The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

The Armbar Cup Final Results

Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Re: The Armbar Cup Final Results

Post  Sheldan on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 am

Everyone just post their predictions without looking at anybody's elses and we shouldn't have any problems.
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 am

poz wrote:I dunno brothers, but I'm hurting real bad inside!
    That's a lighten the mood guess the film quote!

Is it platoon?? And that is hardly lightning the mood. May as well have said lets talk about something else, what were everyone elses thoughts on hitlers pincer movement on the austrian town of
    Innsbruck.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:53 am

manny where do you do the research ? lol

utd toon
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 am

Here's my 2 cents worth.....

Funnily enough, I was going to mention this kind of thing in the final scores update before the final events but didn't think it necessary even though I have noticed it happening over more over the last couple of Leagues/Cups.... Laughing

Given the limited choice of options for each fight, there are always going to be similar picks, particularly on cards or fights that seem one-sided so it is a difficult area to make rules about.

There are only a few times when copying picks becomes an issue - Cup rounds and counting down to the end of the League. To stop it happening in the Cup competitions, I would suggest having the Cup matches contested over one event or weekend instead of a round that takes in 2 or more weeks. That way all picks are in and scored at the same time. If it gets tight in the League, I would suggest PM'ing picks to me if you are worried about this happening again.

I have spent countless hours and over a thousand dollars (NZ$ so around 10 pounds Laughing )of my own money over the past couple of years administering this competition which I am happy to do as long as you guys enjoy the game and play it in good spirits. It has been my way of saying thanks for sharing your knowledge about the sport I know little about but love to watch. So all I ask is to keep it as good, honest fun!!

Cheers fullas and thanks to Payne and Sheldan for helping out with the rounds and draws - much appreciated.

manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:36 am

damn you payne.

anyways regarding copying, is it really an issue?
    if so, why dont we just pm the picks to ging>?
    it would eliminate copying, the only problem is (not saying anyone here is a copyer *cough payne*) that it makes it somewhat unfair for ging; who has access to everyones picks.
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:57 am

Mannpagejackson wrote:
    poz wrote:I dunno brothers, but I'm hurting real bad inside!
    That's a lighten the mood guess the film quote!

Is it platoon?? And that is hardly lightning the mood. May as well have said lets talk about something else, what were everyone elses thoughts on hitlers pincer movement on the austrian town of
    Innsbruck.

Platoon indeed, and sorry if it was a poor effort, it just seems a little sombre here the last few days.
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Why don't we just have an entire round contested over 1 weekend, it will all come down to the same number of fights anyway, so it doesn't matter if it ends up being "Predictor League - Round 17" .. Then say that your picks have to be in before the first card over the weekend begins, then once that happens you can't change them. Then when it's a cup round, I'll just pick a round where there are a lot of fights, so that you aren't knocked out after maybe only picking 10 fights that round. For example, this weekend would be a perfect round for a cup as there are a lot of fights. (Obviously it won't be be because it's the first round). Then maybe on October 1st when it is UFC on Versus, still count it as a seperate round as it is a new weekend, but I won't pick it for a cup round. Basically what I'm saying is we should just have rounds contested over 1 weekend, which is what I think Ging mentioned earlier.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:17 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:damn you payne.

anyways regarding copying, is it really an issue?
    if so, why dont we just pm the picks to ging>?
    it would eliminate copying, the only problem is (not saying anyone here is a copyer *cough payne*) that it makes it somewhat unfair for ging; who has access to everyones picks.

Very Happy

Cheeky B'stard

you wouldn't see it as an issue would you,it's not as if anyones likely to copy your picks Razz

I'd like to think the problem has ended,the game play will end and everyone will rely on their own powers of predictions from now on and keep playing the game in a fun friendly way,the way it was originally intended.
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:42 pm

I still think we should have a round for each weekend and then say all your picks have to be in before the first fight on that round starts, just incase anything like this does happen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:21 pm