THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

the 20 Best fighters outside Zuffa in 2012

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

the 20 Best fighters outside Zuffa in 2012 Empty the 20 Best fighters outside Zuffa in 2012

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Bibiano Fernandes
    Tatsuya Kawajiri
    Eduardo Dantas
    Pat Curran
    Alexis Vila
    Hiroyuki Takaya
    Joe Warren
    Patricio Freire
    Zach Makovsky
    Michael Chandler
    Eddie Alzarez
    Ben Askren
    Douglas Lima
    Mamed Khalidov
    Alexander Shlemenko
    Hector Lombard
    Nate Marquardt
    Glover Teixeira
    Fedor Emelianenko
    Cole Konrad

Everyone reckon this is more or less how the top 20 guys outside the UFC look? Its clear to see that about half of the list is made up of 135 and 145ers. Those devision need strengthening most.

Who is likely to come to UFC/Zuffa

Well the Bellator champs have clauses in their contracts so count out Lombard, Askren, Konrad, Chandler, Warren, Makovsky

Fedor will likely never be in the UFC and I would assume that the Dream Champs are staying put but never say never, Dream dont tie their fighters down to exclusive contracts and championship clauses

I would also rule out anyone with an title shot coming their way in Bellator.. I highly doubt the Dream guys will move over though it would be great.

I think the only likely ones are Glover Teixeira and Mamed Khalidov. It would be cool to see either or both of these guys in UFC this year. But If I had one pick it would be Bibiano (I would put him as the only man who would be favorite over a current UFC champ)
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

the 20 Best fighters outside Zuffa in 2012 Empty Re: the 20 Best fighters outside Zuffa in 2012

Post  efils_god Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Nice topic, but not sure Aoki would agree with this list.... Wink
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

the 20 Best fighters outside Zuffa in 2012 Empty Re: the 20 Best fighters outside Zuffa in 2012

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 pm

efils_god wrote:Nice topic, but not sure Aoki would agree with this list.... Wink

Laughing

Yeah mate I forgot about him, probabally take Glover off the list for him? Aoki is one who will never go to Zuffa.

Id be interested to see the best fighters outside Zuffa every year and their rankings. I wonder if the amount of good fighters outside Zuffa is in decline?

Who you wanna see in UFC most?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Good topic Ben.

Yeah Aoki definately deserves to be on that list.
    Is Paul Daley still under Zuffa?
    What about Jussier da Silva? He was pretty high ranked before losing to McCall.

Other names I could think of, though they may not be top 20

Jay Hieron
    Alexander Sarnavskiy
    Darrell Montague
    Tom Watson
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:34 pm

How dare you miss The Armbars own 'Brit Of The Year' Jim Wallhead!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:18 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:How dare you miss The Armbars own 'Brit Of The Year' Jim Wallhead!

lol! True! How did I forget about him? Especially after all the success he's has this year Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm