The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Bring Back Tim Sylvia Petition

Poll

How well would Tim do in the UFC?

[ 1 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 4 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    24% [24%] 

Total Votes: 8
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Bring Back Tim Sylvia Petition

Post  mikeyboybisping on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm

If the UFC is willing to hire Mark Hunt they ought to give Tim Sylvia another shot. He's a multiple time champion and would walk through most of the trash that are in the division.

Tim's started an online campagin to get another shot, let's get the Armbar onboard!

Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Re: Bring Back Tim Sylvia Petition

Post  Anfields5thKing on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 pm

They didn't want to hire Hunt, they had to. They bought his contract when they bought Pride. They offered to pay him NOT to fight.

They should resign Sylvia though, and put him up against Hunt. That would be a fun fight.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Fucking right they should re-sign Tim Sylvia, the guy is much better than he gets credit for.

I really dislike the guy and Id love to see someone in UFC "Ray Mercer" the life out of him... Hunt would fit that bill nicely. I think against other guy guys like Carwin or Bigfoot he would make for a fun fight too.

People forget how badly the Nog fight was going before the Sub. Tim is a big guy, Ex champ and would be a great gatekeeper for guys looking to crack the top 10/15. I dont see him ever getting into the top 10 himself though.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:15 pm

To quote Stone Cold Steve Austin 'If you want Tim Sylvia back in the UFC gimme a Hell Yeah' HELL YEAH !.

To be honest I think Dana's scared that Timmeh sparks out JDS, Overeem & co pure fear. Cool
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:28 pm

One loss and away he goes again. I'd put a lot of money on it.
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Don't see why he should come back, he has gone 1-1 in the heavyweight weight class since leaving the UFC. Let him beat somebody who is ranked inside the top 50 before he starts begging to come back.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm a fan of him and a fan of this thread, but i've voted for 'one and done', I don't think he's popular enough to get more than 1 chance.

If he gets himself into, something that even remotely resembles, shape then I'd love to see him back. As mentioned, there is some cracking match ups. Who wouldn't wanna see Timmeh vs Carwin, Browne, Hunt etc.???
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:01 pm

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Sheldan wrote:Don't see why he should come back, he has gone 1-1 in the heavyweight weight class since leaving the UFC. Let him beat somebody who is ranked inside the top 50 before he starts begging to come back.

Your right mate, he needs to have been fighting at Hw and looking good. IMO making Buentello give him a 10lbs allowance was dispicable! Buentello is a journeyman (as much as im a fan we all know he is)

and to make him give you, a 6"7 ex UFC Hw champ and the younger man an advantage of 10lbs is beyond me.

And Buentello wasnt the only fighter made to meet Tims demands, other big Heavies weighed in a 266lbs or scrapped the upper weight limit to allow him to lumber his 300lbs ass to the cage...

Im all for him making weight and taking a fight or 2 aginst a ranked opponent, but they are hard to come by these days outside ZUFFA.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 pm

"I don't care about the money," he said. "I've made that statement. I don't need a lot of money. I just want to end my career in the UFC and retire fighting the best. I even made a bold statement where I don't even want a show purse. Just give me my win bonus or if I win a fight-night bonus, give me that.

"I don't even care about fighting for a title."

wow sign him now, he will fight for free and is an ex champ in his mid 30's, I dont see why UFC wouldnt, surely he is a bigger draw and bigger name that guys like Meathead or Russow...

I like that attitude I really want him back now but Id love them to take him up on that offer, I think he made enough money selling signed playstations etc.. when he was champ! Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Tim Sylvia's not a draw. He'd struggle to pack out a phone booth. Russow and Meathead are at least entertaining.

But the UFC should sign him, 3 fight deal, and let him retire in the UFC. 2 Time HW champ, he deserves more respect than they've shown him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:21 pm