THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Hendo v Shogun......Dana

1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Hendo v Shogun......Dana Empty Hendo v Shogun......Dana

Post  1972-casual Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:25 pm

I bet Dana White just wishes that fight would have been on Fox last week!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hendo v Shogun......Dana Empty Re: Hendo v Shogun......Dana

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:51 pm

If you watch the post fight press conference he explains it brilliantly.

Something along the lines of the MMA world being a little bubble that the rest of the world doesn't understand, and that Cain vs JDS was the perfect fight for UFC On FOX as it eased the casuals in little by little, kept them wanting more.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 pm

That fight would have terrified the masses and those morons who protest against the sport would have been up in arms.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:48 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:If you watch the post fight press conference he explains it brilliantly.

Something along the lines of the MMA world being a little bubble that the rest of the world doesn't understand, and that Cain vs JDS was the perfect fight for UFC On FOX as it eased the casuals in little by little, kept them wanting more.

Here it is;

Reporter: Obviously a war, I mean those guys were bloodied and hurt in battle ... is that the type of fight you'd like to see on Fox? I mean people were complaining last week, 'we didn't get enough', is this too much for Fox?

Dana White: Let me tell you guys what ... I said it before and I'll say it again, if I could go back in a time machine and do the Fox fight over again, it would have been done the same exact way. Exactly the same way. The hardcores can bitch about that fight, I could care less what they think about that fight. I don't care, y'know? And people are like "Oh, you don't care what your fans think!?"  - No! I do not care what you think. That fight had to go the way that it went because none of you guys understand what goes on behind the scenes. If that fight that happened tonight went on Fox for the first time ever ... let me tell you what, I would not be having a good time these last 5 or 6 days. Believe me. We got to ease our way (in), we live in this bubble, gang, we live in this bubble that the rest of the world doesn't live in or understand and we're still in an education process and educating the masses about what this sport is and what it's all about.
    Those of us who are in this room, and people who have been watching this for a long time are blown away and just incredibly appreciate what those two did tonight in there, and you can understand what they went through and what was going on and, y'know, the rest of the world will go "Oh my god, what was that!?" ... you just don't understand. You guys might, I'm not talking to you; those of you that think we didn't do the right thing on the first Fox fight do not understand what it takes to build this sport and to be on national television. So 'shut up again'.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 am