The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Ufc 138 the worst card ever ?

Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Re: Ufc 138 the worst card ever ?

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Now, 5:40 mate.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:35 am

leben quit didnt see that comming
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:10 am

No way Leben quit, he couldnt see out of 1 eye and had a go at fighting on after lieing to the doc and saying he could see.

He had balls to fight with one eye for a round but it could have been a career ending fight if he took more damage to his eye.

I think saying he quit was harsh because you cant fight with 1 eye as you have no dept perseption to judge how close someone is to land a strike.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 am

i thought that but watch it again, stich is saying i can sort it no probs he wanted out the cut was above his eyebrow is eyeball was bloody during the round but when wiped looked fine watch it again rekon you will change your mind i like leben he a aWarrior but he had gassed had enough thats what happnd my imo only he knows tho i guess think he had a terrible weight cut
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 pm

2brutal, no, just no mate. Any other fighter, and I mean ANY other fighter and you could probably say they wanted out of a fight. But not Chris Leben, he is probably the very last fighter in MMA that would give up in a fight. Look at the Anderson fight, the Stann fight, the Martin fight, the Akiyama fight... So many fights he is absolutely fucked and nearly beaten but he never gives up or 'wants out'.

You said yourself the cut (which looked nasty) was above his eyebrow, there wasn't a chance Stitch was closing that gash up enough to stop the blood covering his eye. Like Ben said, he actually lied to stay in the fight!!

Ref- Can you see?

Leben- No.

Ref- If you can't see I'm stopping this fight.

Leben- I can see!

Something along those lines Laughing

Will always admire Leben as a fighter (even though he KO'd Wand Sad ) but he's never gonna be near a title shot again. Good win for Munoz but I still don't buy the hype, I think he's still go a lot of holes in his game. His wrestling actually isn't that good, his striking is terrible and his chin doesn't look anything above average. He has power, endurance and something i will praise him for is his shit scary G'n'P. I still think he lost to Maia also. Was a great night of fights, Terry Etim looked remarkable!
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Barrington Patterson fight with one eye... ok not in a high profile org but he does all the same!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Wasn't a that bad of a show TBH saying that the prelims were horrible thank god for the excellent Main Card.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Wasn't a that bad of a show TBH saying that the prelims were horrible thank god for the excellent Main Card.

The John Maguire fight was one of the best back-and-forth fights of the year IMO.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:02 pm

I enjoyed all the pre lim fights,except that shocking stinkfest put on by De Fries and Broughton.

Thought Cariaso put on a good performance against lee,Young looked good standing with Omigawa and Omigawa fought well.
    Che mills put on a clinic and destroyed Cope with a sweet finish and the maguire - edwards fight was also a good fight.

efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Etim is fighting Edson Barboza in Brazil at ufc142, should be a good one!
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Yeah I too enjoyed the prelims, apart from that HW snoozer. zzzzzzzz.

Mills had a sweet KO and Maguire/Edwards was a great war that could've won FOTN in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:07 pm