THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
pinsman
rudeboyben84
payneNglory1
Cowboys From Hell
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Once Mohawked Pete
efils_god
thebadgersbits
2brutal
16 posters

ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  2brutal Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 pm

try again

id like to thank god for the victory tomorrow night is not religious it is arrogant cocky
    after the win fair enough twice people have tried to look good on this post and both times ended up sounding stupid
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  thebadgersbits Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Does he really thank god for victory befopre a fight???
    Surely thats bull??
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 pm

I can understand the hate for Jones, but, it's not a popularity contest, it's MMA, and I'm not sure that anyone, can justifiably state that he is not a very talented fighter. Okay, he has a big physical advantage over probably every fighter in the LHW roster, but you've still got to be able to use it. I am not about to jump on the Jones bandwagon per se, but he's a very destructive striker, he's patient, he's got a decent sub game, and he's very unorthodox, all of this, coupled with a huge reach advantage, makes him very difficult to beat. To indicate that he's not, would IMO be foolish.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:40 pm

It's called belief. He believes in himself and he believes in God.

Yous are right though. It'd be much more decent of him if he tweeted 'Please God let me win this fight', before his bouts...
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 UFCAntonioRodrigoNogueira

Nogueira's arm. Long layoff by the looks of it, clean fractures like that take a long time to fix.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:47 pm

hendos_right_hook wrote:ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 UFCAntonioRodrigoNogueira

Nogueira's arm. Long layoff by the looks of it, clean fractures like that take a long time to fix.

Looks a fair bit lower than it seemed, but will definitely need internal (and probably some external) fixation. I snapped 4 metacarpals about 10years ago, they looked similar, and it took best part of 6 months before I could do any striking at all, obviously Nog's injury is a hell of a lot worse.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Looks shocking good luck nog

On bones he is a beast and poss most talented dominant champ ever
    He is a bit 2 cock sure thats all
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 am

hendos_right_hook wrote:ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 UFCAntonioRodrigoNogueira

Ouch! We'd need Meanie to give us an estimate on how long that'll take to heal but I'd be surprised if we saw Nog again before 2013, if at all.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:10 am

Is Meanie a doctor?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 am

Almost Axe, im in my final year.

Orthopaedics is one of my strong points, seeing as how im really into sports. Anyways Nog has an oblique fracture distal third of the humerus.

The significant thing about how you treat and recover from these is the degree of angulation (displacement) from the two ends of the break. The x-ray here shows a huge degree of displacement 40 degrees i'd say and that would have to treated with internal fixation, ie... Nail and screws.

If it was 25 degrees or less it can actually be treated without surgery and just with a humeral brace.

Theres a rule thrown around in many text books that upper limb healing is 6 weeks and lower limb is 12 weeks. And you double this if fracture is complicated eg. Angulated or displaced. So in this case Nog arm would take 12 weeks. But most of doctors i been with never liked that rule and is often very variable and depends on surgery ofcourse. But its just a rule we students learn.

I'd say Nog will miss bulk 2012 and come back late next year or early next.

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 am

Oh when i say 12 weeks to heal, i mean that when we expect x-ray changes to show it being pretty much near fully healed. But again very variable and full return to normal function is very difficult to predict.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 am

UFC tweeted this before:

Doctor's report: surgery not necessary for Big Nog -he'll have adjustable plastic brace using an ultrasound device 2x/day for 20 mins. Dr. John Itamura believes Big Nog will be back in the Octagon in no more than 9 months
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:59 am

Thats good news for Nog. I just hope it heals properly without surgery and it is angulated quite significantly.

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:54 pm

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Nice, that transition is exactly what happened.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 pm

9 Months is a long time, is that when he is healed? add a while on top of that for them to get him a match and him to get a training camp done...

I just hope we see Nog in 2012, Bring on Nog vs Nelson
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:37 am

redmeanie77 wrote:

Almost Axe, im in my final year.

Orthopaedics is one of my strong points, seeing as how im really into sports. Anyways Nog has an oblique fracture distal third of the humerus.

The significant thing about how you treat and recover from these is the degree of angulation (displacement) from the two ends of the break. The x-ray here shows a huge degree of displacement 40 degrees i'd say and that would have to treated with internal fixation, ie... Nail and screws.

If it was 25 degrees or less it can actually be treated without surgery and just with a humeral brace.

Theres a rule thrown around in many text books that upper limb healing is 6 weeks and lower limb is 12 weeks. And you double this if fracture is complicated eg. Angulated or displaced. So in this case Nog arm would take 12 weeks. But most of doctors i been with never liked that rule and is often very variable and depends on surgery ofcourse. But its just a rule we students learn.

I'd say Nog will miss bulk 2012 and come back late next year or early next.

Former UFC and PRIDE heavyweight champion, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has gone under the surgeons knife after all despite initial reports to the contrary, with the initial diagnosis placing a return to the octagon at around June, 2012.

This from Tatame Magazine:

“But it seems like the plans have changed. Rodrigo was operated last Friday (16th) at Vail, Colorado, and the surgery was a success. The doctors say he might return to the trains in June. Rodrigo went to Vail and went through new tests, which pointed out the need of the surgery. His biceps wasn’t touched during the process. The “entrance” was made on the triceps, what means he won’t lose strength on this very arm

Wink
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:17 pm

"Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is the general consensus for 2011's "Fight of the Year," and with good reason. "Shogun" can take an enormous amount of punishment, as seen in his PRIDE days and in his recent fight with Henderson. In fact, most people would not have survived – let alone come back to win a dominant fifth round. So how does this show how impressive Jon Jones really is? Well, despite the damage Rua sustained in his fight with Henderson he never quit, never surrendered. But, when Jones fought him for the title and handed Rua his first true TKO loss, it wasn't just the volume of punishment Rua absorbed in that fight, but the fact that Rua was admittedly done and tapped to the strikes of Jones. This illustrates just how dominant Jones truly is, destroying even the will of one of the greatest light heavyweights of all time."
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:49 am

Who said that? Hilarious ignorance of the fact that Shogun was injured going into the Jones fight and gassed within a round.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Shogun went into the jones fight injured !
    somewhere on youtube wanderlei silva is talking prior to the shogun jones fight about shoguns doubts about his injuries and fitness which he chatted with silva about . That was the worst performance of shoguns career by far .
    If hendo had dished out the punishment that shogun took on jones would jones lil chinny chin take that ???? Doubtfull!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 am