THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
2brutal
Sheldan
Cowboys From Hell
superman_punch
p4pnumber_1
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
11 posters

UFC Live review

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC Live review - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC Live review

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:14 pm

I think the only decent fighter Fitch has ever finished is Alves and that was a fluke upkick.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:I think the only decent fighter Fitch has ever finished is Alves and that was a fluke upkick.

To be fair, he was close to finishing B.J, if 5 round fights had been introduced by the time of that fight, then I think he would have finished it in the 4th. Although then it could be argued that with a 5 round fight both men's game plans will have been different so I suppose that theory goes out the window. I have sympothy for Fitch, he has actually shown in some fights to have fairly decent standout, he's just a bit stiff and gun shy. It's unfortunate that his world class asset makes him into a world class bore to the majority of MMA fans.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 pm

I think if he worked more when he's on the ground then it wouldn't be so bad. You look at the way Sonnen fights, and think that if Fitch did what he does, he'd be a far more entertaining fighter and a far better fighter. He's not as good a boxer or wrestler as Chael but he's just as tough, just as strong for the weight class as Sonnen is for his and has far better BJJ. If he went and did what Sonnen does, take people down and punch them continously for 5 minutes then he'd likely have a lot more stoppages, and likely get that title shot he deserves.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm