THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
p4pnumber_1
The_Axe_Emperor
payneNglory1
Cowboys From Hell
8 posters

KSW 17 Videos

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

KSW 17 Videos Empty KSW 17 Videos

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Spoiler:
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KSW 17 Videos Empty Re: KSW 17 Videos

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Nice 1 Cowboy

There was some shocking judging on that card,from what I've read about it,it sounded rigged as hell and there was just no way a Polish fighter was ever going to lose a fight on the judges scorecards.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Thompsons fight could have gone either way, he got bashed in that second round.

I didn't even know it was a rematch, anyone who hasn't seen their first fight I'd recommend it, was a war!!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Think it might have been one of the worst robberies ive ever seen
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:21 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:37 pm

I had no idea James Thompson could speak Polish because I couldn't understand a word he said apart from "Fucking Joke."
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 am

Axe you must have been high when you watched that fight, as Thompson said watch it again! Seriously in that fight there was to be a 3rd round to decide a winner if they went 1-1 in the 2 rounds.

So you might make a case for Pudz to win the 2nd round (I reckon most gave it to Thompson) but he won the 1st round by lieing on his back eating hammerfists?

Hand on Heart giving Pudz that fight 2 round to 0 is the single worst decision ive seen in MMA since I started watching that. Id love to see a fight metric report to see what Pudz did to win that 1st round! Laughing

Id love for him to think he could take a step up in competition after this "Win" Id love him to fight Gonzaga next! Twisted Evil

Hope James Thompson can appeal this, theres no way he should have a loss on his record because of his. KSW needs to be shut down and Khalidov move to the UFC because he is an amazing fighter.

Havnt seen the Soko fight yet, is it worth a watch?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:12 pm

It's not a bad fight Ben depends It If you value 15 minutes of your life fading away Laughing.

I'm a fan of Blachowicz I would love to see him in Bellator (Not sure If the UFC would be his best bet yet) that LHW needs some new blood pumping in to It.

The Pudz decision was a bad one in the sense as you say It was a 2 Round fight It was either 2-0 Thompson or 1-1 a draw no way could any sane person give Pudz the first round unless he was bunged a few quid.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:32 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Axe you must have been high when you watched that fight, as Thompson said watch it again! Seriously in that fight there was to be a 3rd round to decide a winner if they went 1-1 in the 2 rounds.

So you might make a case for Pudz to win the 2nd round (I reckon most gave it to Thompson) but he won the 1st round by lieing on his back eating hammerfists?

Hand on Heart giving Pudz that fight 2 round to 0 is the single worst decision ive seen in MMA since I started watching that. Id love to see a fight metric report to see what Pudz did to win that 1st round! Laughing

Id love for him to think he could take a step up in competition after this "Win" Id love him to fight Gonzaga next! Twisted Evil

Hope James Thompson can appeal this, theres no way he should have a loss on his record because of his. KSW needs to be shut down and Khalidov move to the UFC because he is an amazing fighter.

Havnt seen the Soko fight yet, is it worth a watch?

Could not agree more. Not even Cecil Peoples could have given that first round to Puddingofski.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Found this.

The controversial bout between English Heavyweight James Thompson and Polish Strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski has been declared a no-contest due to errors in the judging of the fight.

The Polish MMA website, Onet.Sport was the first to announce the news earlier today.

The bout occurred last weekend at KSW 17 and initially resulted in a majority decision victory for Pudzianowski despite Thompson’s clear domination of the first round. KSW bouts normally go for two rounds then only a third if necessary, thus the bout should at least have gone to a third round. Thompson was visibly upset after the bout even taking to the mic to voice his frustrations.

The bout was the second time the two fighters had met, the first fight ending in a submission victory for Thompson earlier in the year.

KSW has been quick to address the concerns of both Thompson and the swift disapproval of MMA media worldwide and have now declared the bout a no-contest meaning that the bout will no longer be reflected as a loss or win in either Thompson’s or Pudzianowski’s records.

Regardless, incidents such as this reflect badly on the sport of MMA and KSW in general and can turn international fighters in particular, away from competing in Eastern Europe.

James Thompson mentioned his hope for a future rematch in the UK with Pudzianowski on his Facebook page but admitted it was unlikely.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I reckon if Thompson hadnt have kicked off and made a fuss this dodgy result would have been swept under the carpet. I didnt watch the whole event but My mate said KSW have been known to give dodgy decisions.

Khalidov is clearly too good for KSW its time for him to move to the big leagues. I hope he isnt trapped in some sort of champion clause because I hate seeing talent traped in B league orginasitions. We dont need another Lombard! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 am