THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
pinsman
rudeboyben84
payneNglory1
Cowboys From Hell
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Once Mohawked Pete
efils_god
thebadgersbits
2brutal
16 posters

ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Mir wants Cain...

“Depending on how Cain is feeling you know, obviously that would be a phenomenal fight, someone who is a forced to be reckoned with and honestly I still he think he is. I think he just got caught in his last fight. I mean we saw that tonight, it can happen. I just happen to recover and he didn’t and JDS jumped on him. So whoever is out there. Right now, the (UFC) heavyweight division changes from week to week, depending on who’s injured or who has a spectacular fight.”

Its a really interesting fight because Cains Sub defence against a grappler like Mir would be good, and if Mir showed up ready to stand it would be fun to see how they match up... I still cant see Cain doing anyting but replicating what Carwin did. See Ben Rothwell fight for reference to what he would do to Mir I reckon!!

Pins - I agree Mate cutting Tito is Bollox. If they dont give him Griffin in a rubbermatch give him Bonnar as a retirement fight. Bonnar and him would put on a show.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: ufc 140 review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  2brutal Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:29 pm

did you not see the fight mate he tapped alright
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks for the gifs Payne, i wont quote you as it will ruin the thread, but wow Mir totally owned Nog in the grappling last night. He easily rolled out of the choke, grapped the arm and scrambled in postion, and they rolled with Nog securing the kimura and broke it.

Im sure knowing Nog and what guys in Blackhouse are like, we will be hearing the excuses for this anytime soon.

Theres probably a Sonnen joke here somewhere, "I think getting a BB from Nogiuera brothers is like........"

Overeem seems like he's failed his drugs test so i can see Mir-Brock if he's not suspended at 141.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:44 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

Thanks for the gifs Payne, i wont quote you as it will ruin the thread, but wow Mir totally owned Nog in the grappling last night. He easily rolled out of the choke, grapped the arm and scrambled in postion, and they rolled with Nog securing the kimura and broke it.

Im sure knowing Nog and what guys in Blackhouse are like, we will be hearing the excuses for this anytime soon.

Theres probably a Sonnen joke here somewhere, "I think getting a BB from Nogiuera brothers is like........"

Overeem seems like he's failed his drugs test so i can see Mir-Brock if he's not suspended at 141.

Shit, that's terrible news with regards to Overoid. Surely it would come too early for Mir? Anyway, I have absolutely zero desire to see another Lesnar/Mir fight, who else would be available? Cain?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Overeem thing isn't true I'm on the iPhone or I'd link it but he was going to get licenced for the Brock. Fight because he has been in Amsterdam. Unlucky for Brock!! Mir vs Cain makes sense. Werdum might be another option for him but seeing as he left the ufc on a low note i reckon he will get someone lower ranked when he comes to UFC. Brock fights soon so if he looses mir could get a rubber match?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Terrific card IMO, lot of great fights and exciting finishes.

Love him or hate him Jones is insane. He was under pressure after clearly losing the first round and to come back the way he did was impressive. His elbows are just insane. Changed the fight after he got Machida down. He dropped Machida and he finished him with a nasty looking submission. He still has holes but every fighter has holes. Hendo gasses, Fedor cuts easily, GSP struggles to finish, Silva has poor takedown defense, Sonnen can't defend subs ect. We could very well be seeing the future GOAT.

For me he has the winner of Evans-Davis and then Hendo and he's pretty much cleared out the division already. Maybe a Shogun rematch in the future. After that he needs to move to HW to really put his mark down as a GOAT.

I was gutted to see Nog lose but I have to give a lot of credit to Mir. He's actually grown on me over the years. My problem with Mir is his inconsistency and the fact he never learns from his mistakes. As ben was saying he got caught up against the cage yet again. He fixes his problems for one fight and then gets caught in the exact same position the following fight. If he is ever to reach the top of the division, he needs to fix his holes for good. His chin also is quite poor, one of the worst in the division. He's going to struggle against the likes of JDS. As for big Nog, it was a great fight for him, but he made one mistake and it cost him. He should have continued punching, Mir was on the verge of being stopped. Mir was impressive to reverse the position but when he got the Kimura it was just a matter of strength. Always tap out if Mir has a hold on because he will not go until he hears something snap.

Lil Nog looked good as well, he was in poor form but he has fixed his biggest hole. Could become a contender definitley. Nice to see Ortiz humble and he doesn't deserve to be cut. Not after he saved the UFC. I would probably say let him fight Griffin one last time and call it a day, maybe it will be Griffin's last fight as well.

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Overeem thing isn't true I'm on the iPhone or I'd link it but he was going to get licenced for the Brock. Fight because he has been in Amsterdam. Unlucky for Brock!! Mir vs Cain makes sense. Werdum might be another option for him but seeing as he left the ufc on a low note i reckon he will get someone lower ranked when he comes to UFC. Brock fights soon so if he looses mir could get a rubber match?

Yeah, I was scouting the web for something more solid than rumours, but couldn't find owt. Do you really see a Mir/Lesnar rubber match showing anything we haven't seen before Ben? I see nowt other than, Lensar charging him, putting him on his back, and then opening him up, before Dana announces Lesnar as being a top contender again.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 pm

pinsman wrote:Well... Firstly mr 2brutal nog did not tap! There was a thread on here a little while ago about best comebacks ever well Mir has that title now fuck me I was almost sick in my cereal this morning!

Absolutely gutted for machida he was controlling jones in the first but got careless I was screaming for him to win!!!

Tito should not be cut! He's been in great form recently, let him finish his career on a high hes done a shit load for the UFC!

Poss my most fav card of the year, but the big one for me is next ma boy overeem hopefully smashing the hell out of hick boy lesnar!!!

He's been in great form lately?? Beating a hugely over-rated Ryan Bader and then getting your ass kicked by Rashad Evans and Little Nog is not great form.

In the last 5 years he's fought 8 times, won 1, drew 1 and lost 6, and 4 of those were complete beat-downs. One more and Tito's done.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:18 pm

I'm not sure that many people are still that interested in Tito to be honest and the wage he commands is one of the biggest in the UFC.
    I'm not arguing about what his name meant and what he's done for the UFC in the past,but do you think the UFC will still be willing to pay him those amounts to fight in meaningless fights.

He's already been given chances to get his career back on track and keep earning those pay checks,but come on,he's won one fight in 5 years,while losing 6 times,I think the UFC have gone above and beyond to show their respect and thanks towards Tito.

I personally think it's time to cut the strings,save the cash and put it towards more relevant and up and coming fighters purses.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 pm

I know what you mean Payne but I think it would be tremendously cruel to cut Ortiz after he saved the UFC when he stepped up against Evans. I don't know if I would exactly call Tito an MMA legend, but he is definitely a UFC legend. He deserves his last fight IMO.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I'm not sure that many people are still that interested in Tito to be honest and the wage he commands is one of the biggest in the UFC.
    I'm not arguing about what his name meant and what he's done for the UFC in the past,but do you think the UFC will still be willing to pay him those amounts to fight in meaningless fights.

He's already been given chances to get his career back on track and keep earning those pay checks,but come on,he's won one fight in 5 years,while losing 6 times,I think the UFC have gone above and beyond to show their respect and thanks towards Tito.

I personally think it's time to cut the strings,save the cash and put it towards more relevant and up and coming fighters purses.

Exactly. Tito's earning champion money. His money would be better spent paying the undercard guys a bit more.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:36 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:

I asked the question last night,because of the missed weight by Hallman,does makdessi get a % of his purse to show or he total purse,show and win bonus?

I think it's just his purse to fight. Don't think he gets a percentage of the win bonus.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 pm

I think it would be a better punishment and bigger deterrent if they had to forfeit 20% off their total winnings for missing weight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:52 pm

I think 50% personally. If these guys aren't willing to put the effort in to cut weight then they should get half there money taken from them. Even if only 25% went to the opponent, the rest could go to a trust to help fighters who have problems later in life due to injuries or concussions they suffer during their careers. There's no excuse for not making weight.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:07 am

pinsman wrote:Well... Firstly mr 2brutal nog did not tap! There was a thread on here a little while ago about best comebacks ever well Mir has that title now fuck me I was almost sick in my cereal this morning!

Absolutely gutted for machida he was controlling jones in the first but got careless I was screaming for him to win!!!

Tito should not be cut! He's been in great form recently, let him finish his career on a high hes done a shit load for the UFC!

Poss my most fav card of the year, but the big one for me is next ma boy overeem hopefully smashing the hell out of hick boy lesnar!!!

I'm pretty certain Big Nog tapped didn't he???? That's twice Mir has ended Nog's hype
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:15 am

Nog began to tap just as his arm was snapped. No fault on Mir there.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:29 am

I wud ave tapped way sooner nog is no tim sylvia lol
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:31 am

Anfield areyou starting to warm to bones yet or still not sold ?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:37 am

For sure tapped and had his arm broken pretty bad, must be really regretting not tapping sooner. Nog aint no Renzo Gracie.

And with Nog's age and performances recently, this will have an even bigger effect on him and his MMA career. He's definelty not going to retire from a submission loss like that, but still cant see much left for him.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:43 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

For sure tapped and had his arm broken pretty bad, must be really regretting not tapping sooner. Nog aint no Renzo Gracie.

And with Nog's age and performances recently, this will have an even bigger effect on him and his MMA career. He's definelty not going to retire from a submission loss like that, but still cant see much left for him.

You reckon? I know that I was calling for Nogs retirement after the last Mir loss, but, he showed enough in this fight, to indicate he could hold his own against quite a few HWs. Where does Mir fit, in the rankings? And Nog was a few seconds from finishing him. I don't see Nog being a contender, but certainly a gatekeeper at least.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

You reckon? I know that I was calling for Nogs retirement after the last Mir loss, but, he showed enough in this fight, to indicate he could hold his own against quite a few HWs. Where does Mir fit, in the rankings? And Nog was a few seconds from finishing him. I don't see Nog being a contender, but certainly a gatekeeper at least.

I agree he was looking decent. My question is regarding how long it'll take him to come back from this injury, as he's only getting older. I'm sure he'll come back for a couple of fights, but i don't expect him to do much either to be honest.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:53 pm

2brutal wrote:Anfield areyou starting to warm to bones yet or still not sold ?

First impressive win over a real title contender of his career, was impressed with the second round. First round showed the difference in skill between a great fighter in Machida, and Bones. Second round he used his size and strength and that was the difference. He's a HW fighting at LHW though.

And he's still a complete prick.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Love it

He is a knob i heard he posted id lke to thank god for this victory before the fight lol
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:17 pm

2brutal wrote:Love it

He is a knob i heard he posted id lke to thank god for this victory before the fight lol

He does that at the start of every fight, he's a very religious person. Try again
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:52 pm

He does it BEFORE every fight?? Really?? Just proves what an arrogant cunt he is. That's nothing to do with religious. There's far more religious fighters than Jon Jones, none of them thank god for victories BEFORE THE FIGHT.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am