THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Sheldan
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
10 posters

Strikeforce Rockhold vs Jardine video links

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Rockhold vs Jardine video links Empty Strikeforce Rockhold vs Jardine video links

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Luke Rockhold vs Keith Jardine
    http://www.allthebestfights.com/rockhold-vs-jardine-full-fight-video-strikeforce/

Robbie Lawler vs Adlan Amagov
    http://www.allthebestfights.com/lawler-vs-amagov-full-fight-video-strikeforce/

“King Mo” Lawal vs Lorenz Larkin
    http://www.allthebestfights.com/lawal-vs-larkin-full-fight-video-strikeforce/

Tyron Woodley vs Jordan Mein
    http://www.allthebestfights.com/woodley-vs-mein-full-fight-video-strikeforce/

Tyler Stinson vs Tarec Saffiedine
    http://www.allthebestfights.com/stinson-vs-saffiedine-full-fight-video-strikeforce/

Smith vs Villante
    http://www.videobb.com/video/fbMoE8oa7dop

Estevan Payan vs Alonzo Martinez
    http://www.videobb.com/video/EKks9ptj2nMu

Ricky Legere vs Chris Spang
    http://www.videobb.com/video/FvCzS5KXVAYM

Nah-Shon Burrell vs James Terry
    http://www.videobb.com/video/QoPk89guBapo

Thank god ZUFFA took over Strikeforce,they aired all the pre lims on Showtime Extreme before the main card started on Showtime cheers
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Rockhold vs Jardine video links Empty Re: Strikeforce Rockhold vs Jardine video links

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:31 pm

thanks payne Smile
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Rockhold vs Jardine video links Empty Re: Strikeforce Rockhold vs Jardine video links

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Thought the Stinson vs Saffiedine fight was a pretty good battle.
    Stinson's stand up looked pretty good and once he hurt Tarec with that short elbow from the clinch in the first round,he looked like he was going to go on and comfortably win the fight,he definitely won the first round for me.
    But things changed in the second when Saffiedine didn't want anymore of the stand up,shot for the takedown,got it and found out that Stinson's not so good a fighter off his back,and with that knowledge,he used that tactic to win the second and third round and ultimately win the fight.

Tyrone Woodley is fast becoming one of the main fighters I don't want to watch fight,he does absolutely nothing once he gets someone down apart from ride them out for 5 minutes,it was an absolutely shit fight.
    Fitch gets shit for his style,but I'd prefer to watch any of Fitch's fights over a Woodley fight.

Mo looked pretty good,but I'd of been really disappointed if he didn't against larkin,who's basically a completely green MW with zero wrestling background thrown in against a much bigger,former national wrestling and former strikeforce champ.
    This was a complete mismatch and absolutely terrible match making IMO.
    But besides that,Mo fought to his strengths and did a really good job of finishing what was in front of him,well after that crap bitch of a ref,Kim Winslow actually decided stepped in.
    She stands them up for no reason in the first round,then when larkin is getting his face caved in and is obviously finished,she let's it continue for a while Rolling Eyes

I know Jardine is done,but Rockhold looks like a really big,strong and most importantly a good fighter,he looked more like the former LHW than Jardine.
    Jardine also didn't look to bad at MW,I was expecting him to look alot more gaunt and drained to be honest,but his days as being a top fighter seem to be done.
    It was a good showing and a nice finish by Rockhold.
    post fight he didn't seem to interested in Kennedy or Jacare fight,so if that doesn't happen,I hope he gets his wish and ZUFFA bring him some competition over from the UFC.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm

The standard of refereeing was appalling last night. Match making was extremely questionable. Zuffa's not having a good effect on Strikeforce.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:The standard of refereeing was appalling last night. Match making was extremely questionable. Zuffa's not having a good effect on Strikeforce.

Agreed. Refereeing was poor. Matchmaking was poor. Judging was poor. How anyone gave Saffeidine 30-27 or how anyone could score Woodley fight a SD is beyond me.
    Also, Winslow is just a really bad referee! She's had worse performances than last night.Also, even the so-called best referee in the Herb Dean had a poor performance in the main event in my opinion.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Unless ZUFFA start sending some UFC fighters over to challenge some of these strikeforce fighters and don't just keep stealing the cream,then I agree,they will be having a bad effect on Strikeforce and they will be just churning out a watered down product.

All the top strikeforce fighters have publicly stated many a time that they all want to be in the UFC,and it's obvious that ZUFFA need some names still at Strikeforce to sell it to the Showtime people,so in the meantime,give them some of the named UFC fighters that are not in the UFC title picture and if the top Strikeforce guys are still successful,swap them,so in the end you have Strikeforce as a feeder league and a place where the guys coming to the other end of their careers can still make a living and become great challenges and learning tools to the next generation of fighter.

Strikeforce will still get great fights because the talent will all be on a more even playing field,the up and comers will be fighting other up and comers or experienced guys that are closer to their current level,instead of watching them win a couple of lower level fights and then being thrown in against a few guys that are head and shoulders above where they are at that time.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 pm

I voted Herb as Ref of the year,but since,Herb's had a few dodgy moments in the last few events.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am

Herb Dean has been terrible this year (2011). Josh Rosenthall is one of best refs around now at the moment.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:43 am

redmeanie77 wrote:Herb Dean has been terrible this year (2011). Josh Rosenthall is one of best refs around now at the moment.

Agree with this entirely, I voted for Rosenthal as my referee of the year, Dean seems to just be there on name alone.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:46 am

i agree, the bitch needs to go.

she is terrible and annoying. not to be sexist but its not really safe for the fighters to have a referee who would be helpless if one fighter decided he didnt want to stop hitting.

makes me nervous to watch her ref fights like Travis Browne vs McSweeney with those massive guys.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 am

Yep I agree with everyone, the refs and judges were awful. Completely embarrassing.

Let's start with Saffiedene vs Stinson. I thought it was a good, fun scrap with Saffiedene a clear winner after coming back from a poor first round. The judging was comical, 30-27 Tarec and 29-28 Stinson were terrible calls IMO. How on earth did anyone not give Stinson the first round. And in what world does Stinson, who was on his back for nearly 10 minutes out of a 15 minute fight, win that fight?

Woodley vs Mein was so incredibly boring. Woodley is a good fighter but awful to watch. Ye I know it's ironic from a GSP fan but Woodley is a plain and simple dryhumper. Doesn't try to finish and doesn't try to improve his situation. More awful judging with one judge somehow giving Mein two rounds.

Mo vs Larkin might have been the worst performance I've seen from a ref in any sport ever. Let's just say it's a good thing Andy Gray and Richard Keys aren't MMA fans. Lets start with the fact that she stood Mo up after he was destroying Larkin. So Woodley can cuddle with Mein for 5 minutes at a time but if Mo doesn't murder Larkin with punches they must stand? The less said about the stoppage the better, I think she was waiting to see Larkin die in front of her before she stopped it.

Lawler vs Amagov was fun but Amagov completely shot himself in the foot. Don't know why he thought it was a good idea to knee Lawler on the floor when he was in such a good position. Cost himself the fight but good KO from Lawler.

Rockhold looked good against let's be honest, a poor opponent but he did all that was expected from him and more. He continues to impress after shocking nearly everyone with that win over Jacare. He should be in the UFC soon. Good to see Jardine's chin is as impressive as ever.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:42 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:i agree, the bitch needs to go.

she is terrible and annoying. not to be sexist but its not really safe for the fighters to have a referee who would be helpless if one fighter decided he didnt want to stop hitting.

makes me nervous to watch her ref fights like Travis Browne vs McSweeney with those massive guys.

Yeah don't get me started on her either, like yourself I don't want to be sexist but in my opinion a woman should not be refereeing a mans fight. Especially one who has shown time and time again to be a poor referee.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 am

I don't know if it was just me,but that knee Lawler threw that dropped Amagov,looked like it completely missed.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 pm

Yeah i thought that too! Must have grazed his skull, but pretty hard, if that makes sense!! Smile
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:i agree, the bitch needs to go.

To be fair that's an issue with some male referees too. I'm not sure of the name of the Japanese ref(not sure if it was Shimada) who was reffing Shogun-Coleman 1 but it was blatantly apparent he could do nothing to actually stop Coleman beating on Shogun if Coleman was so inclined.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

I was really disappointed In the show nothing really stood out about from Chinslow incompetence, Tyrone Woodley's Stars In Their Eyes audition for Antonio McKee and Jardine getting Knocked Out again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 pm