THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Amazon Forest Combat Results: Ueda Wins, Falcao, Parisyan Lose, Ishii Robbed

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Amazon Forest Combat Results: Ueda Wins, Falcao, Parisyan Lose, Ishii Robbed  Empty Amazon Forest Combat Results: Ueda Wins, Falcao, Parisyan Lose, Ishii Robbed

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 am

FROM BLOODYELBOW

Amazon Forest Combat put on their first event last night in Manaus, Brazil and it had a plethora of name fighters on the card. The top five fights featured UFC veterans, former Shooto and WEC champions, and a Gracie just for kicks. It was not a good night for a couple of fighters looking to get back into the UFC, but one ex-UFC guy made quite an impression. He's a rundown of the top fights.

Karo Parisyan was looking to rebound from a tough loss to Ryan Ford where he was dominating the first two rounds but lost by cut in the third. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to do it. TUF 11's Jordan Smith picked up a split-decision win over the Armenian judoka. Smith used his big size advantage to quickly get up after takedowns and controlled the striking, having Karo on dream street at the end of the fight but being unable to finish. Parisyan has now lost three in a row and should seriously be looking at a drop to lightweight.

Maiquel Falcao made a big impression in his UFC debut, but ended up getting cut due to legal issues. This was his second fight back in Brazil, and he faced BJJ world champion Antonio Braga Neto. Neto got an initial takedown but was swept, and Falcao did a ton of damage until very late in the round until he caught a big shot himself and was hurt. The start of the second was the same as the first, with a Neto takedown followed by a Falcao sweep. They were stood up though, and once Neto got another takedown, he brutalized Falcao with elbows until he was able to latch on a kimura and get the submission win late in the round.

Ronys Torres was looking for his eighth win in a row and a job back in the UFC, and he did an excellent job making mincemeat out of Drew Fickett. Torres dropped Fickett with a huge right and lit him up with hammerfists until Fickett tapped to strikes in just 47 seconds. Fickett has now lost three in a row.

Former WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho faced Japanese judoka and former top prospect Satoshi Ishii in the co-main event. The first round lacked action, but Ishii was the one pushing Filho against the fence and got a takedown late. The second was more of the same, with Ishii controlling the action against the cage. Filho did respond with a few shots including one that wobbled Ishii late, but it didn't seem like enough to take the round. The third was a repeat of the first two, with Filho bleeding badly and gassed out. It seemed like Ishii had won a clear decision, but the bout was scored a draw. No scores were announced. The Brazilian crowd booed the decision loudly, so that should tell you something right there.

In the main event, former Shooto featherweight (132 lb.) champion Masakatsu Ueda met Royler Gracie, who was competing in MMA for the first time in almost five years. Gracie managed a takedown in the first, but was swept and beat up a bit by Ueda for the majority of the round. For the rest of the fight, Ueda stuffed Gracie's takedowns and either beat him up with leg kicks or took the top position and reigned down a few punches. It appeared to be all Ueda, but those wacky judges somehow gave Gracie a card. Ueda still won, but only by split decision.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Amazon Forest Combat Results: Ueda Wins, Falcao, Parisyan Lose, Ishii Robbed  Empty Re: Amazon Forest Combat Results: Ueda Wins, Falcao, Parisyan Lose, Ishii Robbed

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Id love to see if the Ishii vs Filho draw was really controversial. I think rocking a guy who has wall and stalled you for 4 and a half mins still means you win the round.

If Ishii scored a TD in the 1st him winning it is no problem.

Filho rocks him in the 2nd, Filhos round

They dont say Ishii scored a TD in the 3rd or mention anything but it was more wall and stall. If someone can pin someone to the cage for 5 mins without a TD, Sub attempt or meaningsfull strike for me its the same as circling each other without throwing anything, maby the guy moving forwards and not throwing is technically winning but Id score a draw if no one threw anything regardless of who was on the front foot.

If a full round of wall and stall happens, there is no winner, id like those rounds to be a draw myself, pinning a guy to the cage is ineffective grappling if anything the guy against the cage can be seen as stuffing a TD.

The decision may have been bood but without seeing the fight im glad Wall and Stall is being punished somewhere.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Amazon Forest Combat Results: Ueda Wins, Falcao, Parisyan Lose, Ishii Robbed  Empty Re: Amazon Forest Combat Results: Ueda Wins, Falcao, Parisyan Lose, Ishii Robbed

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Some surprising results there surprised Neto beat Falcao I'll be honest judging some of the Neto fights I have seen I'm surprised (again Very Happy) interested in seeing the fight I wonder If size was a factor with Neto being a HW most of his career.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:39 pm

cant really comment on the Ishii fight since i havent seen it, but if the crowd were loudly boo-ing their own fighter getting a decision its probably a bit dodgy.!1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm