The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

UFC 134 review

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Re: UFC 134 review

Post  rudeboyben84 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Maia has the strength or a Ww, Santiago isnt much more powerfull either, Palhares could Rag Doll either man and pick where he fights them, He has a higher % sub win that either and although Maia's BJJ is considered higher you have to say Palhares poses the biggest submission threat. Nastier subs, much better Wrestling than either, stronger and argeuabally better striking as well as being tougher... how he could loose just because they have comparible BJJ i dont know.

and its been a long time since I saw Belforts Ground game tested as well, I wouldnt think he is a sure bet to win either.

I rate Palhares right up there ability wise though Id totally agree in terms of being a "name" he has a long way to go for a title shot, If not the Belcher/Macdonnald winner I think he could fight Okami in his next one. I think he needs 2 wins before he is given a shot, a win over Belfort is probabally the only guy that fast tracks anyone to a title fight and I dont think Palhares fights him next.

Wand isnt even near the title picture and a long way behind Palhares.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:54 pm

wand is miles away from a shot you are right but he did beat a top 10 ufc middleweight in bisping, no matter what most of us think of bisping, he needs at least 3 maybe more no doubts and 3 is only remotley possible if he gets okami belfort next, tough fighter tho i like him alot, no gurantee he would of beet nate grease or no grease
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:24 pm

I really rate Palhares,I think he's a nutcase with serious issues,but i do think he is a real threat for any of the top MW's(maybe not Silva,but shit who is)
    I think he is atleast 3 good wins away from a Title shot though,that's why I think fighting the winner of Maia - Santiago would be the best next step for his career,if successful in that one,then he needs to beat a couple of the likes of your Bispings,Munez,Leban,Miller,Okami,Stann or just Vitor or Sonnen,before he gets a shot at Silva.

I think at the moment,he needs to beat a few of these guys to overtake them in line for a shot or another shot,because I would say that all of those fighters I've listed are,at the moment,infront of Palhares in the UFC for a title shot.

Plus who knows,if strikeforce does fold during that time,and jacare's still champ,I'm sure Jacare would jump ahead of the pack as a challenger for Silva's belt in a champ v champ match.
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:57 pm

Maia-Palhares would be epic, would also love to see UFC sign Falcao back, the MW division can be really get going now i feel, even though Anderson is beating everybody.

In contrast, the WW division is really going to be uninteresting if GSP beats Diaz. They really should get GSP to leave and go to 185lb. GSP's fight are just becoming tedious now and there is pratically no one left if he wins.
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Penn-Condit winner will face GSP if he beats Diaz. I'd be reasonably interested in seeing that fight.

Although Diaz v BJ is possibly the fight I most want to come to fruition in the near future in any division (except for JJ v in-shape Shogun)

By the time Palhares gets a shot Sonnen will be the MW champ. Palhares is a fighter you look forward to seeing fight, if only to see what retarded shit he does next. Unfortunately though, no casual fans really know who he is. As others have said, 3 fights minimum until he fights for any belts.
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Sonnen wont be MW champ mate, not a flipping chance. Silva knows his game now and will work hard on being 100% ready to kick his ass.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:50 pm

He knew his game the last time too.

Sonnen will beat Anderson unless he makes a mistake again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:15 am