop at Old Trafford even after everything that has gone on in the past!!!

I just hope The Reds can beat Chelsea in the final!!!!!!!!!!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:20 pm

The minute silence in Old Trafford was for Piermario Morosini not Hillsborough, but the Chelseas fans ought to be ashamed of themselves.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm

The tiny minority of Chelsea fans. I agree it's disgraceful but let's not tar them all with one brush.

Hope the club can root them out.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:I see the Chelsea Chav Scum have covered themselves in glory yet again, singing sick songs and booing during a minutes silence at Wembley on national TV is disgraceful no matter who it is. You could here a pin drop at Old Trafford even after everything that has gone on in the past!!!

I just hope The Reds can beat Chelsea in the final!!!!!!!!!!

It's appalling behavior but when you support a club that is infamously supported by thugs and racists it's better not to throw stones in glass houses. As I said, disgusting behaviour but don't judge an entire club based on a couple of twats.

Spuds were battered yesterday, even though Mata's goal didn't cross the line. Bring on Liverpoo in the final, should be an easy battering.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am